Status: working on it...

Roman.

Ch. 1: Moving In

"God, Cassandra, I still can't believe out of all houses in all places you chose this one to live in."
Roman walked into the kitchen just as his sister was about to open a bag of spaghetti,
"Oh, come on Rome, its not that bad, besides I like it kinda isolated. Makes me feel like I'm in one of those old horror movies with the bad guy just waiting to pop out on ya."
She turned on the stove and put some water in a big pot so that she could continue making dinner.
Roman stifled a laugh and rolled his eyes, "Yeah sure. Let's just hope leatherface stays where he is. Along with Michael, Freddy, Jason, and Chucky." He walked silently over to the refrigerator and pulled out a bottle of water. "Hey, when's mom coming back home?"
She turned back to the cabinet to pull out some spaghetti sauce, ignoring his question.
She and their mother hadn't spoken to each other much, really none of them actually talked much anymore. That is unless Roman wasn't in the room. Things had been different since Cassandra's father went missing.
It had been two weeks since he, his mother and his sister moved into their new house. It was a two story home, not all that big but big enough to give each of them space. Threeo bedrooms, two offices, a common kitchen, and a pretty big den. It was a very nice place. The only problem with it is that it is isolated, very isolated.
The house rests off of the side road, surrounded by trees where the closest homes were more than a walk away.
It would take about fifteen minutes to get into town and twenty minutes for Roman to get to school.
Cassandra, Cassie as Roman calls her, attends the local college while studying Law. She was planning on moving again to a bigger city after she received all of her credentials at Gibsdale University.
Roman was sure that her father would have been proud of her.
The family ran into some altercations in the past and his mother cheated on Marsden, Cassie's father, with Luka St. Clair...that would be how he came about.
Although, he refused to call that man his father.
After he got her pregnant he refused to be apart of Roman's life and she let the man leave.
Anybody who didn't want to be a part of his life, didn't deserve to be there in the first place.
"Cassie, I'm going back upstairs to finish unpacking my things... Call me when dinner's ready?" He exited the kitchen as she continued to stir, "Okay, I'll see ya soon Rome, bye."
Smiling, he walked up the stairs while taking a sip of his water.
On the way to his room he heard a noise coming from the room at the end of the hall.
That room led up to the attic, and he and Cassie hadn't checked in there yet, "Cassie? Have you been up to the attic?"
He heard a few pots clambering around downstairs before he got his response, "No, that place is off limits for right now. We Can check it out together later if that's fine with you."
Roman sighed, "Whatever... You can check it later."
He turned and headed back for his bedroom...