If We Can't Break The Silence, How Can We Survive?

Scream 'Til There's Silence

I was in the kitchen helping Liz's mom prepare dinner when I heard Liz storm in the room having a fit with her dad.

“Oh my God dad, I can’t believe were actually keeping that freak here! Can’t you just take it back?”

It? Did she have any kind of respect for anyone? No wait, of course she didn't.

The Johnsons were keeping me in until they heard news from the adoption agency saying that I’d stay with them permanently. Looking at Liz and her dad arguing, I’m assuming that they got their confirmation in saying that they would officially keep me.

“Elizabeth you need to respect the beings living in this house”, her dad said in reply.

“Why, what does it matter? It’s not like he can hear or anything.”

“He can read lips, Liz. And I don’t care if he can’t hear, I don’t want to hear any nasty comments coming from you towards this poor boy.” Mrs. Johnson said.

“Exactly. And how bad could it be? Didn’t you two used to be friends back then Elizabeth?”

Before my mom had died, my parents had brought me over here a lot. I don't really remember ever coming here, but I have seen a few pictures of me and Liz when we were tiny. Since my mom died, we stopped coming over for obvious reasons.

“Ugh dad that was like, forever ago! I don't even remember being friends with him. And stop calling me Elizabeth! How many times do I have to tell you it’s Liz! But that’s not the point."

“Eliz – Liz can u please stop being selfish for once and feel some kind of sympathy towards Frank? He’s lost both of his parents and doesn’t have anyone. Just ignore him like he ignores you and everything will be fine. He’s part of the family now, so we’re gonna treat him like it.” Liz’s dad was raising his voice all the while talking.

“Okay dad I understand but, why do we have to be responsible for him? He’s none of our business and just – "

“His parents have been our good friends since before either of ya’ll were born and we are the only ones that are close enough to Frank and therefore, he’s staying with us. And besides, we don’t mind having Frank at all so, you’re just gonna have to deal alright?”

“But couldn’t another fam – ”

“Enough Elizabeth!” her dad cut her off. And thank God ‘cause I didn’t think she’d ever shut the fuck up.

“This conversation is over. I don’t wanna hear anymore complaints from you,
understand?”

“Ugh, fine! I'll just be up in my room. And I’m not hungry either so don’t even bother calling me down for dinner,” Liz cried before trudging up the stairs.

Once I heard the door slam, I turned and looked over at Liz’s mom.

“Don’t worry about her, everything will be fine.” I flashed her a tiny smile.

Later on during dinner, the Johnsons explained everything to me about the agency and me staying here permanently and what-not.

After that, I went upstairs to take a shower and soon went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Scream by Avenged Sevenfold