A Daydream Away

-IV-

"Claire Lahey, get the fuck up! We have a lot of shit to do before tonight!"
I groaned and pulled my blanket over my head.
"Five more minutes..."
She growled and the next thing I knew, it grew silent. Someone then suddenly pounced on me.
"Ack! Ok alright I'm up now get off of me Faith."
She giggled. "That's what I thought. Now hurry and get ready, we leave in a bit."
I gave her a slight nod as I got out of bed. I searched through my duffle bag and picked out one of the three outfits I had packed. I then headed to Faith's bathroom and took a quick shower. About forty-five minutes later, Faith and I went off to the salon to get our hair done. Making an appointment for just our hair was a bit pointless of me. I didn't like going all out for something that was only gonna last for one night. I debated with Faith about this but sadly she won that battle.
As we walked into the salon, a little bell rang
signaling all the stylists that they had customers. One of the stylists was a family friend of Faith's. He walked over to us and gave us each a hug.
"Well hello there my darlings."
"Hi Alejandro." We giggled.
"How may I help you both today?"
"Well we have a dance tonight so we were
wondering if you could do our hair. What do you say?" Faith asked.
"Oh my gosh, absolutely! Let's doll you beauties up."
Alejandro spent about forty-five minutes on us both. We finally left and headed back to Faith's house to chill for a bit before the dance. Just as we were about to start watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, my phone began going off. I looked at who it was and groaned at the sight of his name.
"Who is it?" Faith asked as she sat down beside me with a tub of popcorn in hand.
"My brother."
"Ew, gross. Don't answer him."
"I have to or else he won't leave me alone."
She shook her head and rolled her eyes while popping a kernel in her mouth. I sighed and answered.
"Whhat is it Ri?"
"Don't forget that you're still going to that dance tonight with Zack."
"Clearly you forgot that I'm going with Faith..."
"I already told you that what I said was final. You're not going with Faith."
"I'm going with my best friend whether you like it or not Robert. You don't control my life. You need to get your head out of your ass!"
With that said, I hung up and sighed deeply. I
looked at Faith and noticed that her jaw was on the ground.
"What?"
She closed her mouth and tackled me into a giant bear hug. "I'm so proud of you! You tell that bitch who's boss!"
I giggled and hugged her back. "Alright already. Just so you know, it'd be for the best if we avoid Rian at the dance. Knowing him, he's full blown pissed right now."
Faith released me and nodded. "Don't worry. I
won't let that dumbass touch a hair on your pretty little head. Now let's get ready best friend!"
I nodded and followed her upstairs to her room. We quickly got into our dresses and did our makeup. About a half hour later, we were off to the dance. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared of Rian right now. He doesn't have the best of tempers. Who knows what kinda scene he'll cause to look all high and mighty in front of the entire student body.
"We're here!"
I looked out the window of Faith's car and noticed tons of cars and kids out in the parking lot. Music could also be heard from inside the academy. Thankfully it didn't take long for us to find a parking spot. Just as Faith turned off her car, we both stepped out and put on our masks.
"We look bitchin!"
I couldn't help but laugh at my best friend as she striked a pose. "We do look pretty awesome."
"Right? Now let's head in and own."
With that said, we linked arms and walked inside. The place looked unbelieveably amazing. The old victorian feel and deorations were absolutely beautiful.
"Damn, Delaney goes all out."
Faith nodded. "No doubt about that."
As we walked deeper into the school, I overheard someone calling my name.
"Claire!"
I looked over and saw none other than Lisa Ruocco walking up to me and Faith. Her dress was well very slutty but it's kinda expected of her.
"Oh um hi Lisa."
She smiled and gave me a hug. "Hey there doll. You look absolutely stunning. I hardly even recognized you."
I could totally hear the fakeness in her voice but decided not to call her out on it so I just played along. "Thanks, you look amazing yourself."
"Why thank you so much. Well hey I'll see you
around alright?"
I nodded as she gaave me one last hug and walked away.
"Could she be anymore fake?"
I shrugged. "Who cares. I'm just glad she's gone."
"Same here. Shall we dance?"
"Let's!" I smiled and followed her to the dance
floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Masks:
Claire

Outfits:
Claire
Faith
Lisa

Sorry it took me forever to update but I just recently got a job and that's been taking up most of my time.
I'll try to update more often, I promise.
Please leave comments<3