Sequel: Morning Light

The Cullen

Hard hit

Edward sat next to me the rest of the night, staring down Aaron, who was on my other side. My Uncle was totally contempt in his recliner as we watched a movie. I wanted to lay down but I wasn't sure whose shoulder to lay my head on. If I laid it on Aaron's it might give him the wrong impression but I might do the same thing if I laid on Edward's. Maybe I should just lay down in a different area completely. I grabbed a pillow and went to lay on the other couch. Edward and Aaron looked at me as I went to lay on my stomach. We didn't talk until the end of the movie.

Uncle Charlie stood up at the end of the movie and clapped his hands together and rubbed them,"That was good. What was the name of it again?"

As I go up to stretch, I grabbed the case, "Um...Rush Hour 3." It was a good movie. Very funny.

"Did you like your surprise Lynn?" Uncle Charlie asked.

"What surprise?" I asked puzzled.

"Your friend, Aaron. I planned for him to come up here. You looked like you missed home."

I couldn't speak for a moment there. I was stunned that he didn't tell me, nor Ms. Carolyn. Aaron smiled up at me; Edward glared at Charlie. "Why didn't you tell me?"

He looked at me, I said that a little harsher than I meant, "Are you not happy?"

"Of...of course I'm happy," I smiled. I faked it.

Edward knew. He looked at me and smiled a little smile. I couldn't help but laugh. At that moment, Aaron got up gave me a hug. Edward's smile faded. Aaron dismissed himself to go take a shower.

"Lynn, go help him find everything," my Uncle asked of me.

As i walked up the steps, I heard clattering from the bathroom. He opened the door quickly barely getting "Where" out before ramming into me. We fell hard on the floor.

"I am so sorry! Are you OK? Did I hurt you?" Aaron kept rambling.

I started laughing, he looked at me in confusion. "I'm fine"

"Are you sure?" he asked, checking me for concussions.

"Yes," I smiled and lay on the floor. Aaron laid with me. A second later, Edward and Uncle Charlie were there to inspect what happened. Uncle Charlie started laughing as saw us on the floor giggling. Edward, however, looked upset. AS Uncle Charlie turned and grinned at him, Edward could only glare back; which made Uncle Charlie's smile grow.

Aaron helped me p as we both laughed and slipped on the wooden floors with our socks. Held on to him as I did as we were together. Edward excused himself. I still hugged onto Aaron for some strange reason. He looked down onto me as Uncle Charlie walked away. Then it hit me hard. I still loved Aaron but I felt sad because at the same time I realized I fell for Edward. I straightened out and let go of Aaron.

I went downstairs to find Edward. He was in the kitchen, leaning against the counter. He looked up as I entered the room.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked gently.

"Yes, why?"

"You looked a little upset back there."

"I just don't like his scent and it's getting all over you," he said as he made a face.

"What's wrong with his smell, I like the way he smells?" I asked bewildered.

"Well, you can't smell his real scent only his cologne," he smiled.

"So, he still smells nice."

"I must admit, it does make me jealous."

"What does?"

"Him being here and the thoughts he had."

"What thoughts?"

"Just him remembering things; like your kiss, your touch, how much you two were in love."

"I'm sorry," i frowned.

"I think I miss that with Bella."

I hugged him.

"Oh, and when Charlie planned for Aaron to come, he thought that it might distract you from me. He wished that we didn't fraternize."

"Well, he'll have to get over it," I smiled. Edward smiled and hugged me again. This is making it hard for me: to choose between Aaron or him.