Perfectly Dysfunctional

Thirty nine

He leaned in closer to me and his beautiful smile graced his lips. His fingers gently found their way to my hair and then he rested his hand on my neck under my right ear. I had been looking down until this point but glanced up at him as his thumb started to rub against my cheek. I smiled shyly and he rested his forehead against mine. His free hand reached down between us and grabbed my left one, entwining them together. Something inside me gave me a boost of confidence and my free hand slid up his chest to rest on his shoulder. His smile turned into his infamous smirk and it nearly knocked the breath out of me. He untangled our hands as our breathing got shallower and pushed on my hips to force me backwards. I was quick to wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist as we got closer to his bed, and he let a chuckle escape his throat.

“Whoa there, not so fast,” he whispered into my right ear before kissing the skin below it and biting down gently on my earlobe. I groaned in frustration and pulled his face to mine, kissing him hungrily. He dropped us down onto his bed and we scrambled to move closer to the headboard. His hands were running their way up and down my sides – each time getting rougher – as my own hands were trying to force his t-shirt over his head without breaking our heated kiss. Finally I broke the kiss, momentarily gasping for air as his t-shirt was thrown to the other side of the room, and within another few moments, my shirt joined his...

Suddenly things started to get hazy as I moaned, “Nathan!” I rolled over, my arm hitting off the bedside table and suddenly I was wide awake. I gasped and sat bolt-upright with my eyes bugging out of my head. My heart was hammering at a zillion miles an hour and I quickly threw the covers off of me, absolutely relieved to see I was still fully clothed – or in my pyjamas at least.

“You called?”

I yelped out in surprise and fright as I looked to see Nathan leaning against the doorway. He had a look of amusement and confusion on his face as he watched my cheeks flare, “What are you trying to do to me?!” I grabbed at my heart in a stupid attempt to calm it.

“I don’t know; it sounded good though,” he smirked and winked at me before jumping on the bed and straddling my hips, “Good dream?” I glared at him and he laughed, “C’mon, get up, Jay cooked breakfast. Our flight’s at four.” I shook my head to rid myself of the dream I’d just had; I mean what?

“I forgot that was today,” I mumbled as I dragged myself downstairs. The Wanted was flying out to LA this weekend for meetings about their tour, so Michelle and Nareesha were moving in for the weekend and we were planning on having a weekend to ourselves. We would have gone out with them, but Nareesha wasn’t allowed to fly because she was in her third trimester of being pregnant, so the girls stayed behind. To say that the guys were concerned about our ‘safety’ for the three days they’d be gone would be an understatement, but to say we were all okay with it would also be an understatement. We were a little uneasy, but the guys – particularly Siva with Nareesha – had made us all promise to stick together, and keep doors and windows locked and stuff, and not go out alone, and to call them if we got frightened or if anything happened.

After breakfast Jay went to finish his packing and I watched Nathan finish his, “You know you could help me?” he suggested as I lay on his bed.

“I do know, but I’d rather not. I’ll help you unpack it all,” I laughed, “Mainly cos I can’t pack for shit. Emma did it for me when I moved down.”

“Charming,” he smiled despite himself, “So what’re you doing later then?” he asked as he threw a couple of shirts into his bag.

“I’ve to call Nareesha in a couple of hours then we’re gonna go to the cinema before Michelle comes over later; why?”

He shrugged and tossed a pair of Nikes into the bag, “Just wondering.” My eyes narrowed; he wasn’t ‘just wondering’. I sat up and moved his bag behind me just as he was about to throw underwear and socks into it, “Hey!” he called.

“Don’t lie, speak up,” I said and he sighed.

“You’ll think I’m being so unreasonably ridiculous.”

“Try me.”

“I’m just worried...” he started and I nodded. That was understandable. He sat down on his bed beside me.

“It’s only three days though,” I pointed out.

“Yeah, but so much could happen and I’m just freaking out I guess,” he shrugged, “I don’t know, I’m being stupid.”

I smiled at him, “You’re not being stupid; in fact, I feel touched that you care so much about the whole thing,” I handed him his bag back and he pulled himself up from the bed and continued to pack. He smiled a little and grabbed a few more things and threw them towards the bag which now looked like it wasn’t going to close. I smiled slightly and rolled my eyes, “Nathan, I’ll be fine, we’ll all be fine, I promise.” He glanced up at me, “I’ll call you three times a day, okay?” I joked and he smiled some more then threw a couple of pairs of jeans towards the bag but I caught them before they hit it.

He frowned, “Can I ask why...?” he gestured towards the action I’d just made.

“Because Nathan, you’re going away for three days, not three weeks,” I laughed and he chuckled then sat on the bed and huffed, holding his head in his hands. I scrambled over the bag and sat next to him, “Stop stressing. You’re going to have a meeting about your tour and it’ll all be great, so please, please stop stressing.”

“Okay, you’re right, I’m sorry.”

“Good, so, now I’ll help you pack,” I elbowed him lightly in the side, “C’mon,” I gently slapped his leg, “I’ll tell you what to take and you pack it properly.”

“Yes, ma’am,” he saluted me and we got to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE DON'T HURT ME I'M SORRY.