Status: FINISHED

Keep the Change, You Filthy Animal

DC Bitches

We all sat around a table at the café, I was next to jack and Adam, I had recovered pretty well from the hangover, this was possibly a first for me, and I was going through the menu when Alex turned to me.

‘Melissa, fancy doing that cover of into your arms tonight?’ he asked me.

‘Yeah sure, during your set?’ I asked him.

‘Yeah, I’ve got a brilliant idea for it.’ He answered.

‘Okay, cool.’ I carried on going down the menu until I chose a caser salad.

Lunch was a laugh actually, ATL’s crew are pretty loud on top of that you had jack shouting, I remind pretty quiet, I’m normally really loud but I didn’t feel like that today. Once we had finished we all headed back, everyone was in their tour bus we had to wait to actually get to the electric factory, I was going over the chords for the song tonight, when Alex texted me. It was 5:30, we had sound check then were meant to get ready, and he told me that we should practice during their sound check.

We got to the electric factory were no strings attached did a small sound check, I waited until ATL finished theirs, it was quiet in the factory expect for the crew sorting out the last bits and bobs, we hooked up our guitars to the speakers and started to play.
We went over the song about 8 times until Alex was taken to meet fans and I was sent backstage, I went into our dressing room and started to get ready it was 7 now, we were due on at 7:30, I pulled a curling wand through my hair and then applied my dark makeup, which was a lot of mascara and eyeliner, then some fountain so I didn’t look too washed out. I then opened up a bag to look for some clothes for tonight. I pulled out a black tube top with studs some white skinnies and some black boots then some bracelets. I put them on then my in ears were placed on and we made our way towards the stage to play.
I was waiting on the side guitar at the ready, I didn’t even know when Alex would want me so I was having to wait at the side, until finally they came off stage and Alex was given his guitar, there was two stools put on stage, he held up his hand so that I could high five it. I did and we walked on stage.

‘Alright guys time for a cover,’ he told the fans. They went crazy.

‘This is Melissa from No Strings Attached. Here’s into your arms.’

We both started to play, it was a pretty good cover by the time we’d finished the crowd went wild. I waved goodbye to them and Alex started to do remembering Sunday. I took my guitar off and handed it to Adam, and jack pulled me in for a hug then whispered in my ear.

‘That was good.’ I smiled then went backstage. We were going to DC next; I knew we’d be
leaving soon. ATL’s set finished and after they had met some fans they got on their bus, well expect the jack and Alex piled into ours. I pulled myself into my bunk and was joined by Alex and Jack; I don’t know how we were going to sleep. But we managed it.
I woke up the next day in DC, we were booked into a hotel so I pushed jack onto Alex and climbed around them, and went to get my things I was sharing a room with Becky and Brooke so all three of us went a booked in. I wasn’t that tired so I pulled out my running things and went for a light jog around DC.

JACK’S POV

My head was spinning I looked around to see I was being spooned by Alex, now normal this would freak a guy out but I was used to it, I looked at the end of the bunk there was some pictures, I managed to squint to see who they were, I could make out one was Melissa and Zach, I was about to look at the others when the hangover suddenly came, I pushed Alex and ran to the nearest bin, no way was I being sick in Melissa’s bunk. I threw the bin outside I didn’t care who was watching, I needed a shower and my own bed, matt opened up the tour bus door.

‘I’ve got your things, here’s you keys to the hotel. Have a fun day off.’ He put to keys on the table and left. I picked them up and left one with Alex before leaving the bus and going straight to the hotel. I didn’t want to spend today inside so I texted Melissa.
From: jack
Fancy going somewhere today with me and Alex?
You can drag Becky or Amy along? Xxx
I sent it to her then chucked my phone on the bed before going in the bathroom, I stripped naked and waited for the water temperature to be alright before entering it and washing myself and my hair. Then wrapped a towel around me once I was finished before going back into the bedroom I pulled out some clean underwear some skinny jeans and a top then got out my glasses, my head was still spinning there was no way I could concentrate enough to put my contacts back in, I reached for my phone to see a new message.
From: Melissa.
Sure, Becky is still asleep, I’ll bring Amy,
What time? Xxx

I fisted pumped the air, this was possibly the only time Melissa as seen me sober well ish, I had a hangover, I called Alex, and he answered on the last ring.

‘What?’ he moaned at me.

‘Get up, come here, we’re going out.’ I shouted down the phone.

‘Fuck, you’re loud for someone with a hangover, who with?’ I could hear him moving and shutting things.

‘Melissa and Amy.’ I told him, even more excited by the sound of her name.

‘I’ll be up in 5.’ He told me then hung up. I replied to Melissa.

From: Jack
Half 2? Xxx

That gave Alex half an hour to look good, I didn’t want him to look like a state, well I’ve seen him bad but I’m not sure Melissa or Amy have. There was a knock and I jumped straight up.
♠ ♠ ♠
i was posting this and my 18 year old brother is singing i will survie, funniest thing ever!
yeah so i wanted to post this badly!
comment please!
melissa