If We Can't Break The Silence, How Can We Survive?

We May Last For A While, But We'll Go Out Of Style

It was around two in the morning when I woke up to the sound of something hitting my wall. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up in bed, seeing that the light was on from under my door.

I sat there for a while, waiting to see if I would hear it again.

I heard whispers coming from Liz’s room, which I found weird ‘cause I thought she was sneaking out tonight. I guess she had gotten caught or something.

I got out of bed and went in to the hallway to turn the light off.

While I was walking towards the switch passed Liz’s room, I noticed her door was slightly opened. And I could’ve sworn I heard something that sounded like a moan.

I stopped in my tracks as I was a little curious. I turned around to check what was going on.

I made my way in very slowly, just enough to see inside her room, but not to where she could see me.

What I saw was kind of disturbing. I don’t know who it was, but a guy was on top of her and they were obviously having sex. I was trying really hard to make out who it was. I know, I know. It was pretty weird and pervey of me to watch Liz have sex, but I was completely curious to find out who the poor bastard was. I was coming up with possibilities of who it could have been. But the guy didn’t really look like he was young. You could tell by his skin and the shape of his body. He probably didn’t even go to our school. In a weird way it kind of...looked like her...no, no that was ridiculous. It couldn't have been her-

“Ungh, fuck me harder daddy…”

I stood there frozen on the spot, my mouth gaped opened and my eyes wide.

As much as I knew this was really happening, I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t want to. I was mortified, trying to comprehend just exactly what I was seeing.

But after a short while, when I felt I could finally move, I quickly and quietly made my way out of there and back into my room.

I laid in my bed as I tried to get the revolting images out of my head. It made me squirm and it was hard for me to go back to sleep. How could they? Her father..his daughter...flesh and blood...I wanted to cry for several reasons. I really wish I hadn't seen anything. Curiosity really did kill the cat and now I hate myself for it. Eventually I fell asleep with disturbing images being the last thing on my mind.

I woke up to Liz yelling and rocking my body back and forth.

“Wake the fuck up! You missed the goddamn bus so now I have to take you to school! Hurry we're gonna be late, shit!"

I looked at the alarm clock and saw that I had only ten minutes to get ready. So I only did the basics. I changed into a plain white shirt and faded blue jeans. I brushed my teeth, put my shoes on, and threw on a black beanie cap on my head, turning it to the side.

We both made our way down the long path, and into the driveway where Liz’s car was parked. We got inside and pulled out, driving to school. I was sitting really close to the door, looking outside the window. I had never been alone with Liz like this before, so this moment right now was very awkward.

And then I remembered what I had seen last night. I really wish I hadn’t. I don’t even think I could look at her or her dad the same. I felt so bad for her. But then again, it sounded and looked like she was actually enjoying it. Did she? Or was she being forced by her dad? Maybe that’s why Liz was so fucked up and such a bitch. Maybe her life wasn’t as perfect as I thought it was. Whether she enjoyed it or not, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for her. I didn’t care how mean she was towards me. She didn’t deserve to go through that.

Liz then cleared her throat but I stayed looking out the window.

“So Frank, I umm…ugh…I really wish I could talk to you but…it’s really difficult when you can’t hear, or even talk back to me. But it's not like you would understand me. You have a perfect life…and I don’t think you’ve ever been through what I’m going through right now. You probably wouldn’t want to hear me anyways if you could. I know I’m such a bitch and all but…I just have my reasons. I'm really sorry.”

Liz’s voice went low as she finished up her apology. She said I had a perfect life. Hah, perfect? Was she retarded? Did she not know that I have lost both my parents and watched one of them die? And that I have no one in this world that cares about me? She had no idea what perfect was, and it kind of made me mad to hear her say that. I mean yeah I wasn’t going through the same things she was, but that still didn’t mean that my life was perfect. But then she said she was sorry. At least I knew that she didn’t completely hate me.

We then parked in the parking lot, and she turned off the car. We both didn’t get out right away. We just sat there for a few seconds. I turned my head and looked at her for a while until she turned and looked at me too. She had a blank expression on her face before she smiled at me. I smiled back at her awkwardly, pretending to be confused. She chuckled and rolled her eyes, saying “let’s go.” We both got out of the car and walked in to the school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Razor by New Year's Day