Status: WRITING.

I Knew You'd Be Trouble...

Chapter 25-

I hate my life.
There I said it, my life now sucks and it’s all thanks to that cock sucker and his fucking girlfriend or should I say the rabid little thing that comes in a three pack. They beat me up yesterday, and the day before… In fact, for the past few weeks since I came back from Mariposa. I’ve tried getting days off to avoid it, but the great thing about having a doctor for a mum and a teacher for a dad is that you always have perfect attendance unless you were involved in a house fire of course. That is the acceptation, oh and Mariposa, but I begged on my knees for that week away. My body ached when I got home, broken nose (cracked back into place), cracked ribs (bandaged up myself), Black eye and a split lip, very much bruised everywhere. I sat in my car, pain killers in one hand, my trusty flask of Jack in the other; nothing numbs the pain like industrial Ibuprofen and a strong swig of liquor. It gave me that lovely numb buzz as I drank it down. I got out of my car and buttoned up my cardigan before swinging my backpack over my shoulder and tossing my flask in the glove box of my car.
“Hey Jo!” Jimmy shouted as I waved him over. “Why the long sleeves? It’s fuckin’ hot today!”
I laughed and pushed up my sunglasses.
“I know but hey, I don’t want to get sunstroke again now do I?” He smiled at me and wrapped one long arm around my waist; he knew I’d been getting a bit of shit off of the girls but not the full extent of the war going on.
“What classes do we have the same today?” he asked as we ventured to our spot.
“We have the same classes on Thursday Jimbo.” I patted him on the back and put my arm around his waist, with my hand on his hip.
“Hey Guys!” Val greeted us as she sat on Matt’s lap, they made such a cute couple, I’m so glad they’re taking it seriously.
“What’s up faggots?” I laughed as Jimmy pulled me onto his lap.
“Brian alert.” Johnny whispered, perching down next to me and Jim.
“Hey.” He said casually, tugging Tabby and her army of rats with him. “You don’t mind if Tab and the girls join us right?” He asked quirking his stupidly stupid eyebrow.
“It’s up to Jo really…” Matt said, nuzzling Val’s neck making her squeal. All eyes turned on me and suddenly my shoes got really interesting until Jim poked my nose, making me flinch and the girls cackle giggle.
“Yeah, sure, go ahead, s’free country right?” I laughed nervously, feeling everyone tense up.
“Thanks, Oh and Suzy wants you to babysit for Kenna tonight…” I looked up and met his eyes for the first time in about 2 weeks, oh god.
"Can you or Brent not do it?"
"We have band practice." seriously? Like I didn't know that dick head.
"Right... So I'm not allowed to be there with my friends?" I frowned and leant back onto Jimmy, I'm bloody roasting! "But for arguments sake and since I'm amazingly brilliant, okay." He smiled at me the bell sounded. Before I could get another word out Jimmy had me on his back and he was sprinting to English, a class that I both loved and hated.
"Good morning Class, as we all know this is last time we meet before Christmas break so, I am going to give you a fun lesson!" Mrs Thomas shouted, pulling in a fucking huge TV on wheels.
“It’s still something with relevance to the curriculum but it is fun nonetheless.” I rolled my eyes from behind my sunglasses and slid down my seat.
“Jolene would you mind taking your sunglasses off, we are inside now.”
“I have a head ache miss.” I shouted, resting my head on the table.
“Hung-over are we miss Williams?” she snickered, stomping loudly towards my desk,
“No actually I am not, I just have an absolute blinder of a headache and had the decency to come into school even when feeling like someone is drilling into the centre of my brain thank you.” I said with a smile as I saw her shoes come into my vision.
“Oh really?” oh boy, I was pissing her off. “Take them off or else you are going to the principal’s office and I will fail you.” I could hear the challenge in her voice and I just didn’t have the strength to argue; so I slid them off my face and dropped my eyes blackened eyes to the etchings carved into the desks.
“Jolene, who did this to you?” Mrs Thomas gasped, placing her wrinkled hand on my shoulder.
“I got into a little fight yesterday, no big deal, it wasn’t on school grounds. I’m fine really.” I said quickly, clenching and unclenching my hands in my lap.
“Do you need to go to the nurse?” she asked, rubbing the fabric of my cardigan.
“No, I’m good.” I flashed a toothy smile and turned to Jimmy. He looked angry, pointing at the small mobile in his hand.

Jimbo-Baggins- wht the hell happened 2 u? xxx
Joely-bean- I got into a fight. Xxx
Jimbo-Baggins- wiv hu? xxx
Joely-bean- no 1, its fine Jim honest xxx
Jimbo-Baggins- if it ever gets 2 far out of hand u no wer I am bbe xxx
Joely-bean- I know string bean <3 u xxx
Jimbo-Baggins- luv u 2 joe xxx

My arms were hurting from all the moving, my back was killing me and I was struggling to breathe right. When will this bloody day end?

---------

It was 4 o’clock and time to go home, well, I had to go to Brian’s house to babysit.
“I’ll see you tomorrow Jim, have a nice practice and tell Zack to focus more on guitar playing rather than his eye liner, if it’s that bad I’m sure someone would say something,” I said into my phone, balancing it on my shoulder as I fumbled for my keys. “Yeah… love you too. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee” I drawled out the ‘e’ sighing loudly as my fingers hit cool metal.
“How are you today Jolene?” I froze as I heard the wolf pack circle.
“I am fine thank you, just about to go home.” I answered my voice cracking towards the end.
“No… you’re gonna have a lovely chat with us first aren’t you? You know, like yesterday?” Tabby snarled pinning me to the side of my car. I gulped and looked around, spotting no one. “What did you think you were doing talking to Brian like that earlier?”
“Erm, I didn’t mean to, I just didn’t want everyone to think that I was bitch.” I said quickly, tensing my face to soften the blow I could feel coming. It never came.
“Oh no Williams, we aren’t going to play that game today… Today it is just chat.” The three of them giggled. Then they walked away, making sure to tug at my dialysis tube. I groaned and pushed it back it, taking the emergency tape from my pocket and tearing a bit off to fasten it down. With a loud sigh I got into my baby and drove off, thankful that I wouldn’t be that sore looking after McKenna. The tape Jimmy gave me when we drove up to Mariposa hummed quietly as I drove through the streets of Huntington. My phone wouldn’t stop buzzing but I’m a responsible driver so I didn’t check. About 5 minutes later I was parked in the Haner’s driveway, next to Snr’s car.
“Good Evening Jolene! Thank you for looking after Kenna on such short notice; we have a lot of things to sort out with this tour coming up.” Suzy laughed as we passed each other on the small garden path.
“Oh, it’s fine. We can’t leave Ken on her own now can we?” I chuckled, pulling off my cardigan and hanging it in the closet. Oh god his air con feels good.
“Jesus Christ! Who the Hell did that to you?” Brian Snr cried rushing up to me and delicately lifting my arm to his face.
“I got into a fight yesterday, I’m fine… really.” I said with a smile, I really was fine now that the painkiller has kicked in.
“Are you sure?” he questioned, placing one of his hands on my shoulder.
“Yes Mr Haner, go otherwise you’re going to be late!” I ushered him out of the door quickly, picking a cooing Kenna from her play crib in the corner, she babbled loudly and tugged on my T-shirt as we sunk onto the sofa. I just sighed loudly and laid my head on the back of the couch, I was really tired.
Around half of an hour later Kenna was snoozing on my chest, I was watching some crappy TV show and life was ultimately neutral. It was 5 o’ clock, nearly time for Dinner… I better start preparing it. I got up and carefully made a barricade for Ken out of rolled up couch throw and set her sleepy little body back onto the sofa cushions. I just stood and looked at her for 5 minutes; boy I wish I could be a Kid again, things were a hell of a lot simpler back then. Her peaceful face just made me want to weep like when a dog dies in a movie… Isn’t it funny how people cry more at animal death then actual living person death…? And I’ve side-tracked again. Like I was saying, I just wanted to cry, she didn’t know what was coming. I sighed loudly to myself and wandered into the kitchen, rustling through the cupboard and finding stuff to make a home favourite of mine that Ken could eat from back in Manchester, particularly my hometown in Lancashire, a kind of stew called Lobby. It was basically made up of Mincemeat, Carrot, Potato and different herbs. Trust me, it’s awesome. I quickly peeled and diced the veg, and added them to a pot of boiling water with the meat. By the time it was done it was quarter to 6. I woke up Kenna and waited for her to wake up properly before spooning it to her piece by piece, she loved it she ate some of mine as well. I put her in her pen and did some light cleaning, washing the Dishes, sweeping and mopping the floors, dusting and wiping down the surfaces. I straightened the comforter on the couch and took Kenna upstairs to bathe her; it was fun, except when she decided to splash the shit out of me. I was soaked, Kenna was clean and laughing her head off. I dried her off and put her in her Feety-PJ’s. I love her to death but making her go to sleep is a bitch, especially when my hair is down.
“NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!” She screamed as I began to walk out of the door.
“C’mon sleepy time!” I said soothing my hand over her forehead.
“No.” I put on her wave machine thing and switched on her my little Pony night light… Her blanket was tucked around her and I did the whole Monsters thing. She was dozing off when I went back downstairs. My T-shirt was saturated and was sticking to my skin… Hey if you look at the right angle it makes my tube look like a boner! Ha, amusing.
“May as well get the spare in the trunk.” I said to myself, wait… I had to change yesterday after my tube came out… Well I’m starting to get cold so I might as well shove it in the dryer; if I take the baby monitor with me it’ll be fine. I walked down to the basement and shrugged off my t-shirt before throwing it into the dryer. I just sat on the floor and waited for my shirt to dry, within 5 minutes it was done. I put it back on and walked upstairs to find that Brian was home.
“Hey…” I said, grabbing my cardigan and putting it on before he could see.
“Hey did you make dinner?” he asked, sliding his phone into his pocket.
“Yeah, there’ some on the stove, it’s stew,” he shot me a smile and walked to the kitchen. A shrill cry came from the baby monitor at my hip.
“Can you get her? I need to do some homework,” he shouted from the kitchen.
“I need to get home,” I replied, jingling my keys for added effect.
“Suzy and Dad asked you to babysit until they got back, I’m going out after dinner.” I really just want to strangle him.
“Okay.” I said through gritted teeth.
“Thanks babe.” I could hear the smirk, bloody Americans. I just ran upstairs and tried to sooth the baby, after about 5 minutes I gave up and brought her downstairs until she would fall asleep.
“Woah dude, it looks like she’s gonna puke!” Brian laughed, I just sighed and kept her still, low and behold she did actually puke, all over my newly dried shirt. I sighed loudly whilst Brian laughed she fell asleep about minute after, I put her in her travel cot and let my head fall into my hand, I stunk of sick, I was aching and I just wanted to sleep for a while but I can’t because the bloody Dialysis machine keeps me up with its bloody buzzing.
“Need a Shirt?”
“Yeah, if you’d be so kind.”
“One condition, you change infront of me.” I groaned loudly and quickly pulled the soaking, stinking shirt from my body.
“Get me the shirt please.” I snarled carefully walking down the stairs back to the laundry room. I stuck the thing, at this point still dripping with sick, in the washer and pressed the button for a quick wash. I turned around to see Brian with one of my Dad’s T-shirts in his hands and his jaw loose.
“Who the fuck did that to you?” he said as I pulled my head through the hole.
“Nobody. I just got into a fight, not that it’s any of your concern.” I answered quickly.
“It is my problem if someone beat you up Jo.”
“Like fuck it is, I’m going home, Kenna likes her Mobile on when she’s feeling poorly and make sure her elephant is in the crib or she won’t sleep.” I took off up the stairs, grabbing my Keys and cardigan, before I could unlock my car door Brian had me over his shoulder and sat me on the couch.
“You’re going to tell me what happened and you’re going to tell me now.” He seethed; his muscles were coming up nicely… All tensed and rippling and UGH not the right time!
“I. got. Into. A. fight,” I kneaded my temples with my fingers, this headache was going to be a blinder.
“I know Jolene. With who?” he started to move forward, I knew his game, trying to corner me in.
“Some girls, there now you know more that Jimmy, feel privileged assbutt.” Assbutt… I like it. He shall be referred to as ‘Assbutt’ for the remainder of time I’m here. I could feel his body head radiating onto my chest.
“Listen, if you need help… just tell me.” He whispered running a calloused hand over my cheekbone. I quickly leaned away from him and crawled off of the sofa.
“I don’t need help and I’d appreciate it if you don’t do that again.”
“Just tell me Goddamnit!” he roared, encircling my bruised wrist.
“Brian you’re hurting me,” I whimpered as red hot waves of pain shot up my arm. He lessened his hold.
“You don’t get bruises like that for nothing alright? Now. Tell me.” His teeth were gritted together and you could tell he was getting frustrated. A cry from Kenna silenced him from saying anything else.
“I’ll take her to bed, then I’m going home.” I warned, poking my finger into his chest.
He simply nodded and followed me upstairs to go to his sodding room, not even offering to help.. Bare faced cheek of him! Assbutt.
“Now little miss Haner, what shall we sing today Hmm? We’ve had a few Metallica songs and we’ve even had a song from The Hobbit! I know… Let’s see if this tickles your fancy.” I cleared my throat and promptly began to sing the few lyrics of the song.
Home is behind…The world ahead. And there are many paths to tread. Through shadow, To the edge of night… Until the stars are all alight. Mist and shadow… Cloud and shade. All shall fade. All shall...fade.” When I looked down she was fast asleep again. I smiled and kissed her forehead before tucking her in and exiting the cosy room.
“I’ve always said that you’re a good singer… What was that song?” JESUS CHRIST ON A FULLY FUNCTIONING BICYCLE!
“Way to scare someone to bloody death you mupet! You don’t go round appearing out the dark like Nosferatu! It’s just not Cricket!” I whisper-shouted, mentally face-palming myself when I realised that they don’t have cricket over here... “And It’s a song from The Lord of the Rings.” I quickly pushed past him and made it to my car before he could get me.
“Bye Assbutt.” I cackled, backing out of the Haner household drive. He just stood there and scowled at my bumper… Rear-view mirrors are a treat. *Buzz Buzz* Jesus Christ I’ve left my baby in here! Please be okay! I said reaching into the console and pulling out my phone… 32 messages! But… all unknown contact, except the one from Mandy… Spooky. I shrugged and put her back into her spot and turned up the Slayer that was filtering from the speakers. I bopped my head along to the infectious guitar and gritty vocals that I loved until I got home… I grabbed my flask and chugged the remaining content before locking my car in the garage and grabbing my stuff from the boot.
“Hey honey! How was baby-sitting?” My dad croaked from the sofa as the kitchen door creaked shut.
“Fine Dad! Kenna spit up on me a little bit though, but no harm done! How are you feeling?”
“Good, finally got round to watching that TV show with that handsome fellow the girls in your class talk about so I can fill you in.” He smiled widely, I love his laugh lines…
“Thanks Dad, I’m gonna go and get some sleep, do you need any help before I go?” I whispered,
he just laughed his gravely laugh and shook his head.
“No darling, your mum will be here soon, go get some rest! Love you Kid.” I hugged him tight and kissed his cheek before jogging up the two flights of stairs and getting changed into my PJs.
The amber liquid sploshed around in the half full bottle next to my nightstand as I bounced on my bed.
“Hello my love” I giggled twisting the cap and taking a refreshing swig. Now to check the texts!
-All good on Mandy’s end… All things are getting sorted for the summer.
Now time to venture into the unknown…
“Go kill yourself.”
“Your Dad hates you.”
“Your Mom wishes you were never born.”
“Brian said you were fat.”
“You deserved everything that Taylor did to you.”
“Kenna wishes you’d get out of her life.”
“You’re an ugly fucking Toad.”
“You’re such a fucking Retard.”
“Your Mom told my Mom that she wanted to abort you.”
“Your Dad’s gonna die soon.”
“Your Mom doesn’t even love you.”
“FREAK.”
“Can’t even read a book? Blame it on your mad child disease.”
The list went on… and on… I smashed my phone against the floor and chugged the remainder of the Booze… then I smashed the bottle near the stairs. It’s true… it’s all fucking true…
♠ ♠ ♠
IT'S BEEN A LONG ASS TIME AND I APOLOGIZE.
-Next Chapter is in the works and I would really appreciate a comment or two!
-Krystal<3