Status: My first two-shot!

On My Way to You

2/2

Val is sitting on the couch watching TV and then all of a sudden she shrieks in pain. She grips her stomach and she cries in pain.

“Matt where are you?” she cried.

She stands up and she starts walking towards the stairs. She still grips her stomach and I see tears running down her cheeks. She starts walking up the stairs and I see pain all over her face and it looks like it is hard for her to walk. All of a sudden she screams and falls backwards down the stairs and I hear a deafening crack.

“Matt, I love you,” she whispered and then she is gone.

“No!!!!!!!!!!” I yelled.

I am pulled out of my dream by someone shaking me.

“Are you ok?”

I look up and I see my friends all staring down at me with concern all over their faces.

“What the hell happened? We heard you screaming and we came rushing in here,” Johnny said.

I tell them about my nightmare and I see sadness in their eyes.

“That’s just horrible,” Jimmy said.

“I don’t want her to die. I love her so much and if I lose her then I don’t know how I will live with myself,” I said.

“Don’t worry we will make it,” Zacky said.

“We’re here. Let’s go,” Brian said just as the plane lands.

I get up quickly and follow my friends out of the room. Brian opens the door and we all scramble outside. The driver is waiting for us and he smiles at us.

“Thank you,” I said politely.

“It was no problem,” he said.

“Do you think you could hook us up with a car?” I asked.

“Yeah, I have a car that I was planning on selling,” he answered.

“Great we will take it,” I said.

We follow him towards the parking lot and I prayed that Val is doing ok. Thoughts about my nightmare come flooding into my head and I quickly push them away.

We reach the parking lot and he show us a small black car.

“Will this work?” he asked.

“Yep we will take it,” I replied.

He throws me the keys and I take out my wallet and I give him a wad of bills. We all thank him for his help and he just nods and before walking away.

“Maybe I should drive,” Brian said.

“No I’m driving,” I said in a tone that told everyone not to mess with me right now.

We all get into the car and I speed out of the airport. I drive down the road as fast as the law will allow me because I am not trying to get pulled over. I turn on the radio and listen to some loud rock music to calm my nerves.

“It’s ok Matt we will make it.”

-------------

We reach the house and I quickly park the car.

“Alright you guys stay in the car and I will grab her. We need to get her to the hospital as fast as possible. Brian you are driving,” I said.

“Got it,” Brian nodded.

I get out and I make a dash towards the house. Taking out my keys, I unlock the door and I literally bust the door open.

“Val! Are you ok?” I yelled.

“I’m fine,” she replied.

I rush into the living room and I see Val sitting on the couch. She looks awful. Her face is drenched in sweat, her hair is messy and I see pain all over her face. I rush over to her and I hug her. I am so relieved that she didn’t die like in my nightmare and I sigh happily. The feeling of happiness that came over me when I felt her in my arms is unimaginable and I never wanted to let her go.

“I am so glad you are ok. I love you so much,” I said.

“I am just glad that you made it back,” she said.

“How are you doing?”

“I don’t know. We need to hurry because I feel like she is going to come out at any minute.”

“Ok well the guys are out in the car so let’s get you to the hospital.”

I pick her up and I walk to the car as quickly as possible.

Slipping into the back seat, I shut the door and Brian immediately pulls out of the driveway. As he drives I watch Val and I hate to see her in so much pain. I so badly want to get rid of the pain for her but I knew that I couldn’t.

“It’s ok Val you are going to be ok,” Jimmy said in a soft, comforting tone.

She looks over and smiles at Jimmy through her pain.

Brian pulls up in front of the hospital and parks the car and we all get out and run towards the hospital entrance. Once inside I quickly go up to the counter. A nurse looks up at me and she smiles.

“How may I help you?” she asked.

“Please help me. My wife is about to give birth,” I said frantically.

The nurse starts giving out orders and a bunch of nurses and doctors come in with a rolling bed and I quickly set Val down onto it. They immediately started walking towards the emergency room. My friends and I follow the nurses down the hall until they reach a small room. We start to follow them inside but a nurse stops us.

“Sorry but no one is allowed inside at this time,” she said.

“Please let Matt stay with me. I need him here,” Val said softly.

After a few minutes the nurse gestures me inside and shuts the door. I walk over and stand beside Val. They have Val change into a hospital gown and now she is sitting there with her legs open as the nurse examines her. All of a sudden Val cried out in pain.

“It’s coming!” she screamed.

I grab her hand and she grips it in a death grip and I winced just a little in pain. The nurse told her to push as hard as she could in soft, calm tones. She started pushing and the whole time she cried out in pain. I see tears running down her cheeks and she grips my hand and pushes with all her might. I start to see a head appear and I smile. The nurse continues to encourage her on. The whole head is out and then I see one shoulder and then the other one. Then one arm and then the other arm. Then came the chest, the stomach and then the legs. Val gives one last push and she cries out and then the baby is out.

I look over at Val and I see her smiling and I found myself smiling as well.

The nurse took the baby and washed her and put some clothes on her and then brought her back. Val had her arms out and the nurse handed her the baby. Val held the baby in her arms and she smiled as tears rolled down her cheeks.

“She is so beautiful,” Val said.

“She is. She looks just like her mother,” I said.

Val smiled up at me and she handed me the baby and I took her into my arms. She looked up at me with beautiful dark brown eyes and I smiled. She has short black hair and creamy white skin and she looks just like her mom. I kiss the top of her head and give her back to Val and she kisses her on the top of her head.

“So what are you going to name her?” I asked.

“I am going to name her Isabelle,” she replied.

“Isabelle sounds perfect,” I said.

I leaned down and pecked Val’s lips.

“I am going to go get the guys.”

“Ok.”

I walk over to the door and open it and I see all of the guys sitting and I gesture them inside. They all walk in and stand around Val and the baby.

“She’s beautiful,” Jimmy said, cheering happily.

Val handed Isabelle to Jimmy and he smiles at her and he started making funny faces and Val and I watch him with big smiles on our faces. I have a feeling Jimmy is going to be her favorite uncle.

“I can’t believe that I am going to be an uncle,” Jimmy exclaimed.

“What’s her name?” Johnny asked.

“Her name is Isabelle,” Val replied.

“That is a beautiful name,” Brian said.

“Thanks,” Val smiled.

They all nod in agreement. For the rest of the day we laughed and talked and all the guys gushed over how beautiful the baby is and it was a really great time. Today had been the best day of my life and now I will finally be able to start a family with the girl of my dreams. All the guys took turns holding the baby and they all made attempts to make her laugh and I just stood beside Val and smiled down at her.

“I am so glad that I was able to be here for this,” I whispered.

“Me too,” she said.

Finally when night came the nurse came in and told us it was time to leave. I gave Val and Isabelle a kiss goodbye before I turn and leave the room.

--------

For the next few days me and the guys came and visited Val and the baby and it was great because everyone was happy.

After Val had been staying in the hospital for about a week they finally let us go home. I came into the hospital and we gathered all our stuff and then we walked out of the hospital together.

“Do you think we will have more kids in the future?” Val asked.

“I am sure we will but let’s focus on this one first,” I said.

“Ok,” she said and we smiled at each other.

We get into the car with our baby girl and we head home to start our wonderful family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the last chapter so I hope you all liked this story and comments would really be nice :D