Status: Done.

Fantasy World

Twelve

The never ending sexual comments coming from beside Maci made her irritated. Ever since the two girls had taken their seats, she knew she was in for one long game. 

For the most part, she could ignore their comments about the players on both teams, but the moment they got to Steven, she lost her cool. 

"Okay, after the game, I'm going to find him and convince him to take me home. So don't wait up for me, okay?"

"Totally! You have to tell me all the dirty details tomorrow!"

"Oh, I so will. I beg he's hung."

Maci choked on the gatorade she'd been drinking. Her face was lit up like a red light bulb. The man next to her patted her back. She gave him a small smile before putting her drink down. 

"No doubt about it. Oh! You so have to try to get pictures, too!"

Maci grimaced. She didn't like how they were talking about him at all. She was getting a little ticked. They were talking like they honestly had a chance to sleep with him. 

Maci wasn't about to let that happen. Her eyes followed Steven as he traveled the ice on a break away. He shot the puck and Maci held her breath. 

The crowd exploded in cheers as the horn went off. Maci sprang from her seat and screamed, banging on the glass. 

Steven slid back to collect the puck before slamming into the boards where his teammates celebrated with him for breaking the 1-1 tie. The game had been this way since six minutes into the game. Now with three minutes left, they were almost positive they could win it. 

Steven eventually turned around to see Maci cheering behind him. He gave her a smile before tossing the puck over the glass. She carefully caught it and grinned at him. He nodded before skating off. 

"Pretty lucky," the man beside her commented. He was roughly 27 and wearing a Malone jersey. 

Maci smiled widely at him. "I guess."

She twisted the puck around in her hands as her eyes went back to the ice. 

"Can I make a guess?" he continued. 

Maci glanced at him. "Sure," she said, not thinking much of it. 

"You two are dating, aren't you?"

Maci blushed fiercely. "No, no. That's Steven, we aren't dating," she rushed out. 

He smirked and nodded to the girls behind her. "When those two started talking about him, I could've sworn I was about to witness a murder. I think you two are more than friends," he said with a laugh. 

Maci fully turned towards the rink. "Not really," she mumbled. 

He simply laughed and dropped the subject.

"Oh my god, that was like so hot! I can't wait to fuck him!"

Maci's mood visibly darkened at the comment. She glared over at the two girls, unable to help it. 

The one speaking, a Nutella colored blonde, smirked at her. "What? You jealous I'm going to sleep with Steven Stamkos?" she asked cockily. 

Maci rolled her eyes. "Right," she muttered. 

Maci tried to push the thoughts of jealousy out of her mind. She didn't want to think that Steven actually could give into one of them and take them home. The home she'd been sleeping in hours ago. The bed she'd been in. The bed she herself lost her virginity in. It made her uncomfortable and irritated. 

The final horn of the game sounded and everyone cheered. As the star players skated out, she stayed standing as she clapped and cheered. When Steven was named number two, she screamed as loud as she possibly could. 

"Definitely more than nothing," the guy beside her sang out teasingly. 

Maci blushed. "Whatever," she mumbled. 

-----

"Steven! Your chica is here!" Vinny yelled into the locker room after seeing Maci standing in the hallway. He gave her a kind smile before leaving. 

Steven hurried through the doors shortly after that. He grinned widely at her when his blue eyes found her. "Hey!"

"Hey," she greeted back. Her eyes fell to where he was practically tying a knot into his tie. She laughed and stepped forward. "Let me help you," she said through her giggle. 

Steven dropped his hands as he watched her do his tie up for him. "Thanks."

"Thank you for the puck," she told him in response. 

Steven smirked. "Glad you caught it."

Once his tie was done, he pulled her into a tight hug. Maci grinned widely in his arms. He couldn't leave with the Nutella faced girl. He just couldn't. 

They began heading out to the players' parking lot as Steven commented on the game to her. He was in a good mood for sure. 

"Steven!" a familiar voice called out. Maci glanced over at the huddle of fans screaming for players to sign things. 

Steven looked to Maci. "Go. Your fans love you," she told him. 

He smiled to her before hurrying over to the crowd. Maci hung back and leaned against the wall. She couldn't hide the smile she got from seeing him interacting with his fans. He took a few pictures, as well, before finally getting to the last fan. 

Maci frowned as she watched the two converse. Steven looked his polite self while she was practically trying to drop his pants and suck him. 

When the girl's hand rested on his chest, Steven pulled away. He told her he had to leave before hurrying back to Maci. He gave her an exasperate look. She simply smiled at him. 

Her eyes fell the the blonde that was still pouting. The two climbed into Steven's car and slowly began finding their way out of the parking lot. Maci rolled down her window as the neared the blonde. She couldn't resist herself. She felt so smug. 

When the girl was at the level of Maci's window, Maci stuck her head out. The girl's eyes widened considerably. "What? You jealous I'm going to sleep with Steven Stamkos," she asked mockingly with a smirk before dropping back into her seat. She rolled the window up before groaning. "I can't believe I just said that," she muttered. 

Steven erupted in laughter. "What was that all about?" he demanded. 

She ran a hand over her face as she sunk further into her seat. "She sat there talking the entire game about how she wanted to sleep with you. One time when I looked over at her she asked me that... Pissed me off." She mumbled the last sentence, slightly hoping he wouldn't catch it. 

However, he smirked. "Oh, you get jealous?" he asked as he lightly poked her in the side. 

Maci's face turned a deeper red. "No..." she mumbled. 

Steven grinned widely. "I think you were. Maci got all jealous over some other girls talking dirty about me," he continued. 

Maci glared over at him. "No I didn't," she muttered as she swatted at his hand. 

He chuckled. "You can keep telling yourself that, but it's true!"

"Shut up, at least I don't look like I got hit in the fa-" She stopped abruptly, remembering the condition of her own face. 

Steven howled with laughter. "Please, tell me you were about to comment on my black eye," he managed to get out through his laughter. 

Maci sunk further into her seat as she folded her arms across her chest. "See if I ever cheer for your team again," she stated. 

Steven reached over and took her hand in his suddenly. Her eyes followed it as he brought it to his lips and pressed a small kiss against it. "I think it's adorable you got all worked up over it," he told her in a quiet voice. His hand fell down to rest on his leg, where he gently ran his thumb over her skin. 

Maci stared at the side of his face for a moment. His eyes were trained carefully on the road, never straying from the cars or asphalt. She pulled out her phone and leaned over towards him, holding it away from them before grinning. Her head leaned against his shoulder while she made a simple smile. "Twinsies!" Steven exclaimed suddenly as he made an excited expression. 

Maci laughed and sat back to look at the photo. They were quite the duo with their black eyes. She saved the photo and dropped her phone into her lap. She leaned the chair back slightly and closed her eyes. 

"You should send that to me," Steven commented a few moments later. 

When Maci opened her eyes to look at him, he was focused on something out his window. She quickly sent the picture to his phone before closing her eyes again, a smile still playing on her lips. 

As she felt herself starting to drift off into a sleep she needed badly, she focused on two things: Steven's thumb that was still rubbing circles on the back of her hand and him softly humming the tune to "Bad Day."