Status: Work in Progress

Physical Therapy

Florida Part 1

Roxy’s POV

We just landed in Tampa and I couldn’t be happier. Florida is my home but Pittsburgh is quickly changing that.

“So how does it feel to be back home?” Jordan asked as we got off the plane and stepped outside and into the humid sunshine.

“It feels like home” I said with a smile

“How did you live here for 20 years? I feel like I just stepped into a sauna” Max said

“Try being here in July or August when it is 98 degrees and 100 percent humidity. I would say it is about 58 degrees with 60 percent right now” I told them and they stared at me “What? I know my weather”

“You are so weird” Max said as we started to board the bus.

I pulled out my phone after I was seated next to Geno and turned it back on. I had a text from my friend Courtney and a missed call from my mom. I called my mom back and we talked for most of the ride. They were almost done with their long drive to Tampa from northern Florida where they live; it was about 8 hours away.

“I can’t wait to see you! Tell dad to be careful driving and that I love him. Ok I gotta go mom, call me when you get here, I love you too. Bye” I said and hung up as we were pulling into the hotel parking lot. As we were waiting for room keys I texted Courtney back saying I just got to the hotel and asked her where she was. She flew in this morning and was already here somewhere.

“Well, look what the cat dragged in” a southern voice said behind me and I smirked before turning around. There she was, all 5’8, blonde hair, blue eyes and perfect body, of her.

“Excuse me whore?” I asked with a smirk but she was cut off from view by Geno. I just pushed him out of the way and grabbed her into a huge hug. “I missed you so much” I said to her and I could see all the guys staring at us like we were crazy, except for Jordan.

He came over to us and said with a smile, “You must be Courtney”

“Yeah, and who is askin’?” she asked and put her hand on her hip.

“I’m Jordan, I have heard a lot about you”

“Oh you’re Jordan, nice to put a face with the name” she told him and looked him up and down.

“Likewise” he said with his trademark smirk.

“Well everybody this is my best friend Courtney” I said and gestured to her and they moved in fast to greet her.

“Okay everybody, here are your room keys” Dan said and passed out the keys “Be down here at 3:30 ready to get on the bus for practice”

Everyone left pretty fast after that to get to their rooms and get ready for practice. Courtney followed me up to my room and it turned out Geno was right next door again.

“Well, look at that” I said to him with a smile

He gave me a smirk and said “Lucky” with a wink before disappearing into his room with Kris.

“Damn girl” she said as we entered my room.

“What?” I asked as I looked for my track suit to wear to practice.

“He is crazy about you” she said from where she flopped down on my king size bed.

“Good because I am crazy about him too” I said after I found it. “So anything exciting happen since I left?”

We spent the next hour catching up and before I knew it, it was time to get ready for practice. I was in the middle of changing when my phone started to ring and I saw it was my mom calling.

“Hey mom, are you guys here?” I asked pulling my pants on.

“Yeah we are downstairs checking in now”

“Okay, I am on my way” I said and hung up the phone.

I came out of the bathroom “Come on my parents are downstairs” I told Courtney. We got down to the lobby after I grabbed all my stuff for practice. I didn’t think I missed my parents that much but as soon as I saw them I started tearing up.

“Oh baby what’s wrong?” my mom asked as she pulled me into a hug.

“I missed you guys so much and it just hit me” I said and pulled away to hug my dad.

“Hey dad” I said as he hugged me tight.

“Hey princess” he said “So I heard you got a boyfriend” he pulled away with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes “Yes but you can’t say anything out loud, any of you” I told them

“Why not?” my mom asked

“We haven’t told everybody yet” I said “We are waiting a while”

“Okay sweetie we won’t say anything to anyone” my mom said and everyone nodded in agreement. I checked my phone to see it was almost 3:30 and the guys would be down soon.
“Hey if Dan says it’s okay do you want to come and watch practice?” I asked them and got back positive answers.

***********************************************************
An hour later after an okay from Dan we were sitting in the stands watching the team practice.

“What do you usually do during practice?” my dad asked

“See number 11?” I asked them pointing to Jordan “That is Jordan Staal, I have been working on his hand for the past month and he is close to coming back” I said and watched Jordan skate around and handle a puck.

“I wouldn’t have guessed he is hurt” my mom said also watching Jordan. “You did a good job sweetie”

“Thanks mom” I said

“So Thanksgiving is coming up soon” she said and turned her attention back to me. “What are you and your sister doing?”

“I’m not sure yet, depends on what the team is doing” I said

“What do you mean?” Courtney asked

“Well most of them are not American so they don’t usually celebrate. So it might be a quiet night just the two of us or three if Geno wants to join” I said

“Why don’t you come home?” my mom asked

“Can’t, there is a game the next day and I need to be there” I said “I wish I could, you know how much I love your stuffing” I told my mom and gave her a smile, “Maybe we can come home for Christmas but I would have to see what Sarah can do before I make any definite plans.”

“Okay honey” she said with a sad smile

“Well practice is almost over so I need to talk to Dan. I will see you guys back at the hotel?” I asked as I got up from my seat and making my way down the stairs.

“Yeah, see you later” Courtney yelled out.

********************************************************

After practice I talked to Dan about how Jordan looked on the ice before he had to take a call, leaving me to wait for the guys.

Jordan came out first “Did you see me out there?”

“Yeah, you looked really good out there” I said “Let me see that hand”

He rolled his eyes but handed it over without complaint. I checked it for swelling and tenderness but found none. “Well, I think this is the best it has looked so far” I said “Now to get the team doc to clear you is a different story” I said and looked him in the eye.

“I know” he said “I have an appointment tomorrow morning”

“Good, do you want me there?” I asked him

“No I think I will be a big boy and go by myself” he said with a smile

“Whatever” I said as some of the other guys came out.

“So what are we doing tonight?” TK asks

“Dinner?” Jordan asked

“I’m starving, so get the rest of the boys together and lets go” I said

“And who said you were going?” Max asked with a smirk

“Fine, you explain to Geno why you wouldn’t let me come to dinner”

“Fine you can come. Only because I don’t want to listen to him bitch all night” Kris said

“I’m glad that is the only reason you keep me around, love you guys too” I said with sarcasm in my voice.

“Hey” I heard from behind me and it brought a smile to my face.

“Hey, babe” I said and gave him a small kiss “We were just talking about dinner, hungry?”

“Da, starving” he said with a smile and we were off to dinner.

***************************************************************
“Shit that was amazing” I said as we got into the elevator.

“Language” Kris said with a small smile. He was finally warming up to me after a month and a half for working together.

“Oh how could I be so careless around your virgin ears” I deadpanned and he rolled his eyes at me.

“I’m tired” I yawned and leaned on Geno for support.

He wrapped an arm around me and gave me a kiss on the head “Me too”

“You guys make me sick” Max said

“Just jealous” Geno said with a smirk

“Yes I am so jealous of your secret relationship” he said “and I hate getting to fuck a girl whenever I want”

“You may be able to fuck whoever you want but when was the last time you had stability in your life?” I asked

“Stability?” he asked with a laugh and the doors opened up to our floor. We all got out but didn’t go far so we could finish our conversation.

“Yeah, don’t you want someone to come home to after a long road trip to just chill out, watch a movie and cuddle with?” I asked him

He just stares at me for a minute before saying “I’d rather fuck someone”

I rolled my eyes “Of course you would” I said

Geno leaned down and whispered in my ear “I rather cuddle with you” he pulled away with a smile on his face.

“Ya tebya lyublyu” I said and hoped no one else understood Russian. It’s not that I don’t want anyone to know I love him; it is that I don’t want people to judge us for moving too fast.

I saw his whole face light up before giving me a kiss.

“Please tell me you didn’t tell him you want to fuck” Kris said

“Language” I said with a smirk “And that is for us to know and you to never find out”

“When did you start speaking Russian?” Max asked

“G has been teaching me” I said with a smile “and I have been teaching his better English”

“Well thank god, we all know he needs that” he says and I feel G tense up next to me.

“Shut up dick, when I get done with him he will be amazing” I said and punched him in the arm. “Well we need to get some sleep because we have an early morning skate” I said and started walking towards my door with Kris and Geno following me since their room was right next door.

“Good night” Max says before stepping into his room

“Night Roxy” Kris says before disappearing into his room and leaving me and Geno alone in the hallway.

“Guess what” I say

“What?” he asks

“I have a huge king bed and no possible way to fill it” I told him with a smirk

“I help?” he asks in his adorable broken English with a smirk.

“Please?” I ask

“Of course, see you in few minutes” he says and disappears into his room. I get into my room and get ready for bed before there is a knock on the connecting door. I open it to find Geno in just boxers and a smile on his face.

“Come in, I just need to brush my teeth” I said and left him to go to the bathroom. Ten minutes later I had brushed teeth, a washed face, and was snuggled up in the arms of the man I love.

“I love you” I said before drifting off to sleep.

The last thing I remember is a kiss on the head and “I love you” whispered in my ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok I am so sorry for the delay. I have been stuck without internet and couldn't update.
So many things have happened in the past week.
1) NHL Awards- I am SOOO happy Geno won all the awards he was up for. Wasn't his 1st speech adorable? And the 2nd speech about Gonchar almost made me cry.
2) The Jordan Staal trade was heartbreaking but I wish him all the best in Carolina with his new wife and brothers.
3) IN SHERO WE TRUST!!!!!!!!

Kirsten :)