Status: will update as soon as i can be bothered ;P

Learning To Walk Again

Chapter 1

"Shae, please get your brother up for school. he'll be late, otherwise."
i nodded.
"yes, father."
i walked into my little brother's room and found him sleeping on the window seat. i smiled. Alex was the sweetest kid on the face of the earth. i gently shook his shoulder.
"Alex? Lex, it's time to wake up. do you want to be late for school?" Alex's eyes fluttered open, and he looked at me.
"Shae?" i laughed.
"hey, no disney moments! now come on sleeping beauty, prince charming awaits you." Alex's eyes lit up.
"Luke's here?" i laughed again. he was so adorable.
"at school. now hurry up. we're gonna be late!"

"Shae! Shae, over here!" Carmen called me over, waving frantically. i laughed as i sat down with my best friend. i noticed that Alex was missing. i looked at Luke.
"hey, Lukie, where's Lex?" Luke shrugged, a worried look on his face.
"i don't know. he said he was going to the bathroom." i nodded.
"don't worry. he'll be back soon."

when Alex didn't turn up to lunch, i went searching.
i looked in the bathroom, and heard sobbing coming from one of the stalls. i paniced when i saw blood trickling out from under the door. the blood was slowly turning blue. the color of vampire blood. that was the thing about half vampires. they bleed red, but it turns blue when humans ar'nt are not around. i knocked on the door.
"Alex, are you okay?" no answer.
"Alex open the door." i said firmly. a few seconds later, i heard the lock click, and i burst inside to see Alex beaten up and covered in blue blood. i gently caressed his face, making him wince. he tried to smile.
"it's not that bad. i'm already healing."
he was. the wounds closed up, barely leaving a scar. i shook my head.
"it's not that bad? Alex you were beaten to a bloody pulp! who did this to you?"
Alex shook his head.
"it doesn't matter." i groaned.
"i swear Alex, if you don't tell me right now-"
"you'll what? leave? like mum?" i flinched.
"Alex, i'm trying to look after you-"
"well i don't need looking after!" he yelled, looking at me with fury.
"Shae, when are you going to admit that you're not mum?"
he got up and left the bathroom, leaving me kneeling in my brother's freezing blue blood, i waved a hand, and the blood disappeared. i sighed, wishing i could just bring mum back, so everything could go back to the way it was.
i got up and left the school, heading to the cemetary, where i planned to stay with mum until i was alright to go home.
♠ ♠ ♠
i remembered what i was going to say last time!
*clears throat*
please rate, comment and subscribe!

Ryan will be in the next chapter. i didn't want to bring him in too soon.

Loves, Haley-Shae