Sequel: CSI: Across the Pond

Gerard Way: Crime Scene Investigator

Chapter 4

Frank knocked on the door of the mansion, staring up at the large double doors. This place was huge.

“Okay, if he’s staying in a place like this, why would he go to a hotel? I think his house is nicer.” Gerard struggled to keep a straight face.

“That’s what we’re here to find out.” The door opened, and a man in an expensive suit looked between them.

“Can I help you with anything?” he asked with a slight Italian accent. Gerard nodded.

“We’re with the city’s crime lab, investigating a murder that happened a few days ago. We’d like to ask you some questions.” The man allowed them inside. While Frank was busy gawking, Gerard was speaking to the man.

“There was a hotel room registered under your name. We have reason to believe someone fired a shot from that room. Do you know anything about this?” Gerard asked. The man shook his head.

“As I’m sure you can see, I have no reason to go to a hotel. However, I recently gave one of my employees a paid vacation under my name at the Mediterranean Resort, the one downtown.” Gerard wrote it down and nodded, asking for the employee’s name and address.

Meanwhile, Frank was still in the entrance hall admiring everything he saw. Most of the objects would have covered a large portion of his salary.

“Frank!” called Gerard, startling the A/V analyst out of his reverie. “Done drooling?” he asked with a smirk. Frank merely nodded and followed him out of the house.

“Looks like the guy working for this guy is a little low on cash,” said Gerard as he drove to the latest suspect’s house which was, unfortunately, on the other side of town.

“Sell some drugs, make some money. Or get someone else to do the dirty work for you,” said Frank as if it were a simple plan. They reached the house in another half an hour.

Gerard knocked on the door, but no one answered. There were two old cars in the driveway, but it was completely silent inside. Finally, the door slowly opened-

And a blood-covered child collapsed at Gerard’s feet. He instantly drew his gun in the event that the one responsible was still inside, but no one came to the door. Frank had already radioed for an ambulance, and Gerard struggled to keep the kid conscious.

“It's okay, you’re safe now,” he told the child reassuringly. The young boy said he wasn’t actually hurt and that the blood belonged to someone still inside the house. Gerard left the kid with Frank and readied his gun, entering the living room.

It was a sickening sight. There was blood all over the floor, walls, and furniture. Gerard saw someone on the couch and slowly approached them, but lowered his gun when he saw that the woman was dead. He followed the woman’s blood trail into the master bedroom, where he also saw a dead man. An early guess told Gerard it was her husband. Frank joined the search, grimacing at the scene. The paramedics had arrived to take care of the young boy.

“What do you think might have happened here, Gee?” he asked as he took pictures of every blood spatter he could find. Gerard shook his head.

“I don’t know, but we need to find out. This kid’s got a lot of growing up to do in a short amount of time.”