Status: In the process of writing

Endlessly

01

“Do you mind if I join you?” a girl asked as she stood in the doorway of the compartment. Each one of the occupants looked surprised to see her standing there.

“No…not at all,” Ginny finally managed to say. The girl then smiled at her kindly and strode into the compartment. Closing the door behind her she sat down in a bit of an ungraceful manner.

The girl had long blonde hair and light blue eyes that could almost pass for grey. Her skin was a light tan from the summer sun and long, slender legs crossed at the ankles from beneath a skirt. She wore a simple sweater on top.

“I’m Nicole,” the girl introduced with a shy and innocent look. She shifted nervously under the occupants’ gazes.

“Ginny Weasley,” she said introducing herself. She leant forward and quickly shook hands with Nicole.

“I’m Luna Lovegood.” Luna peered over the top of her magazine at the girl before returning to reading it upside down.

“Neville Longbottom,” said Neville slightly nervously. He didn’t shake hands with her as Ginny had but kept them tightly clamped around the frog in his lap. Nicole’s attention turned to the last occupant and gave him a questioning look.

“I doubt you don’t know who I am,” he said a bit darkly.

“I do,” Nicole admitted. “I just find it polite for one to introduce themselves when meeting others.” Nicole’s expression remained neutral but the disdain was heard in her voice. “What’s your toad’s name?” she asked turning to Neville.

“Trevor,” Neville responded a bit unnerved at getting attention from a beautiful girl. “He was a present from my grandmother,” he said blushing a bit. He didn’t want the girl to find him lame having a frog. Neville knew they weren’t revered in school today and he was often made fun of by Slytherins for having one.

“More people should be willing to go against the norm,” said the girl with a smile. Neville awkwardly smiled back at her.

“You seem a bit familiar,” Harry remarked looking at the girl curiously. “What year are you in?”

“This is my fifth year,” said Nicole tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. She turned her innocent eyes upon Harry and the smile slowly faded from her face. “I’m in Slytherin.” Nicole bit her lip worriedly at the reaction her statement would cause. It did seem as if the three Gryffindors were surprised to see her before them. The only one that didn’t react was Luna who was absorbed in the magazine.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Are you interested? Comment or subscribe to let me know! It only takes a second