Status: Active

A Smile So Genuine

Survivor

I screamed at Charlie through the door. "Charlie, wear a bathing suit, they have a pool!" I heard a rustling sound inside her room, so I opened the door slowly, peering inside. Charlie was yanking on jean shorts, securing a belt across them. "Your ass looks great in those." She spun around, raising her eyebrows up at me. She was wearing yellow cut-off shirt that revealed the lower part of her flat stomach. Not enough to look slutty, but enough to make my hands sweat. She smiled at me, pulling her Ray Ban aviators over her bright green eyes. "Josh, I need to make a good impression. Don't tell any embarrassing stories about me, OK? Your brother was making fun of me for an hour last night because you told him about the whole spitting-water-at-Robert-Pattinson thing." I shrugged my shoulders and chuckled. "That was a funny story. Should I tell the one were you tripped over a tree on the set, almost breaking a camera? Or the one were you sneezed into the red makeup powder, dying the makeup artist's skin red for two days? Or the one-" I was cut short by Charlie's lips on mine, biting down on my lower lip. "Stop that Josh." I rolled my eyes back and moaned. "Do you have to kiss me like that? It makes go crazy." She laughed, pulling my hand out the door. "Yes. I think I do."

We pulled up to my friend Pete's house. They were all playing football in the front yard, while some of my friends who were girls were off to the side, laughing as the boys wrestled each other to the ground. I could hear Charlie mumbling something to herself. "You OK there, Char?" She nodded her head. "I'm trying to count how many are there." I laughed and squeezed her hand. "You're gonna be fine." She looked over at me, pursing her lips. "Yeah, are these the same guys who have my Maxim pictures on their wall?" I pushed my head back laughing. My dad had mentioned that to her. I pulled her lips to mine, and put our foreheads together. "Yes, but I'll keep them restrained when you're in your bathing suit, OK?" She suppressed a laugh and nodded.

I watch the girls whisper excitingly to each other, standing up as we approached them. The boys stopped playing, mischievous smiles on their lips. Sam was the first one to run to us. "Josh! It's so great to see you!" She hugged me quickly, then turned her attention to Charlie. "Hi." I held back a laugh. Charlie smiled and reached out her hand. "Hi, I'm Charlie. You're Sam right? Josh mentioned you had a tattoo on your wrist, I just couldn't help but notice it." How did Charlie remember that? I told her like once. Sam shook her hand, gleaming at Charlie. "Yeah, its a infinity sign. Do you have any tattoos?" Charlie shook her head. "Not yet, but soon. I definitely want one. A bird on my wrist, actually." I looked at Charlie curiously. I didn't know she wanted a tattoo. Sam waved everyone over. They all greeted Charlie, not exactly sure how they should act. Chase laughed, "My sister's inside Josh. With her friends. Thought you should know that." The group chuckled. Charlie looked curiously at them.

"They're obsessed with Josh. It's quite funny actually. But I'm more worried about you, Charlie. They've been to three of your concerts." Charlie smiled and winked. "I'll be on the lookout." They all relaxed when they realized she wasn't a crazy, Hollywood nut job. Some still accidentally called her by her full name, Charlie Madison. Like they were in awe, or something. But Charlie just accepted it graciously. While we were around the pool talking, when Sam came up with the idea of a game. "Let's play survivor please!" Everyone nodded in agreement. Charlie shrugged her shoulders, "What's that?" Blaine, one of my best buds, grabbed her hand and pulled her up. "Don't worry. I'll explain the rules to you. You can be on my team." Charlie laughed and followed him, followed by a few other members of their team.

The game was pretty simple. There was an offense team and a defense team. The offense team had to get to their team base without being pushed into the pool. The defense team had to do the pushing. I watched Charlie from across the yard strip off her shirt and bottoms, like everyone else was doing. Her stomach was flat and toned, her long legs smooth and lean. I yelled at my friends, who were all gawking at her. "Keep your eyes and your hands off my girlfriend, OK?" They all just smirked at me, as Charlie rolled her eyes and laughed. Charlie's team went and hid, while my team hid around the pool, ready to push anyone in.

We watched silently, waiting for someone to make the first move. I heard a rustle and watched Charlie peer at the pool from behind the house. She began tip-toeing towards her team base. "I got her." I whispered to Chase. I crept out, completely ready to pounce. As soon as she saw me, she began frantically running towards her base. I was fast though, and caught up to her as soon as she fell to the ground. She screamed out in pain. I ran to her. She was clutching ankle, tears falling from her eyes. "Oh my god Charlie. Chase! Go get ice!" My team surround her, watching me stroke her hair. We didn't notice her team creeping across the yard. Chase walked out and yelled. "What the hell! How'd they get there!" We all turned to see the other team lounging at their base, laughing at our team. I look down at Charlie, who was giggling uncontrollably. Sam shook her head. "Wow. She is good."

I picked up Charlie over my shoulder and threw her in the pool. She screamed my name and laughed. I jumped in after her, everyone following my suit. I pull her legs around my waist and she wrapped her hands around my neck. "I'm so good." I rolled my eyes and smirked. "Yeah, you think so huh?" She laughed and nodded her head, pulling my lips to hers. She was perfect. Everything I ever wanted in a girlfriend. Then we heard a scream.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments and messages if you'd like!