Status: Complete

Our Story

Four

I never knew it was possible for me to be so happy. Today is the twins sixth birthday. They are beautiful and healthy and the most incredible kids in the world. Brendon is helping to set up the picnic in the park for our children as they run around cheerfully in the grass.

The twins look alike but are two very different people. Luca is currently running around chasing butterflies and picking up flowers while Lucy is climbing up trees and trying to skip rocks by the stream. They are both have Brendon’s hair and eyes and they are both equally amazing.

Lucy is a daddy’s girl. She is so much like her father. She is full of energy and happiness, enthusiastic, smart, curious, funny, playful, and caring. She loves to play outside and doesn’t mind getting dirty. She is also in love with dancing.

Luca is a momma’s boy. He is shy, quiet, smart, thoughtful, creative, and sensitive. He likes to sit inside and play piano or sing. He also likes to draw and finger paint. He is always eager to please his parents and eager to help us.

At night when the children are tired out Brendon and I sit with them and read them a bedtime story. We sing lullabies to them and kiss their foreheads then go to our own room. Once we are in our own bed we cuddle and smile at each other, still happily and madly in love. I have the most wonderful life because I have the most wonderful family.

Bella and Shawnee are part of the family too. They arrive at the park and we exchange hugs. Three years ago Bella gave first to their first child, a little boy. A year ago Bella gave birth to second child, a precious baby boy. He is in his little stroller now and I smile at him. His older sister is standing beside the stroller protectively. My own kids run over to see the baby. They talk to him and smile at him excitedly even though I’m sure he doesn’t really understand them.

At first Bella and Shawnee had a bit more trouble getting pregnant than Brendon and I had but now they have a these little miracles. All their hard work and frustration were worth it. “How’s it going Bella?” I ask, gazing at her round belly.

She shrugs. “It’s an adventure.”

“It certainly is,” I nod. “Do you know what you’re having?”

“Another boy,” she confesses.

“That’s great! Do you guys have a name picked out?”

“We’re working on it. We can’t seem to find one that we agree on,” she looks over at Shawnee who laughs in response.

We all sit down at the picnic table and Brendon brings over the cake. There are six candles on it. It’s hard to believe that our twins are six years old now. I am so blessed. I have the best family in the world. I have Bella and Shawnee and their babies. I have an amazing husband and the incredible kids he helped create. Each one of us may not be exactly perfect but all together we are pretty close to it. I now know what everlasting love is and real happiness.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End <3