The Good Girl

Two

I didn't fall for Daniel Hex immediately. Anyone who would think that would be insane because he was not my cup of tea, I would have to sip at the idea for longer then a minute or two.
The whole process took about a month and a half, but when I fell for someone I fell hard. The best part of my day was cruising passed him clutching my sketch book as he stormed down the hall pretending to hate life. To hate me and my innocent prescence and I was intrigued by that.
The only person I told was my best friend Ally, who somehow had let it slip in front of Dawn.
Before then, Dawn was another prissy face, a nuiscance that I just pretended didn't exist. But when Dawn had something to hate you for, she hated with everything she had.
It was after school one day that the rumor spiked back at me.
"Did you hear that Elle girl likes Daniel?" a girl, freshman was schmoozing the gossip as if it was her own as her and a group of her friends snickered as they passed my locker.
"Daniel Hex?" another girl scoffed, "No way."
It was the first time anyone had ever talked about me and I had encountered they're conversation. It was painful.
The next day Dawn approached me.
"You stay away from him, you mute bitch." were the first words that escaped her snake lips, "I don't give a damn who you are, Daniel Hex has been mine all along and I'm not gonna let some random girl come and take him from me."
I stared at her, bewildered.
"Excuse me?" I had asked, stunned as I fixed the strap of my bag. I had to act and lie, and thank God I had my practice, "Whose Daniel Hex? And who are you?"
I knew who she was. I had to play stupid to save myself.
"You know damned well who he is and who I am. Well get it through your thick good girl skull, that boy is mine and if you try and take him from me I'll cut you."
The line was cheesy, overused. Hell, I almost toppled over laughing. That was what I got from going to a public school.
I creased my eyebrows together, "Are you from my History class last year? I'm sorry, I just don't remember who you are."
That line didn't help me get on her good side either.
She just stormed away, pissed as hell and I was sure for a moment that maybe Daniel and her would make a lovely couple. Angry all the time seemed like a main connection going for them.
But then I realized I sort of wanted Daniel Hex for myself.