Status: Work in Progress

Physical Therapy

Anger and Spilled Secrets

Roxy’s POV

It had been a week since the Halloween party and Sid still hasn’t called Sarah. She is getting more and more upset each day. The team had gotten back from a short road trip yesterday that Jordan and I stayed home for and now were practicing for an upcoming game at home against San Jose. I decided during practice I was going to talk to Sid after to see what was going through his head. Ten minutes after practice was over I was pacing outside of the locker room waiting to go in and successfully working my anger up. I finally got angry enough that I didn’t care if they were naked and stormed in there.

I marched right up to Sidney who was just in his boxers and ignored the yells from everyone else to get out. “What the hell are you thinking?!?” I yelled at him and scared him because he jumped before turning around to look at me.

“Me? What are you thinking?” he asked with a smile but it dropped when he saw I wasn’t kidding with him.

“You never called” I said and got a lot of heads whipping between me, Sidney, and Geno, who was a couple of stalls down and looking at us with anger in his eyes.

“Can we not talk about this here?” he asked me in a tight voice.

“Oh now you want to talk? After what you did?” I asked him

“What did he do?” Geno asked coming up behind me and putting a hand on my shoulder, I don’t know if it was for support or to mark his territory but I didn’t care in that second.

“You going to tell them or am I?” I asked Sid who was begging me with his eyes not to tell.

He finally sighed with defeat and muttered out “I slept with Sarah and never called her” in a low voice.

“You what?!” Geno asked

“You can do that to any other puck slut you pick up at some bar but not with my sister!” I yelled at him “Stay away from her!” with that I stormed out of the room and back to my office. I was still angry thinking about the situation and my phone started to ring.

“What?!” I yelled

“Roxanne Marie, do not yell at your mother like that!” my mom yelled back at me.

“Oh, sorry mom; I have had a bad morning” I told her

“Its okay sweetie, we are so excited to see you in a couple of weeks!” she said and I could just see her bouncing.

“Yeah me too, I can’t wait for you to meet the guys!”

“Who would have guessed that my daughters would be good friends with the Pittsburgh Penguins?” she asked with a laugh

“I wouldn’t have” I said “This is all so surreal”

“What do you mean sweetheart?” she asked

“Moving to Pittsburgh, getting a job with the Penguins, being friends with the guys, dating the man of my dreams” I said then automatically winced.

I waited for my mom to say something when finally she asked “What was that last one?”

“Oh, um, I am sorta dating someone” I said

“Who?” she asked

“His name is Evgeni” I said and waited for her to put it together

“I’m sure I didn’t hear you correctly, it sounded like you said Evgeni. As in Evgeni Malkin the hockey player?” she asked

“Would it be horrible if I said yes?” I asked and braced for the yelling or something of that nature.

It was quiet for a moment before she asked “Are you happy?”

“I am the happiest I have been in a long time mom” I said truthfully

“And he treats you good?”

“Like I am made of glass” I answered her

“Good, now I am even more excited to meet him” she said

“We are too” I said thinking back to when I told him.

“Well honey I need to go to work. I will talk to you later” she said

“Bye mom, I love you”

“Love you too baby” she said before hanging up.

I was in my office for a few minutes answering some emails from back home when Geno came in and sat down in the chair across from me, he put his head into his hands and sighed.

“What did he say when I left?” I asked him

“He sorry but thought she not want to hear from him” he said

“What? He said he would call and never did. If he didn’t want to talk to her again he shouldn’t have ever gotten her hopes up. Better yet shouldn’t have slept with her in the first place.” I said

“I know” he said

“Come on” I said getting up and pulling him up too.

“Where we go?” he asked and I pulled on my jacket and the skates from under my desk and showed him.

“Let’s try skating again” I said and he pulled me back to the locker room which had cleared out since I left. Five minutes later we were stepping onto the ice and he was pulling me along.
“Look at that, I’m getting better” I said as I pushed off a little without falling.

“Good job” he said with a smile “Ready to be on own?” he asked

“I don’t know, will you stay close?” I asked him

“I catch you”

“Ok, let go” I said and felt his hands leave my waist. I pushed off and was skating on my own, it was so exhilarating. “How do you stop?” I asked turning my head to see him standing back where he let me go. “You said you wouldn’t be far!” I yelled at him and learned to stop on accident by turning my skates to the side when I turned to look at him. “Did you see that?!” I said excitedly

“Yes I did, you natural” he said skating over and gave me a hug. He grabbed my hand and we started skating together.

We spent most of the time skating in silence before remembering my conversation with my mom. “My mom knows about us” I told him

“What she say?”

“I was talking about how good my life was and how happy I was and I said something about you. She asked who you were then kind of freaked out when I told her. She can’t wait to meet you now that she knows you are my boyfriend” I told him to see him smiling “Do your parents know about me?”

“Mama knows” he said

“What did she say?”

“She happy I happy” he said looking down at me.

“I love you” I told him

“Love you too” he said and gave me a quick kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness but this was the place to break it up for it to make sense.
Hope you like it and have something to say!

Love you guys,

Kirsten :)