Status: active

Your Guardian Angel

Preface.

Image

Image

They stood together looking over the kingdom; one blond head next to a dark head. Their voices were mere whispers but they heard each other clearly. Clad in only black pants with huge black wing tattoos that covered their backs visible, they surveyed the land in front of them.

“This mission is of the utmost importance,” the blond one said. The dark haired male nodded in silence, his ice blue eyes darting different places keeping his eye on the people below. “All of your other charges will be reassigned; you are to focus only on her. Unless it is absolutely necessary, do not make contact with her.”

“I know the rules,” the dark-haired male replied in a clipped tone.

“However, if you should need to break the rule, make sure she won’t tell.”

I know the rules,” the dark-haired one replied with a little more venom, he wasn’t mad really, he just hated being reminded of something he knew by heart. He’d had charges for centuries, knew the rules: no contact, never be seen, and never ever let your feelings get in the way. “When I’ve had so many charges in the past, why are you being redundant about the rules now?”

“This one’s different; this is the one we’ve been waiting for,” the blond one whispered. Immediately, ice blue eyes snapped to his face in confusion.

“You’re serious?”

“Yes. The prophecy is coming true; she’s already been born. Her eyes were blue the first two years of her life and they’ve turned violet now. Her hair is raven black. This is the one we’ve been waiting for. Keep her safe; he can’t touch her until her twenty-first birthday.” He turned towards his friend, chocolate eyes meeting ice eyes. “There is no room for error on this one. We need her alive.”

“Does he already know about her?” came the reply.

“We don’t know. Her eyes only changed a few hours ago; he could already know about her.”

“Why me?” the brown-haired male shook his head, letting his eyes wander back to the people below them. He couldn’t see his charges anymore, just the one little girl with violet eyes.

“You’re the best we have.”

You’re the best we have,” was the sarcastic reply.

“You know I don’t guard anymore. The council has chosen you specifically for this. You’ve proven yourself to them. Don’t let them down. Don’t let me down.”

The dark head nodded in reply and he stood up on the balcony wall overlooking everything. With a roll of his shoulders, the tattoo on his back started to move, and from it sprang two huge wings at least twelve feet in diameter. With his feet on the edge, he fell forward, his wings sprawling wide and with a whoosh he was soaring.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS STORY!
not as excited as Shootout, but i'm just saying (:
letting everyone know Alex Ovechkin just scored a goal! i'm so happy for him (:
enjoy. any ideas of things to come?