‹ Prequel: "One of the Guys"
Status: Finished(Comment anyways) ;3

Listen to Your Heart

Chapter 20

“Okay and you are free to go.” The doctor said in a cheerful manner, tucking the clip board under her toned arms.

I got up from the chair and offered her a warm smile. I wasn’t sure whether I was happy to leave or not. Knowing when I get home nothing—and I mean nothing will be the same.

“Thanks Doc, hopefully I’ll see you again—but not here in the hospital.”

She laughed and nodded. “Yeah I hope so, enjoy the rest of your day Ms. Brock.”

Grabbing my duffel bag from the ground, I walked out into the hall towards the exit doors. Waving good-bye to everyone, I headed to the parking garage.

Pulling my iphone out of my pocket, I dialed Kennedy’s number.

“Hello?”

“Hey Kenny, it’s me. Where are you?”

There was a long pause before he answered. “Um, I’m with Angela why?”

I rolled my eyes and took a seat on the curb. “Well, you were supposed to pick me up today.”

“Oh god I’m so sorry Annie…” He started to trail off apologizing and making up all sorts of excuses.

“It’s okay Kenny,” I sighed. “I’ll just take a cab home.”

“No! Just wait I’ll come and get you.” He practically screamed at me. I could hear objects being thrown around the room, hitting the floor with a ‘thud’

“No it’s really fine Kenny; I’ll survive taking a cab.” I reassured him. “See ya, and tell Angela I said ‘hi’.”

I hung up and looked around the vacant parking lot. Leaning back against the concrete wall, I closed my eyes and relaxed my body. This was already a bad start to the day.

That’s when I heard a loud honk come from the other side of the parking lot. I opened my eyes and look around. I saw a large red truck pull up next to the curb.

The window opened and I saw Jared in the driver’s seat with his Ray-bans on; attempting to look slick.

“So, how much do you charge?” He asked removing his sun glasses.

I let out a laugh and shook me head. “Way more than you could ever have in a life time.”

“Ouch, no need for the rudeness at,” He looked down at his watch, “Eight in the morning.”

“Yeah, yeah, what are you doing here anyways?” I asked getting up to my feet, straightening my pants.

“Oh you know, just picking up some random girls off the streets—if you know what I mean.” He said with a wink.

I made a disgusted face, sticking my tongue out at him. “I don’t think Tessa would be too thrilled about that.”

He let out a low chuckle. “Yeah me too, but I’m here to pick you up.”

He got out of the truck and went over to the passenger side. Taking my duffel bag he opened the door and threw the bag into the back seat. Pushing the seat upwards he waited. “You gonna get in or have me carry you in?”

I rolled my eyes and got in the passenger seat. “How did you know Kennedy wasn’t going to pick me up?” I asked fastening my seat belt.

He placed his Ray-bans back on and fastened his own seat belt. “Well for one, it’s Kennedy. And two he’s with Angela, and three he has a memory a size of a peanut.”

I nodded and looked out the window as her drove out into the main road. I looked out at the cars as they passed by, seeing different colors pass my eyes.

I began to space out when Jared caught my attention.

“Earth to Annie, are you still with me?”

I snapped back to reality and look at me. “What?”

He shook his head and stuck his arm out the window. “I was asking…if you wanted to go anywhere. Ice cream, coffee, In-And-Out, any food place in general.”

I shook my head and looked out the window. “No thanks, I think I’m just going to go home and take a nap.”

“You’re going to go home and take a nap…” I nodded my head. “After being in a coma for god knows how many days?”

I nodded my head again. “A girl needs her beauty sleep ya know. And getting some sleep won’t hurt; I’m exhausted.”
“Okay, suit yourself. Go home and sleep instead of spending a beautiful day with the one and only Jared Monaco.” He sang the last part of his sentence, twirling his hands in the air.

“I think I’ll take a rein check, but thank for the offer.”

&&&&&

20mins later

“Thanks for the ride Jare, you sure you don’t wanna come in?” I asked getting out of the car with my duffel bag in hand.

He tapped his chin lighting, over thinking the idea of coming in. “Well… I guess it wont hurt, and plus you’ve got food!”

I scoffed and walked into the house, dropping my bag to the ground I ran up the stairs into my room.

Collapsing onto the bed, I buried my face into the pillow.

“Hey Annie,” I looked up and saw Declan sitting on my desk.

What the fuck I instantly thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tooodaloo, short chapter but it's only half of it. I'm going to try to update again tonight, if not for sure tomorrow afternoon. :) So what do you think about Declan showing up?

Comments and subscribers are certainly welcome!

Thank you to: Star Angel and RebeccaT

<3 Andrea

P.S I hate the new Mibba, fuckkkk you! Byee

Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=49892970