The Blood In Your Veins Is Twenty Below.

You're Still On My Lonely Mind.

Max's POV

I was the reason for the cuts on his wrist. The guilt buried me alive. I couldn’t stay here any longer. I needed to leave school for the rest for the day. My feelings were going crazy, so I had to drown it out with drugs and some sweet liquor.

I sat in my car outside of school for what seemed like 15 minutes. I was headed straight for Colton’s house. He was always packed with drugs and liquor and that’s exactly what I needed. I needed to get Ronnie out of my head and this was the only way I knew how. I had to shake the guilt that lingered in my mind.

I’ve spent years trying to show him that the friendship we had way back meant absolutely nothing to me. I wasn’t going to turn back on that now. I mean I guess I’ll admit I do still care for him deep down. He was always there for a shoulder to lean on, but that was then.

Things change, it isn’t my fault I got handed the better route in high school than he did. My new friends didn’t like him, did he really think I saw gonna stick around once high school started and be a loser like him? Pfft no.

So they began to pick on him for always walking the halls alone and never talking to anymore. Plus he was an easy target. No friends. And pretty vulnerable. Eventually I joined in with them and the teasing only got worse once he admitted he was gay. It’s wasn’t my fault he wasn’t like us. He wasn’t like me…

There was Colton’s house. I swiftly got out of my car and quickly rushed up to his door urging for this feeling to go away. I knocked in a fast motion, tapping my foot impatiently. Finally, he opened the door. His appearance was quite dreadful. His brown hair was a mess, his once white shirt resembled the colour of dirt. This wasn’t an usual look for Colton. He was usually too fucked up to give a shit.

He opened the door wider, smirking at me. “Max” his eyebrow raised, “Whatever brings you here?” He asked, smugly. I just pushed pasted him and to the living room. He knew exactly why I was here. He just shook his head and walked to him room. When he came back we had baggies filled with cocaine, oxy, and heroin. A smile instantly appeared on my face. “So what’s your drug of choice?” He spoke.

“I think I’ll go with oxy for today.” He threw me the bag. I eyed it hungrily. Quickly crushing up the pill, then rolling up a dollar bill and snorting it. I felt the toxic substance run through my body. My guilt immediately vanished and I nce again felt numb to any feeling.

*~*~*~*~*~*

After my high went away, we decided to get shit drunk. Colton got up, going to the kitchen cabinet and pulled out two bottles of jack. When he came back, I practically downed it right then. The sensation of burning was in my stomach and I sat back enjoying the feeling. My vision was getting blurry. Then it hit me. The guilt. Ten times worse than before. I needed to see him. My heart yearned for him.

“Hey Colton, I-I’m gonna go see my b-babyyy” I slurred, dragging out the ‘y’. Maybe it was just the alcohol talking but he was my baby. He’s my possession. I needed to be there to protect him. Wait, what am I saying? No he’s not. I could care less about that stupid faggot. Yes, you do Max, admit it you like him. This battle continued to go on in my head.

“Oh who’s the babe? Care to share the whore, Maxie?” I sneered at his comment. Ronnie is not a whore. Ronnie is an innocent as a child’s dream. I wasn’t going to let some washed up drug addict touch him. Even though, I was kind of describing myself. But I’m just using him..

“HE is mine. Only I am aloud to fuck him, alright?” with that, I got up walking at well as I could to the door and slamming it on my way out. I was going to see him. Tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter is really short, so thats why i'm posting up two tonight. :) 7 comments & 6 subscribers! (: please please comment more. <3 still only one star though. ): but thanks for the support! It really means a lot.