The Bucket List

Mr Brightside.

The two girl’s Grace has met at Kennedy’s seem nice enough. Faith was sweet and gentle not a mean bone in her body and Piper was basically just like Garrett except she was a girl.

Though it was a bit strange at first Grace had gotten used to the girls in the same way she had to Pat and the rest of the band, they were unique and special making her smile in their own little ways.

Grace stepped out of her room, turning off her light as she headed downstairs pulling a bowl out of the cupboard before filling it up with cheerio’s and milk, making herself and easy late dinner.

She smiled down at the ball, heaping the spoon full of the golden o’s moving the spoon slowly to her mouth careful not to spill any before her phone rang, causing her to jump and spill her cereal all over the work top.

“Hello?” She grumbled, beginning to clean away her bowl, a small frown placed on her face.

“Hey Hoe! Get your ass outside now it’s party time!” Piper shrieked down the phone, Grace wincing as she pulled it further away from ear.

“What are you on about?” Grace questioned, heading to the sink as she wrung the cloth out, letting any access milk run down the drain.

On the other end of the line there was a bang before a burst of laughter erupted from the phone, this time a different voice address her.

“Grace we’re outside grab your s-s-shit and get the fuck out here!” Faith giggled down the line, her words already slurring slightly.

Grace leaped over the couch running to the door, wrenching it open worried at the sight to see instead she sighed, seeing Faith not sat behind the wheel but instead lay sprawled out on the back seat.

She rolled her eyes, turning to grab her bag off the stairs before locking the door and heading to the car. Before she was even half way down the drive she could hear the music pumping out of the car, Piper's window wound down as her hand hung out the car tapping along to the beat.

Faith turned jumping up as she pressed her face against the window waving excitedly causing Grace to giggle.

“How much has she had?” Grace laughed, climbing into the passenger’s seat as Faith leaned over wrapping her arms tightly around her

“Slag sit back down and put your seat belt on” Piper scolded Faith who only giggled at the name before pouting and doing as she told, Piper rolled her eyes turning back to Grace as she put the car into gear.

“Erm she had a bottle of vodka when we left hers” Piper carried on turning down street’s as Grace turned back around look at the bottle of vodka, nearly three quarters empty, that was rolling around on the car floor.

The ride was interesting to say the least, Faith rolling around in the back telling us all that the leprechauns that were apparently sitting next to her, were telling her dirty limericks.

“COMING OUTTA MY CAGE AND IVE BEEN DOIN’ JUST FINE – PIPER YOU WHORE TURN THE MOTHER FUCKING RADIO UP!” Faith screamed reaching over to Hunter as she was driving, causing her to swerve into the next lane.

Piper just rolled her eyes, obviously used to Faith’s drunken behaviour as she shrugged her off, reaching her hand out to fulfill Faith’s request.

“...STARTED OUT WITH A KISS HOW DID IT END UP LIKE THIS? IT WAS ONLY A KISS, IT WAS ONLY A KISS” Faith continued to screech, giggling now and then as she sloppily tried to wind down her window.

“Is she always like this” Grace asked, looking behind her to see Faith half hanging out the window scaring passersby.

“Yeah” Piper sighed as Faith screeched at them to sing, Piper smiled, shrugging to Grace before turning the radio up a bit more before joining in.

“I JUST CAN’T LOOK ITS KILLING ME, AND TAKING CONTROL.... JEALOUSY, TURNING SAINT INTO THE SEA, SWIMMING THROUG SICK LULLABIES, CHOKING ON YOUR ALIBIS! BUT ITS JUST THE PRICE TO PAY DESTINY IS CALLING ME, OPEN UP MY EAGER EYES, CAUSE I’M MR BRIGHTSIDE” they all sang, as Piper slowed down the car pulling up to the party and climbing out the car.

Piper surveyed the scene, making notes of everyone was there before her eyes caught the group of boy’s smoking as they leant against the shed, half empty beer bottles in their hands.

“Fresh meat” Piper smirked, straightening out her top and shorts before tossing Grace her key’s not even bothering to lock the car as she sauntered off to the group of guys.

After getting Faith out the car without any bodily harm, she headed into the house, trying to find someone that she can get to help her look after her intoxicated friend.

Finally as she made her way through the make shift dance floor now occupying the living room she saw two familiar figures sat on the sofa chatting.

Grace sighed with relief as Jared jumped up apologizing profusely for his drunken girlfriends antics as Grace just shrugged, smiling as she gave them a half way before making her way into the kitchen, the only quiet room of the house.

“Not having fun?” a voice asked behind her as she sat at the counter, her legs swinging as she looked up at the other figure.

“I’m just not in a party mood, Gary” She said, shooting the boy a smile as he headed to the counter, picking up a red cup, filling it with some substance before giving it her.

“Gar you know I can’t” she began as he just shushed, motioning for her to take a sip, she bit her lip, unsure of what to do, before following her command. Once she swallowed she rolled her, eyes looking down at her cup before chuckling at him.

“Cheer’s for the Coke” she said as he just smiled down at her, jumping on the counter to take a seat next to her.

“Yeah, figured you wouldn’t be drinking you know with the you know what and the fact that Piper said you’re staying at ours since your her DD” he replied with a shrug as she rolled her eyes at him, not being aware of Hunters plans.

“Fancy bailing out for a bit? You’ve got Piper’s keys, right?” he questioned as she simply nodded, biting her lip contemplating the idea. “Come on...there’s some place I want to take you”

Grace nodded, intrigued by the idea of the surprise as he grinned at her, grabbing her hand and pulling her outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?