‹ Prequel: Lost in You
Sequel: Are You Happy Now?
Status: 37, 38, and 39 of 50

Old School Love

Maybe, Possibly 2.0

“Ava! Please hear me out?”

“Why?”

“Because you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you. I want you.”

“No… I’m sorry. You just don’t get it.”

“Yes I do! I can change.”

“No you can’t.”

“I didn’t do some of those things because you are a feminist so I thought you would get mad.”

“Well you over thought that, but it still doesn’t make up for things like our last date.”

“I know… I’m stupid… I don’t deserve you.”

“You don’t, so you don’t get me.”

“I just want you to be a part of everything in my future.”

“I’m sorry but you ruined out future.”

“Will you ever forgive me?”

“Maybe… possibly…”

“You are the best thing that ever happened to me. No one compares to you. You make me aware of everything. All my actions. All the words that come out of my mouth. You make me better. You make me a better person. I won’t stop fighting for you.”

She was sitting in the library a week later trying to study, but as usual he was taking up all her thoughts. She simply didn’t know what to do. He hadn’t given up, but he made sure not to push her, make her uncomfortable, or embarrass her.

She decided to give up and leave the library. When she walked out she saw Jayden down on one knee with a ring box in his hand.

“Jayden! What are you doing?”

“Doing what I’ve wanted to do since we mini golfed. Will you marry me after we graduate
from college?” He tells her opening the ring box to show a ring that perfectly fits her
personality.

“Jayden! You can’t win me back like this. You never planned on this before we broke up.”

Jayden doesn’t move he just pulls out a receipt and hands it to Ava knowing she would say something along those lines.

Looking at the receipt she noticed the date and there was an engraving, it says, “My Ava I knew you would be the one from the moment I saw you.”

And he did. Then she saw the price and gasped.

“Shit! I meant to black that out.”

“You bought this 10 months ago. We dated for a year… you bought this after we dated for 2 months?”

“Yes. I knew I would always want you. Please say yes and become my fiancée. I really do love you, I’m not just throwing the word around like people do.”

“Gosh yes! I love you to!” She says jumping into his waiting arms. He held onto her tight as if she would disappear. Then he places the ring on her left ring finger telling the whole world she is his, and no one else’s.

“After college will be the actual marriage right?”

Jayden just laughed and nodded his head before hugging her as close as possible before kissing her forehead and then her lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspired by Maybe, Possibly 2.0 by Megan & Liz