‹ Prequel: "One of the Guys"
Status: Finished(Comment anyways) ;3

Listen to Your Heart

Chapter 23

*John’s P.O.V*

“Wakey wakey my sleeping beauty,” I heard Annie’s voice calls from beside me. I grumbled and shoved my head deeper into the pillow causing her to giggle. “Come on I want to go out for breakfast!”

Groaning I waved my hands in the air trying to dismiss her. I was hung-over, cranky, and beyond exhausted. The last thing I wanted was to wake up and deal with a hormonal pregnant woman.

“Shush!”

I could tell she was rolling her eyes with her hands on her hips, giving me a dirty look. Don’t all women look like that when they’re annoyed?

“Get your lazy ass up John Oh!” Her voice changed from sweet and angelic, to bitter and feisty.

I raised my head and simply said, “No.”

She raised her eyebrows at me and gave me a sharp glare that could make any person piss their pants.

“Fine, I’ll just have breakfast with Nick.” She turned around and flipped her hair before exiting the room.

Wait who was Nick? Shit.

“Wait! Who the hell is Nick!?!” I asked jumping out of the bed. She didn’t respond so I ran after her into the kitchen.

“Babe, who the hell is Nick and why are you having breakfast with him?”

She smirked from the kitchen counter and took a bite of toast. “Cause my boyfriend is a lazy ass and won’t go with me.”

“But why can’t you go with—oh I don’t know Rachel or Kelsey?”

She shook her head innocently and jumped off the counter. Scared me half to death thinking she was gonna fall, damn her.

“Oh what’s wrong Johnny Boy, jealous?” I bit my lip and stared at her.

“No!” I said defensively. “I have nothing to be jealous of, for all I know he can be some scum bag with no career, looking like a total tool.”

“Well—“

“Wow, thanks man. Nice to know that you think that of me, for your information…being the lead singer of an oh so famous band isn’t such a bad career.” I turned around to become face to face to no other than the fake ginger himself.

“Santino!” I cheered, bringing him into a hug. “It’s been a while bro!”

“See John, not so much competition now is there?” Annie asked patting my back. My face flushed with embarrassment, I couldn’t believe I was jealous…of Nick.

Nick’s face turned and narrowed his eyes at her. “Whoa now, watch it. I think there’s a damn good chance of competition.”

I laughed and gave her a devilish grin, “I don’t think so man, I already knocked her up as you can see.”

Her mouth gaped open and she threw a banana at me. She went over to Nick and started pouting making me laugh even harder.

“Nick! He’s being mean!” She cried, Nick chuckled and hugged her.

“Now, now. No fret, Nick is here and will kick his ass for you!” She smiled and stuck her tongue out at me.

What are we, five again?

“Whoa, unleash my pregnant girlfriend bro, she’s mine.” I walked over and grabbed her from his gasp, she wasn’t too cooperative, because she started to squeal.

“I don’t think she’s too fond of you right now.” Nick smirked stating the obvious.

“Oh come here, I’m sorry baby. Promise I won’t say anything like that again, that was uncool of me.” Her bottom lips jetted out making me feel even guiltier. “Come on, I said I was sorry!”

She shook her head and crossed her arms across her growing belly.

“What more do you want?”

Nick shook his head and took a seat on the stool. “Bad idea bro, she’s gonna manipulate you.”

My face scrunched up all confused, manipulate me?

She turned around and threw a banana at Nick, who the hell was giving her all these bananas!?!

“You’ll see later.” She smirked and kissed me on the cheek before walking up stairs.

I took a seat next to Nick resting my head on the cool marble counter top. “What do you think she has in mind?”

“I don’t know she is Annie after all. She could do anything and everything she wants.

Shit.

*That afternoon*

“Motherfucking Jesus!” I stammered. The room was filled with little kids running and jumping around the room. One of them was drawing on the damn walls! The fucking walls!

I turned to Garrett and he looked like he’s been punched in the gut. “Who—what—Rachel!!!”

“Yes baby?” She asked innocently. She and Annie were up to something, and that something was not good.

“Boys, say hello to reality.” Annie announced setting a baby down into a high chair. “You said you wanted a dozen kids? Well here are a dozen kids, if you survive this day with no problems…well we’ll see what happens after that.”

“I don’t get it.” Garrett said bluntly looking down at the kid biting his shoe lace.

Rachel slapped him on the head and groaned. “Take care of these kids for the day and see what you’ll be going through!”

“Wait, what no! Our kids are still babies!” Garrett argued nudging the kid with his foot.

Rachel rolled her eyes and rocked Emma on her hip. “They’re not gonna stay babies forever. They’ll grow up and one day have a family of their own.”

“Hell, if I’m still alive,” Grumbled Garrett.

“You guys don’t even know the best part yet.” Annie said with a smirk holding a bag behind her back. I bit my lip trying to imagine what she could possibly add to this. “You might wanna sit down for this too.”

Garrett and I took a seat across from Annie and Rachel praying to god it’s not something that would throw us though a loop.

Hell was I wrong, Annie pulled a…I don’t even know what to call it. One of those fake pregnant bellies you’d see in the movies.

“What the—Rachel!” Garrett groaned in frustration.

The thought finally clicked into my head. “Oh no, oh hell no!” I started to back away into the wall.

“Oh come on, it’s not that bad. You guys are always complaining that’s it’s a piece of cake to carry a baby well, here ya go!” Annie said patting her stomach. “Also babe, this is how I plan on forgiving you, take care of these kids and wear these than you’re forgiven.”

“Damn you…”

She smirked and threw the belly thing at me. “Oh you love me, sweetie.”

“This is fucked up, you know that right?” Garrett said eyeing Rachel.

“So is shoving two football like things out of your vagina, but you didn’t see me complaining.” Rachel said bluntly, passing Emma to Garrett.

“But you—“Rachel turned and gave him one of her glared that meant, ‘shut the fuck up before I rip you’re balls off.’
Garrett immediately shut up and started to bounce Emma.

“Damn Rach, I gotta learn that glare of yours. Maybe it would come in handy for John.” Annie said in a teasing manner.

I started to pout and she rolled her eyes. It seemed to be our little game to pout and the other has to make it up to the other person.

“Awe, what’s wrong poor baby Johnny hurt?” She asked petting my head. I nodded and rested my head on her belly. “Well sorry, babe. I’ll make it up to you…somehow.”

My face lightened up and I felt like it was Christmas all over again. “Make it up as in…”

She scoffed and lifted her bag from the ground resting it onto her shoulders. “Yeah right…didn’t you get enough; you knocked me up, didn’t you!”

I signed and shook my head. “So? I’m still a guy. We have needs you know.”

“I’m a woman, and we have needs too! Oh, I think Starbucks and a nice pedicure it calling my name. Do you hear that Rach?”
“Hell yeah I do, that’s book it!” Rachel ran out of the door without another word.

Women these days

“Wait!” Garrett yelled.

“You’re leaving us to do this by ourselves?” I asked astonished.

Annie nodded and kissed my cheek. “Yes babe, you by your manly self.”

“But we’re not capable of doing this!” I whined grabbing onto her arm.

“You’ll be fine, you’ve got Garrett!” She reassured me, sure that me feel [i[so much better. “Love you babe, see you…I don’t know later.” She pecked my lips and walked out of the door. She made sure to yell back. “Make sure you keep those things on you, and John…you know how to dial 911, right.”

“So, what do we do now?” I asked, still a little dazed.

Garrett got up and placed Emma on the floor letting her crawl around. “Well, Rach left me this list.” He handed me a list of everything that needed to be done.

Shit.

“Okay, um we’re supposed to feed these little rascals.” I read, the list was long, and when I mean long I meant it’s like a fucking roll of toilet paper.

Garrett nodded and looked around the room. Kids were running around everywhere yelling god knows what. He was already overwhelmed and he had the whole night to look up to.

“Dude, I don’t think I can do this. My migraine already turned into a major headache” Garrett whined rubbing the sides of his head.

“We could call for backup.” I suggested pulling out my phone.

“Back up as in…”

“Pat!” We yelled in unison.

I dialed Pat’s number and waited.

Hello?

“Hey Pat, could you come over?”

Yeah sure, why though?

“I’ll explain when you get here.”

Alright, see ya in ten.

“Thanks bro.”

I hung up and threw my phone onto the coffee table; this was going to be a long night.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
10 minutes later.

“What the—“ Pat came over to witness chaos. “What is going on here?”

“Annie and Rach thought it’d be funny to teach us a lesson.” Garrett informed Pat.

“Hah, damn. You guys are whipped!” He exclaimed.

“Yeah whatever, could you just help us?” I asked trying to pry this kid off of my leg. What did I look like, a monkey bar?

Pat sighed and took off his jacket. “What do you want me to do?”

“Feed them,” Garrett said handing him a jar of baby food. “The older ones I can handle, Top Ramen cures everything!”

“I’ll help Pat then.” I said getting up from the couch; it can’t be that hard right?

I grabbed the four babies including Emma and Kayden, and placed them into the high chair. From the box we were left I picked four nasty looking baby food jars and placed it in front of them.

“You with the curly gold-ish hair, I’m a call you Sherlock. You get—uh…lima bean. And for you my little ginger you get…turkey and gravy. Wait, it this supposed to be this grayi-sh poop looking color?”

“I don’t think it’s supposed to…” Pat answered wiping spit stain off his shirt.

I shrugged and gave it to him anyways. “As for you Emma, you get tropical fruit while you my man Kayden get…this yellow thing.” I handed them each a spoon and watched them stare.

“Oh come on it can’t be that bad.”

Garrett came over and picked up, spooning some of the yellow content and smelling it. His face scrunched up and he made a weird gaging noise.

“John,” I looked up and he stared at me intently, “Open.”

My eyes popped out as he did the little flying airplane thing towards my mouth.

“G-Garrett I don’t think this is such a—“ The spoon flew into my mouth causing me to gag. The taste of unbearable, making my eyes water… a lot.

“Mother—“ I ran to the sink and started scrubbing my tongue with a spoon. That shit was nasty, now I know why babies don’t eat that stuff.

Garrett shrugged and started to spoon little by little the content to Sherlock. “See it ain’t that bad, John’s just being a pussy.”
I rolled my eyes took a chug of beer, much better. “That’s it,” I walked over to the fridge and pulled out 4 packages of pudding. “Dinner is served.”

“Dude what’s that smell?” Pat asked scrunching up his nose. There was a horribly stench roaming around the room making me want to throw up.

“I don’t know man, it seems to be coming from over there.” Garrett pointed to the little ginger kid.

I walked over and picked him up from the ground, a strong smell of shit hit my face. “Oh yeah, it’s him alight.” I stretched out my arms and walked back to the guys. “Think he needs a diaper change.”

Both Garrett and I yelled, “Not it!”

Pat crossed his arms against his chest and pouted. “Oh, that’s not fair!”

“Life’s not fair, now go change the kid before the stink roams the house.” Garrett demanded. He hoisted his legs onto the coffee table and flipped on the TV.

I held back a laugh and finished cleaning the throw-up off the carpet. Who knew kids could make such a god damn awful mess.

Pat got up from the couch and picked up the baby and walked to the bathroom. Five seconds later we heard a loud scream come from the bathroom. Not so long afterwards, Pat came running out.

“Whoa, what did you do fall into the tub?” Garrett asked laughing his ass off.

Pat shook his head and pointed to the bathroom.

It clicked to me what happened, “Oh no.”

“Oh yes,” Pat said annoyed. “The kids peed on me, it was like a motherfucking sprinkler! I swear it could have been sea world all over again!”

Garrett and I both looked at each other and burst out laughing. Poor Pat and his shitty luck, thank goodness it wasn’t me.

“You two,” He pointed to Garrett trying to sound like and old man, “Will be the death of me.”

He tossed his hair back like a diva he is and strutted back to the bathroom.

“So,” Garrett started throwing the remote into the air and catching it. “What do we do now?”

I shrugged and took a sip of beer, “We could watch a movie and hope that they pass out.”

He nodded and walked over to the rack of all the movies I owned, he pulled one out with a devilish grin.

“I think…we should watch…Paranormal Activity 3.” He declared, waving the DVD in the air.

“Dude, you’re gonna scare them shit less, and I don’t think Pat wants to clean anymore pee.”

He stuck his tongue out at me and went back to finding a movie, “How about, Land of the Dead?”

“I would think you’d know by the name that it isn’t appropriate for little kids to watch.” I stated dumbly.

He flipped me off and pulled out another DVD. “Fine then, we’re gonna watch American Pie and that’s final.”

I almost regurgitated my beer hearing this, “You want them to Watch American Pie!?!”

“I swear I didn’t stutter.” He said placing the disc in the DVD player. “Now got make yourself useful and make us some popcorn.”

Bitch

“Whatever bro, if Annie and Rach come back all pissed off you can’t blame me.”

“They can’t get pissed off about something that they don’t know about.” He said as I walked to the kitchen. What did I do to deserve this?

After an hour and a half of the movie it ended and most of the kids were already passes out along with Pat. There was one kid who was awake though, he looked to be around seven or eight. He kept watching me from the corner of his eyes. I finally called him out about it, creep.

“What’s up kids, you keep looking at me weird.” I asked him, shutting off the TV.

He looked from me over to Garrett then back to me. “Where do babies come from?”

Fuck.

.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a long time. I so so so so sorry! I don't have an excuse besides the fact that I'm a lazy ass :/ Hopefully updates will me more frequent once I get back from Hawaii which would be next Wednesday. I just want to let you guys know that I'm gonna try to wrap up this story soon. This chapter might be the last no drama chapter, I don't know yet...probably though. I'm still a little incisiveness at the moment, Thank you so much for sticking around and tolerating with my laziness. Hopefully no more fillers either. Sorry again! :3

Annie: http://www.polyvore.com/annie_chapter_23/set?id=53412592

P.S Check out my new story ft, John Oh and Joel Kanitz!!!!!!! It's called "Life Like This"

Comment and Subscribe??? :3 Thank you to: alexaddiction

<3Andreaaaaa