Perfectly Dysfunctional

Twenty six

We chatted as we worked but after about fifteen minutes I launched the back of the phone against the headboard making Nathan have to duck. “I give up,” I huffed out air then laughed a little as I lay back with my head hanging over the bottom end of the bed, keeping my legs crossed.

“Fine then, I’ll give it to Martin later, he fixed my phone last time,” he said as he copied my position beside me.

“Last time?” I queried, the conversation I’d had with Max still clear in my mind. I glanced over at him to see him shrug.

“It happens.” He paused. “You’ve got too much hair,” he commented as he waved some of my hair away from his face. I laughed and decided to drop it; he obviously didn’t want to talk about it.

“Y’know, some people say that about you.”

He gasped in mock horror and upset, “What?!”

“Well if it’s any consolation I like it,” I turned my head to the right and grinned at him and he grinned back.

“Maybe just a little,” he poked his tongue out, “Man, seriously though? God, our fans can be bitchy at times, can’t they?” He laughed.

“Yeah, well, your fans; no one seems to mind the rest of the band dating people or changing their hairstyles or something. I mean, first Cher Lloyd and now your hair. What next?”

“Pah, yeah... Fuck the fans,” he laughed, “No, I’m joking.”

“Not at all, Emma kicked up shit one day on Twitter about it; it was so funny- Fuck, Emma!”

“Well it’s a bit hard for me, I mean, she’s in Glasgow... We’re in Nottingham...”

“Oh shut up; not literally fuck Emma, you know what I meant!” I sat up straight then saw my phone and flopped back staying quiet as I realised my phone was broken beyond repair, “She would have a fit if she heard you just there.”

He laughed, “What, like she would if she got told I was calling her?”

I frowned, “Right, the blood is rushing to your head, sit up. You’re not making sense.” I laughed.

He pulled out his own Blackberry and handed it to me, “Call her,” I took the phone from him, “But if she leaks my number she’s not coming to live in my house.” I thanked him, told him to shut up, and then dialled her number. “Put her on speaker.” He smirked.

“Will I fuck- Hi Emma!” I said as she answered.

Is that you Jenny? Where’ve you been? I’ve been trying to call you! What the Hell happened? You said you’d call me back like, an hour and a half ago!

“No need to put her on speaker,” Nathan smiled and I elbowed him.

“Emma, I’m fine, it’s all good. And my phone’s kinda... broken, right now.”

What did you do to it?” She sounded like she was going to say something but got intrigued by how my phone was broken.

“I threw it against the wall.” I said simply.

Why did you do that? It’s me that does stuff like that, not you,” she laughed, “What happened to you? London’s changing you,” she joked.

“Nope, the people in London are changing me,” I smiled up at the ceiling.

Aw, so any romances in-

“Right you!” I said loudly to drown her out.

Wait, how are you calling me? Whose number is this?

“Nathan’s... And if you leak it you’re not going to live in his house.”

Okay, three things. Why would I leak his number anyways? Why am I living in his house to begin with? And I’m still not talking to him- What happened with that anyway?

I laughed, “I know you wouldn’t leak it,” I turned to face Nathan, “You’re alright,” I turned back to the phone, “Eh, I still haven’t had a chance to tell you about his wee plan yet, I’ll fill you in later. And – trust me – you’ll be talking to him after you hear what’s happened.”

Tell me,” she sounded a little scared, or perhaps nervous. I couldn’t tell.

“I will, hang on. Nath?” He turned back to face me, after pretending he wasn’t listening in. “Listen if you want to, you twat. And I’m sorry,”

He frowned, “What for?”

“Running up your minutes and the cost thereafter,” I grinned at him then settled to tell Emma the whole story.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave comments! :)