Definition of Truth

Chapter 20

I sat with everyone at lunch. Well except for the band crew.

"Hey Alice, when we gonna reherse?" I hear Sammy ask ask she walked by my table.

"Tonight at 5:30" I replied.

"So have we come up with a name yet?" Kate asked.

"No. Hey, where's Halley?" I asked. Normally she was here before us... but she was no where to be seen.

"I don't know. Last I saw here was she was walking towards the front office. Something about seeing Gerard for lunch. She might not come." Kate said. I shrugged. Yet again, we were back at the whole kissy kissy, huggy huggy stage of their relationship... the only reason why it had stopped was because I was out of a commision.

I heard someone open the cafeteria doors. I slowly turned around and saw Halley. Though she didn't look too good. We locked eyes and I knew something was wrong. Tears started to form in her eyes. She spun back around and left the cafeteria. I stood up and rushed out of the cafeteria after her.

"Halley! Halley wait up!" I yelled running after her. I knew where she was going. She was going outside behind the school. There was a tree and a wall behind the school and we liked to hang out there. I always went there when I had a problem. I had only shown it to Halley.

I rushed out the back door and slowed down. Halley was sitting by the tree curled up into a ball crying. I could hear her sobs echo around the secret place as well as see her shoulders come up, then down with each sob that escaped her throat.

I slowly walked up to her and sat down. I put my arms around her and waited for her to stop crying. I heard the bell ring, and I heard the shuffle of feet as they went to class. I heard the late bell and the running of feet to their classes. Then I heard silence, except for Halley's sobs.

"Ger..Gerard dumped me..." Halley sobbed out and I was puzzled.

"Why?" I asked puzzled and curious.

"Be-because of-of the bands... the stupi-stupid band stuff... we argu-argued about how our bands were be-better. An-and I tea-teased him... he-he to-took it ser-seriously. And he dum-dumped me!" she stuttered.

"Aww! Halley I am so sorry!" I cried and kept holding her as she sobbed in my arms.

We sat there for a whole hour before she calmed down. My cell phone started to ring so I picked it up.

"yellow?"

"Why do you always say yellow?"

"Hi Frank. And I like to be different. Ya know. I really shouldn't be talking to you." I stated.

"And why not?"

"Cause your buddies with Gerard. Guess who dumped who?" I asked with a hint of frostness in my voice.

"Oh." I waited a beat. Nothing came out from either of us so I hung up.

"You don't have to be mad at him." Halley said, sounding tired, sad and just plain helpless.

"That's what friends are for!" I said and she smiled weakly. "You need to go shopping. Yes. I think a few black things will cheer you up!" I said and her smile grew a little wider.

"Let's go." I hooked my arm around her arm and we walked to the side of the school and walked to the mall just a few blocks away.

"Hey Alice. One question."

"Shoot."

"Why are you doing this? For me? You hardly knew me before, and you and Payton saved my life... and then you took me in as a friend for being me. Not someone else. Then your here for me..." she trailed off.

"Becuase I believe I was supposed to be your friend. And its cool to have you on my team Halley!" I said and she nodded.

"Thank you Alice."

"Theres nothing to thank. I should be thanking you."

"For what?"

"One, getting me out to shop, and two, for letting me be your friend Halley."

"Aww! Hug!" she said and we hugged right there in the middle of the mall. I smiled as we pulled away.

"Come on. I hear there's a sale at Club Beacon." I said and Halley smiled evilly with me.

"Onward." We rushed to the black store to buy some make-up, clothes and to totally forget about boys at the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, there you go Halley. Hope you like this chapter.

There will be a very sad Halley for a few chapters more after they get back from shopping. Hope you guys like it.