It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Jumps out a Window

Chapter 3: Sorrow-Filled Apology

Pat's P.O.V.

"She always said that it wasn't my fault. That she made the decision on her own. But I know why now...Christina always said she would do anything for the band. She supported us and cheered us up when only 10 people showed up for our shows. The day before the accident, we talked to a record producer who thought we had a unique sound and signed us for our first tour and album. When she found out she cried tears of joy. 24 hours later her tears were for another reason... I know in my heart, she sacrificed herself for the sake of the band, and I just can't live with that. That's why I've decided to quit the band.I'm sorry but that's how it has to be." I was standing in front of Pete, Andy, and Joe in Pete's basement before practice. The looks on their faces were a mix of shock and resignation. They knew that once I'd made my mind up, no one could change it. I said my goodbyes, grabbed my guitar, and headed up the stairs and into the night.

Chris was waiting for me in my room when I got home, she didn't look very happy. "Why did you quit!?!" I guess the guys called her after I left.

"...I didn't feel it was the right thing for me anymore. I think I'm going to go to college instead. I thought you would be happy. I get to stay with you longer."

She looked at me like I was crazy. Maybe I was... "Why would you ever think that you throwing away your dream would make me happy? You need to call the guys and tell them that you changed your mind. I'm not letting you quit. Y'all are gonna be good someday. Famous. Who am I to stop a legend in the making?" She looked so convinced. She truely believed that we would make it big.

I walked out into the hall and pulled my cell out of my pocket, dialing Pete. I told him I would come back. That Chris had changed my mind. He said something, I couldn't tell what, away from the phone and I heard a lot of yelling. I guess the guys are happy I'm back.

I opened the door to my room and saw that Christina had taken up the whole bed. She wasn't asleep, just reading. Probably one of those Twilight books, she can't seem to put them down. She looked up and smiled when I shut the door behind me. I'm gonna miss that smile...

"So, when do you leave to record?" she asked, sitting indian-style on one side of the bed.

"Next weekend. When do you leave for Columbia?" I sat beside her copying the way she was sitting.

" Same. My flight leaves at 6 a.m. Are you coming with us to the airport?"

"Of course! You think I'm gonna miss saying goodbye to my bestest friend?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in forever! I'm gonna be better from now on! Comment please.