Sequel: Morning Light

The Cullen

Sleep Over

Aaron walked in as the hug continued. He startled Edward and he let go. Aaron was about to say something, but Uncle Charlie walked in and started talking to Aaron.

"So, where you staying Aaron?" he asked.

"Oh...um, a hotel outside of town," he said a little thrown off.

"Oh that's ridiculous. You can stay here," Charlie boasted.

"Are you sure? I don't want to impose," but a smile was already forming on his face. Edward stiffened.

"Yeah your clothes are here and you already took a shower here. Why not?"

"But, Uncle Charlie, where will he sleep?" I interrupted.

"He can sleep in my room and I'll take the couch."

Aaron tried keeping a straight face, "Oh, no. I couldn't take your bed, I'll sleep on the couch."

"You sure?" I asked both of them.

And they both said, "YES!!"

Edward stiffened. I felt him behind and I knew he wasn't happy about this. He has become very weird since last night's talk.

"It's getting late Edward. I'm sure your parents want you home," Charlie said trying to get him out house as fast as he could.

"Oh yes, sorry. I didn't mean to stay late," Edward said trying to show true sincerity. I walked him to the door.

"Come in if Aaron isn't up there. We still need to finish our talk, remember?" I whispered. He answered me with a nod. He turned as Aaron walked up behind me.

"Are you happy that I'm here? You kinda' look sad," he frowned.

I looked at him in shock, "Of course I'm happy that you are here. Why wouldn't I be?"

" 'Cause of Edward."

"He is just a friend. We were talking about Bella before we heard you. He's just upset and I'm trying to cheer him up," I lied.

He smiled wide showing all his teeth. I loved that smile. He looks so happy when he does it, like nothing can bring him down. I would hate to spoil that.

"So, what you feel like doing' while you are up here?" I asked, trying to keep his high.

"Whatever you want, you should know that," he laughed.

"Yeah, I should have," i laughed back.

"So, what have you been up to?" he tried to keep the conversation going.

"Nothing much really. Just school and taking care of my uncle. What have you been up to?"

"Cross country, school, work. You know the basic things."

"How did y'all do this year with cross country?"

"All right. Better than last year. We missed you though."

"Sorry."

"It's OK," he laughed then hugged me.

"Thanks," I laughed. "It's been a long a day. I'm beat. I'm going' to sleep OK."

"OK good night, sleep Tight, love you," he said.

It took me back when he said love you, "Um... yeah. Good night, sweet dreams... love you." The last part took me a while to get out.

I rubbed my head and asked myself why i said i love you. I'm an idiot. I showered and walked into my room Forgetting that I asked Edward to return, I almost walked in and dropped my towel. He stopped me right after I closed the door by clearing his throat.

"Oh God! You scared me!" I whispered harshly.

"You asked me to come up," he said.

"I know but I forgot!" I tried to keep quiet, not to alert Aaron or Charlie. I walked over to a chair to grab my robe. I placed the robe very carefully around me so that he couldn't see anything as I dropped my towel from underneath.

"where was I when we were interrupted?" he asked as i combed my hair.

"You were giving me rules."

" Oh yes. Just really be careful."

"You told me that."

"I know, but that is something I have to make clear."

"Okay, I'll be careful."

"What else did I say? I still can't believe you figured this out to quickly."

"Umm... don't ask to become one and know I'm always in danger as long as I hang around and your family. Yeah me too but I'm not dumb."

"OK. One last thing try not to fall in love with me."

I busted out laughing, "Me fall in love with you? Thats preposterous."

"Not really, I asked Bella not to and we did." His face soften when he said her name.

"Honestly, I still love Aaron. When we were together, we were planning to be together forever . We were going to buy our own house down the road back home and get married."

Edward frowned at my confession. There was a knock at my door.

Edward mumbled, "Another interruption."

It was Aaron. I quickly turned on my T.V. to make it look like I wasn't talking to myself in case he heard.

"Hey," Aaron said.

"Hey," I smiled. "Come in." He walked in hesitantly.

"Wow, this is weird I was never allowed in your room before.

"Yeah, I know."

"Can we talk?" He asked

"Uh...yeah. What about?

"Us."

"Us? What about us?

"I just need to know one thing."

"What?" I was getting nervous now. My legs were shaking but I doubt that he noticed. I had my stomach was doing flips.

"Do you still love me?

I stared blankly into his eyes. It was as if he heard Edward's and my conversation.

"Well?"

"Aaron," I sighed, " you know that answer already."

"Do I?"

"Yes. I can never stop loving you, you know that." He smiled.

"I know but are you still in love with me?"

I took a second to answer, "Yes."

He leaned in and kissed me gently. Oh how i missed his kiss, his lips. They were soft as ever. I missed his taste. The kiss lasted a long time. It brought me back to all the times we had. It reminded me why i fell in love with him. I didn't want to stop. As the kiss progressed, it got more passionate. Thank God Charlie was down stairs snoring his head off. Oh my gosh Edward. I wanted to push him off so Edward can leave but my body wouldn't let me.

"Aaron," I finally got out.

"It's OK," he went back for the kiss. I couldn't stop him; I didn't want to stop him. He grabbed for my thigh and he started to caress my body with his fingers.

I had to think of something. "I have to go to the bathroom," I finally said.

"OK. I'll be right back too."

"I ran to my closet door where Edward was hiding. "I am so sorry."

"Its OK. Bella and I had our moments like that as well. I should go."

"I really am sorry," I said as he jumped out the window.

I ran quickly to the bathroom. As I walked out, Aaron was heading to my room. I shut the door and we finished what we started. It was beautiful.