We Are Young.

The Beginning.

“It is 12:30 in the morning here in Falls, NJ and South Side High school is in flames! Someone had called the fire department just as the fire spread towards the back and right of the building. No one knows who set the school on fire. But a witness reported seeing a few, dark skinned teens running out the building just as the fire started. This is Kara Nights with your late night news.”

The camera man zoomed the camera towards the burning building. The fire fighters rushed to take the fire out. But it was too late.

Half the school was in ashes and it would takes months to repair the damages. It was in the middle of October and the students of South Side would have to be transported to another school.

The Principal, an aging, dark skinned man was nearly in tears as he watched the school burn down. It had taken years of hard work, preparation, and determination to get his school to where it was.

And it burned out in just a few, horrid minutes.

Image

The students of South Side High school were far from happy as they stood in front of the giant glass building.

Their principal stood on a podium with a small speaker in front of him. Tears were in his eyes as he stared at his students.

No, not his students. His kids. They worked so hard to get good grades and they basically helped with the schools classrooms.

Four hundred and twelve kids stood in front of him. They all ranged from black to white to Asian to Hispanic.

The teens stared up at their Principal with tears in their eyes also. They worked so hard. They worked their butts off to make Mr.Lacrosse proud of them. They loved him like a Father.

“My beautiful, beautiful kids. I have enjoyed every minute, every second of being your Principal. I loved being there for you kids as you graduated or studied for your exams or danced the night away. I loved cheering for you guys at your games. I loved attending those fundraisers you guys hosted. But time flies. Things happen, things change. Mr. Lobo, the principal of North Side High will now be your Principal. I am no longer your Principal, there is no need for me,” The man sighed. He paused for a few minutes as he struggled to control his voice.

The lump in his throat was now the size of a golf ball.

“You can’t leave us!” A soft cry arose from the multi racial crowed and Mr.Lacrosse immediately recognized the voice.
“I have to Emery dear. Mr. Lobo is the Principal of North Side High and you guys are attending his school,” Mr.Lacrosse blinked away the tears as he stared at Emery’s innocent face.

She was a bright wild fire waiting to be let out. Emery let the tears run down her face as she ran on to the podium and straight to her father like principal.

She hugged his torso tightly and he hugged her back. She pulled away and forced a smile even though the tears were still falling.

“No! You can’t leave us! North Side kids are white and racist! They’ll make our lives miserable!” Another voice spoke up from the crowed and the other muttered in agreement.

“Even the teachers! They won’t give two flying fudges about us.” A dark skinned girl cried out.

Mr.Lacrosse smiled through his tears. Drake, an Hispanic teen, agreed with the girl.

“All of you are like wild fires. You guys are bright, beautiful, and capable and doing just about doing anything. If someone pushes Emery, all of you would hound them. If someone punches Drake, all of you would throw him into the ocean. You guys love each other no matter what grade each of you are in and I love you guys for that. You kids can make it. Just try my children. Just try to get by in this school this year,” Mr.Lacrosse spoke through his tears.

Every single one of the kids cried out in anger and hurt. It was too much to bear. Tears were streaming down many of the teens faces.

“Oh now now! Why are you guys crying!? I ain’t gon’ die!” Mr.Lacrosse laughed, trying to lighten the mood. Some smiled and others cried harder.

“You guys remember our song? The song that we sing every single day of the year?” He smiled as he stared at his audience. “You guys remember it don’t you?”

Everyone rolled their eyes. “We sing it every day.” Someone yelled.

“So why not sing it now!?” The aging man yelled and everyone tried to laugh. “Drake! Mind giving us a beat?”

Drake nodded immediately and whipped out his special drum sticks that he always kept with him. He walked over to the wooden stage and started out the soft beat.

Tears were still pouring down peoples faces, but they started to belt out the song.

“The moon is on our side. I have no reason to run. So someone come and carry me home tonight. The angels have arrived, but I can hear the choir. So someone come and carry my home...” The young teens closed their eyes and the tears kept coming. But they didn’t care.

They sang their song. They sang and sang until their throats were dry. They sang until their big hearts were shattered on the ground. It hurt too much to know that this would be the last time that they would be singing this song with their beloved Principal.

Mr.Lacrosse stared at his kids and wondered how they would go through every day having racial slurs thrown their way.

North Side kids were rich, white, and very territorial. They’ll eat his kids up alive.

“I’ll carry you home tonight.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I only posted this cause of oh...spit :D She and I made a deal that if she updated her story Claimed To Be Broken I'll update this one :D

You should check her AMAZING story out and you should totally comment on it <3 And you should give your opinion on this story :D