Status: My first two-shot!

On My Way to You

1/2

I stare out at the crowd who is yelling and cheering for me and I smile. I love how the crowd screams and yells my name. The concert has been a complete success. I sang my heart out and the crowd is going wild. I love to sing. It gives me a sense of freedom and happiness and I love singing for such a great audience. I have just finished my concert in Fort Wayne, Indiana and I am ready to go home to my beautiful wife. I miss her so much and I want to hold her in my arms and kiss her so badly. I am very lucky to have a beautiful, loving, and supportive wife like Val. I love her with all my heart and I will never find anyone who compares to her. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I will love her and cherish her always. She is 8 months pregnant and she is supposed to give birth to our first baby in two weeks and I am really excited. I can’t wait to see my beautiful baby girl because Val and I have been waiting to start a family for awhile now.

“I want to thank you all for coming tonight. This concert is for my beautiful wife and my future baby,” I said.

The crowd yells and cheers.

“I love you Matt!” a teenager girl yells.

“I love you too,” I mouthed and the girl looks like she is about to faint.

“I love you all and I hope to see you all again soon. Goodnight,” I said.

I turn and follow my friends offstage and into the touring van. Once inside I grab a bottle of water and take a huge gulp and then I plop down on the couch.

“Great show tonight guys,” I said.

“Yeah it was and now I’m exhausted,” Brian said, laying down on the couch with his arm over his face.

“Same here,” Johnny chiped in.

“I can’t wait to see Gena. I miss her so much,” Zacky said.

“Well I am going to be doing some dirty things when I see Michelle,” Brian said.

“Ok dude we did not need to know that,” Johnny said. We all laughed.

“Don’t be mad because you can’t get laid,” Brian said.

Johnny flipped him off and we all laughed.

“It’s ok man. I don’t have anyone to go back to either,” Jimmy said.

“See you’re not alone short shit,” Brian said and he laughed.

“How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that,” he said but he laughed along with everyone else.

We continued to talk and laugh about good old times and I am completely happy. I love all of them so much. They are like my brothers and I will do anything for them. We are a great team because we all love to have a good time and we have each other’s backs no matter what.

All of a sudden my phone rings. I quickly grab my cell phone out of my pocket and I look at the caller I.D. and see that it is Val and I smile. I quickly answer it.

“Hello baby,” I said.

“Hey how was the concert?” she asked.

I felt my heart squeeze in joy at the sound of her voice. Her voice is so beautiful like her and I can just listen to her talk all day. I really miss her so much. Now that I am actually hearing her voice I want to hurry up and get home. Before I had been completely exhausted but now I am wide awake. Wow what love can do to you sometimes. She is pregnant with our very first child and she is supposed to be due soon. When she told me the news that she was pregnant I had been so happy. We both wanted a child so badly and when we found out she was pregnant that had been one of the happiest days of our life.

“It was good. I miss you so much."

“I miss you too,” she replied.

“How are you doing?” I asked.

“I am good,” she replied.

“How’s the baby?”

“Well about that, I have something I need to tell you.”

Her voice suddenly changes and she sounds really happy. I am suddenly very curious to know what she is so happy about.

“What is it? Is she alright?”

There was a long silence at the other end of the phone and my heart is pounding violently in my chest. If she didn’t tell me right now then I think I might go crazy.

“Val what is it? You are killing me,” I said.

After a few minutes she said, “I think that I might be going into labor.”

My mouth dropped open in shock and I couldn’t say anything.

“Matt are you ok?”

“Yeah I’m fine,” I replied after a few seconds.

I just couldn’t believe it. The baby isn't supposed to be due for another two weeks and now she is about to go into labor and I’m not there to help her. I am here in Indiana and she is all the way in Denver, Colorado. How in the hell am I going to get there in time? I start to go into panic mode and I pace around the room as I try to think about what to do. None of our family is here because they went out of town so she is all alone.

“Are you alright?” I asked.

“Yeah, I just wish you were here,” she answered.

“Alright just hold on for as long as you can and I will be there as soon as possible.”

“Ok just hurry.”

“I will.”

“I love you,” she said sweetly.

“I love you too,” I said softly.

We say our goodbyes and I hang up. As soon as I hang up I run out into the living room and the guys stop laughing and talking and look at me. The moment they see my expression they immediately look worried.

“What’s wrong?” Brian asked.

“Val is about to go into labor with the baby!” I said, my voice filled with panic.

“Oh my god are you serious?” Johhny said, looking as surprised as I did.

“Yes we have to get home… now,” I said.

“She’s going into labor already?” Jimmy asked.

“Yes and we don’t have much time. We have to get going right now,” I yelled frantically.

I start going into a panic attack and my friends come over and pat my back and try to help me calm down.

“It’s ok man we will find a way to get you back in time,” Jimmy said comfortingly.

“How in the hell are we going to do that? We are really far away,” Zacky said.

“We will drive to the airport and fly back,” I said.

I walk to the front of the truck and I start the engine and I start driving. I drove as fast as I could. Luckily there wasn’t anyone on the road. I will stay up all night if I have to just to get there in time, I don't care.

“Hold on Val, I’m coming,” I say quietly.

I speed down the road towards the airport and I found myself hoping that Val is ok. Brian comes and sits down next to me and he puts a hand on my shoulder.

“Calm down man she will be ok. If you want us to get back quickly and safely then you need to calm down and focus,” Brian said.

“How in the hell am I supposed to focus when my wife is about to give birth to our baby without me?” I said.

“We will make it ok but you just have to relax,” Brian said, trying to sound soothing.

“Easy for you to say,” I muttered.

I continue driving and Brian leaves and I hear all the guys talking amongst themselves but I can't hear what they are saying. At the moment I don't really care. All that matters is getting home so that I can see my beautiful baby.

I finally see the airport ahead and I drive towards it. I park the car and we all scramble out of the car. I start running off towards the entrance and my friends yelled after me.

“Matt wait!” they yelled.

I run into the airport with my friends right behind me. I start heading towards the ticket counter but my friends grab me and hold me back.

“Let me go,” I growled.

“You guys hold him while I handle this,” Brian said, heading towards the counter.

Zacky, Johnny, and Jimmy grab a hold of me and hold me back. I struggle but I know it is no use. I finally give up and I watch Brian go to the front of the line and talk to the lady. He says something to the lady and points at me and she looks over at me and smiles. She looks back at Brian and then she types into her computer. After a few minutes she hands Brian five tickets and he smiles sweetly at her causing her to blush. Apparently she knows who we are.

Brian runs back over to us and then all of a sudden the lady starts speaking into the intercom.

“Oh my god Avenged Sevenfold is in our airport.”

Everyone turns and looks at us and we all take off running. I hear yells and screams behind us as we run through the airport. We run outside and we see a jet waiting for us. We run towards it and a young man looks at us and then he looks behind us and sees the people chasing us and he gets in and starts the jet. As soon as we reach the jet we all scramble inside and shut the door Once we sat down I started to relax. We lifted up into the sky and I sigh in relief. Now I really am exhausted. My friends all sit down as well and we all sigh in relief.

“Well that was just crazy,” Jimmy said.

“I’m glad that’s over,” Zacky added.

Johnny grabs the remote and turns on the TV and he starts flipping through the channels.

“Give me the remote short shit,” Brian said.

“No. Fuck you man,” Johnny said back.

Brian gets up and comes at Johnny and they both start wrestling for the remote.

“You two look like two little girls,” Jimmy said and he laughed.

Brian and Johnny stop fighting and they look at Jimmy with smirks on their faces.

“Uh oh,” Jimmy gulped.

Brian and Johnny get up and they run at Jimmy, both of them tackling him to the ground.

“Hey no fair,” Jimmy laughed.

Zacky and I watch them wrestle but all I can think about is Val. I wonder if she is doing ok. I finally decide to call her and see how she is doing. I take out my phone and call her. She answers on the second ring.

“Matt where are you?” She didn’t sound good at all.

“I’m on a plane. We will be there soon. How are you doing?”

“I’m doing alright but the pain isn’t so pleasant.”

“I am so sorry baby. I will be there as fast as I can, just hold on for a bit longer ok?”

“Ok. Just get home soon.”

“I will. I love you.”

“I love you.”

I say goodbye and I hang up.

Man she sounds horrible. I am getting more and more worried about her as the minutes go by.

“Tell the guy to hurry the hell up,” I said.

“I am sure he is going as fast as he can,” Zacky said.

“Fuck!” I yelled.

I got up and walked towards the back where there is a small room. I shut the door and then I go and plop down on the bed and stare up at the ceiling. I lay there for awhile and try to calm down. I am really exhausted and I feel sleep start to overcome me. My eyelids slowly slide shut and I slip into unconsciousness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's is my first two-shot so I hope you like. Please comment and tell me what you think.