Status: Work in Progress

Physical Therapy

Why?

Roxy’s POV

“Come on Jordan, five more” I told him as I watched him work out his wrist “5…4…3…2…1 Good job” I told him as he rested.

“Thanks” I said in between sips of water

“How does it feel?” I ask looking at his hand

“Really good” he said “I promise I am telling the truth”

“Ok, I trust you. Did you have a nice Christmas?”

“Yeah, I Skyped with my family because no one could go home. We all opened presents with each other” he said

“I know what you mean; this was my fort Christmas without my parents. It was really weird but I had my sister, Geno and his parents.”

“How was that?” he asked as we moved to another machine

“They are amazing and we are having a good time”

“Get anything good?” he asked

“I got this beautiful necklace from Geno” I said touching the necklace

“That’s it?” he asked

“Well I got other things from my family. Oh he is flying my parents out here for the classic!” I say with a huge smile “Why?”

“I am just surprised there isn’t a rock on your finger” he said like we were talking about the weather.

“What?” I looked at him like he had three heads.

“I’m just saying I am surprised he didn’t pop the question” he says with a shrug

“Why? Did he say something?”

“No but I see the way he looks at you. Like the sun shines out of your ass”

“That is really sweet but I don’t like the idea of getting propose to on a holiday” I said

“Why?”

“I feel like its cliché, it should be a holiday in itself, or on a day that is significant to the couple” I said “Enough about my love life, get to moving. I want 20 reps on both sides”

“Yes ma’am” he said with a salute and got to work.

We worked out for another 30 minutes before one of the interns came and told me Dan wanted to talk to me.

“Okay, just cool down on the bike or treadmill. You are done for the day” I told Jordan before going to see Dan.

After settling down into the chair in his office he cut right to the chase “How is Jordan?”

“I think he is doing really well and he is improving each day. I think he is ready to start skating again and I am trying my hardest to get him ready for the Classic.” I told him

“I know you are and I think you are doing a great job”

“Thank you” I said with a small smile

“I just have some people breathing on the back of my neck for information” he said and took his glasses off to rub his eyes. I could tell he was stressed by just looking at him so I decided to change the subject.

“So how was your holiday?” I ask with a smile. We talked for about 20 minutes before he got a call he had to take.

By the time I got down to my office Geno was inside playing with his phone at my desk. “If you didn’t play hockey, you make one hot ass boss” I said leaning against the doorframe. His head shot up at my voice then rolled his eyes.

“Ready to go home?” he asked and I got butterflies in my stomach at the word home.

“Yeah, I just have to make sure Jordan isn’t pushing himself before we leave.” I walked over to do one last check of the computer; I sat in his lap and checked my email.

“You kill me” he says into my neck before giving me a kiss.

“You love it” I said back as I shut down my computer and grabbing my purse. I put on my extra layer of clothes so I could go outside into the snowy weather. We walked to the gym to find some guys still doing some workouts but didn’t see Jordan. “Did Jordan leave?” I asked Sid

“Yeah about ten minutes ago, why?”

“Just making sure he isn’t pushing himself. Well I will see you all tomorrow” I say and we leave the building hand in hand.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We got back to Geno’s house to find his parents went out and went to the kitchen for some lunch.

“There is a message on the machine” I say to him before opening the fridge. I hear him shuffle over to the machine and hit the button.

“Privet Evgeni , yego Oksana. YA tolʹko chto zvonil , chtoby skazatʹ vam, ya poluchil vashe nastoyashcheye i ya lyublyu yego. YA skuchal po tebe , i ya vse yeshche lyublyu tebya . YA pozvonyu tebe pozzhe.”

I was frozen because I knew that voice, it was his ex and I could make out most of those words. Something about a present, she missed him, and that she still loves him. I shut the fridge door to see Geno frozen and staring at me. I could feel the tears pooling in my eyes but I tried to hold them back until I got an explanation.

“What the fuck was that?” I ask in a deadly calm voice.

“Roxy…” the way he said my name I knew what she said was true and that he really did send her a present.

“I have to go” I say and rush down the hall, grabbing my stuff and running outside to my car

“Roxy! Wait!” he yells out and chases after me but I am already in my car by the time he is coming out of the garage. I peel out of his neighborhood as fast as I could, by this time I have tears running down my face and can barely breathe. My phone is ringing in my purses but I ignore it because I know it is him.

I know I should have pulled over but I wasn’t thinking clearly. While trying to wipe my face with my sleeve I hit a patch of black ice and started to slide.

“Shit!” I yelled out as I tried to get control of the car back. But nothing was working and I kept sliding until I saw headlights coming straight towards me.

I remember glass shattering, the airbag in my face, and then the whole world went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sorry this is so short. Don't get too mad at me! Please!
I would love to hear your thoughts.

Kirsten :)