Status: Discontinued. I am done with bandoms and RPFs.

Take Your Time

The Girl That No One Ever Knows

Tucson, AZ
January 15th 2012


It was only midnight, but Addie’s eyes were already threatening to close. She was still waiting for Dan, he was inside somewhere taking care of technical things... or maybe he was just getting a head start on drinking tonight, she wasn’t so sure.

Despite how hot Arizona was compared to other states, there was still a chill to the air and she really wished she brought her coat instead of her sweater. If she checked, she’d know the temperature was below zero. She tightened her sweater around her body as she looked around.

Only a few people were left. If she counted, she’d find about five girls. Two were gushing as they talked about the autographs they got, and the other two were examining a pick one of them got.

The one who stood out to her was the last girl, she couldn’t be older than fifteen. She had dirty blonde hair and pretty blue eyes, about two inches taller than Addie herself. She had meat on her bones, that was for sure. She had chubby cheeks, but thin lips, along with a not-so-pointy nose. She was wearing an Everything’s Fine shirt and a pair of jeans.

Her looks wasn’t the reason she stood out to her, though. It was her expression. She looked like she was lost, confused, and there was a sad look in her eyes. She reminded Addie of herself when her brother left her, alone and cold.

After five minutes of thinking, she decided to talk to the girl. Her footsteps were silent, and she was walking so slowly she thought she was never going to get there. She didn’t want to scare the girl, and most importantly she didn’t want to creep her out.

“Hi...?” She greeted when she was close enough, tapping the stranger on the shoulder. She turned around, and Addie nearly fainted. Her heart was beating so fast, she didn’t know this girl, why did she try to talk to her?

“Oh, uhm, hi,” the girl said in return. “Can I... help you?”

Addie panicked, she didn’t know what to say. That was when she remembered the pick she got from John. She reached into her pocket and took it out. “I erm... I thought you’d want this.”
Words couldn’t describe how happy the photographer was when she saw the girl’s face lit up.

The girl’s expression immediately changed to one of confusion, though. A frown appeared on her face, “why?”

The older girl scratched the back of her head. “Erm...do you have one?”

“No...”

“Take it, it’s from eh... the House of Blues show,” she said. She put the pick in the other girl’s hand, forcing a smile on her face.

“You went to two shows?” The girl looked at her weirdly. Addie didn’t like the look she was sending, like she was kind of a freak or something for going to two shows. Well, California and Arizona’s not exactly that’s close so that’s kind of weird, maybe?

Addie shrugged. “I kind of erm... work for them? My name’s Addie,” she introduced herself.
It took the girl a few seconds to process the information and then she smiled. “Oh! I’m uh...
I’m Arianne,” she looked at the pick in her hand, “are you sure?”

The photographer nodded, though she didn’t say anything. “Erm... thanks,” Arianne said.

“No... problem...” She trailed off.

Silence took over the two for a while until Arianne spoke, “who do you work for?” asked the girl.

“I don’t... my boss works for The Summer Set, I’m an intern and he told me to take pictures of The Cab’s set,” she answered.

“What is it like? Being a professional photographer?”

“Awesome,” Addie smiled. “How are you going home?” She asked back.

“My friend ditched me, she thinks she saw Stephen somewhere, I guess I’ll wait for her here,” the younger yet taller girl shrugged. She stuck her hands in her pockets, and there was still a smile on her face.

“Really?” Addie frowned, “He was um... he was with Godsey in the dressing room...” she trailed off.

As if he knew what was going on, Marshall suddenly walked up to them. He put his arms around Addie’s waist from behind like there was nothing wrong with doing that. “Addie’s talking? Is this a dream?” He grinned at the photographer.

“Go away,” she mumbled as she pushed him away, blushing. She couldn’t believe he’d touch her like that, she hated that, she wasn’t big on physical contact.

Arianne was pinching her own cheeks repeatedly, and that caught Marshall’s attention. “Are you okay?” He asked with concern in his voice.

“Y- yeah. I just can’t believe it’s you,” she said. “I love The Cab and I play piano because of you, I’m trying to play Symphony No. 9 right now. You are seriously my inspiration.”

“That’s a good piece,” replied Marshall. “I’m flattered...”

“Arianne.”

“That’s a pretty name,” he smiled.

Arianne searched her pockets and took out a crumpled piece of paper, along with a pen. “Would you sign this for me, please?”

Marshall nodded as he took the paper and pen. “Sure,” he said as he signed the paper, and Addie liked how happy the pianist made Arianne. She never realized it until before, how fulfilling making someone happy feels. Giving the pick to the girl was the best decision she made that day, really.

“Thank you so much,” said Arianne.

“Don’t mention it, it’s just a signature yeah?” There was still a smile on his face, and Addie couldn’t help but smile too.

“Erm... can I have a picture?” Arianne shyly asked.

“Of course!” the pianist answered before looking at Addie. “Adds, take a picture for us,” he said.

“Sure.”

Arianne reached into her pocket for her phone, but then groaned. “I’m out of battery,” she complained. “I can’t believe this...”

“Use my camera, I’ll email it to you, okay?” Addie said as she turned on her camera.

“Why?”

The photographer only shrugged before pointing her camera at them. Marshall pulled
Arianne closer to him and they sure looked happy as Addie took the photo.

“Can I see that?” Marshall took Addie’s camera from her hands, pulling her along because of the strap around her neck. “Aww, that’s a good picture.”

“Do not touch my camera!” Addie protested, but Marshall held the camera out of her reach, he even managed to take it off her neck.

Arianne craned her neck to look over Marshall’s tall figure. “Thanks, Addie,” she smiled at the older girl.”

Addie didn’t know where Arianne’s confidence came from, really. She was so quiet before Marshall got there, she expected her to be silent if she met anyone from The Cab or The Summer Set.

“You’re welcome,” she replied before reaching for her camera again. “Marshall!” she tried to jump, but it was no use.

“Want to take one more with Addie?” Marshall looked at Arianne.

“Why not?” She retorted.

“You’re not-“ Marshall pulled Addie between him and Arianne before snapping a picture of them, all smiles. Addie wasn’t really smiling, though. “Hey!”

“We have to go now!” They heard Dan said.

Addie noticed Arianne’s face fell. “Where’s your friend?” She asked.

“I don’t know.”

“She’s alone?” Marshall asked.

“I came here with my friend, she disappeared.” Arianne scratched the back of her head.

“We’ll look for a cab for you, okay?”

“It’s midnight,” Addie pointed out.

“I’ll be-“

“Guys, have you seen someone named Arianne? I found her friend in the dressing room and she creeps me out,” Brian walked over to them, along with security who’s holding a girl with long red hair.

Addie pointed at Arianne, “this is Arianne.”

Brian looked at Arianne with a frown. “You seem nice, surprisingly. Can you...?” He motioned
to the girl security was holding.

Arianne laughed lightly before smiling at Marshall and Addie. “I think that’s my ride, thanks,”
she said to them before approaching her friend.

“Wait, your email-“

“You can mention it to me, I’ll tell Addie,” Marshall cut Addie off. “It’s a little late, you should really get going,” he told them.

Arianne mouthed thanks to them once again before dragging her friend to a car, probably the girl’s.

“Is she your friend?” asked Brian.

“The newest one. Addie made a friend, didn’t she?” Marshall teased Addie, chuckling as he bent down to meet her eyes. “Aww Addie made a friend, I’m so proud of you.”

“Shut up.”

“I need alcohol,” Brian changed the topic. “I found a chick in my dressing room how can I not need alcohol?” Addie and Marshall heard him mutter under his breath as he walked away. The two switched looks before shrugging.

“Well...” Addie licked her lips awkwardly.

“Come on, then.” He started walking as she followed him a few steps behind. “I think I’m going to stay sober tonight, what about you?”

“I’ve always been sober.” She walked a little faster to catch up with him before taking her camera from his hands. “Have you gotten her email?”

The pianist took out his phone and unlocked it before going through his mentions. “Not yet, I’ll tell you when I do,” he told her as he put his phone back in his pocket. “Do you still think rock stars are bad people?”

“What you did for her was a nice thing,” she admitted. “And I think I get why you’re in a band, I’m sure a lot of people are happy because of you.”

He chuckled. “Will you look at that? Addie. Being deep,” he shook his head. “Do I make you happy?”

“You make me want to punch a wall,” she smiled slightly at him.

“Funny.”

“That wasn’t exactly a joke...” she trailed off.

“Scratch that, I’m getting drunk tonight.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry. I finally found the time to type this, it's not that long though. I just thought I need to get something out there because it's almost been a month since I last updated and I feel like a bad author (I probably am, though)
I promise the next chapter will be longer, I'll try to write it during my trip to Jogja.