The Blood In Your Veins Is Twenty Below.

Please Stay And Please Be Mine, Baby.

Chase broke through the closed door, instantly coming to my side and pulling Max off of me. The sudden movement made me cringe. My ribs still burned from the touch of Max's fingers. The feeling of hot steel against my skin could compare the pain I felt at this second. After the aching settled, I wiped my tear stricken eyes, and got up off the old tattered bed.

Max was pinned to the ground as my brother punched him for the third time across the face. It wasn't doing a tremendous amount of damage but it did look painful. "Don't fucking touch my baby brother, little bitch!" Chase yelled in Max's face. A look of fright came over him, but soon disappeared as he was about to reply to my brothers outburst.

Before he could my voice sounded out through the small room. "Chase. Stop." I croaked out, nearly begging. The drugged out Chase would probably be impossible to get through to, but since he wasn't high right now, I had a little hope he would stop and listen to what I had to say. "Max wasn't doing anything wrong, he was just checking if I had any broken ribs."

Chase looked dumbfounded. "Oh" His body relaxed, but tensed up again. "That still doesn't change that he did to you the other night." his fist drew back again, but I grabbed it just in time, looking at his reassuringly.

"He apologized, Chase" that didn't seem to calm him down though.

"And you forgave him?!" He yelled getting off of the injured figure. Max watched carefully at what was occurring in front of him. "You’re so stupid, Ronnie. Why do you always let people push you around?" His glare boring into my skull, resulting in me doing the same in return.

"Just, just stop. I don't want to fight with you." I spoke tying to sooth him to come down from the rage he was carrying. He just pushed passed me, scoffing at the whole situation. A frown formed across my face.

"That's Chase?" Max finally said. He seemed surprised. Probably shocked that the young teen he once knew that would always have a smile on his face, was a doped up, violent twenty one year old. The once happy and optimistic boy now resembled a drug addict, that only looked forward to his next fix. But hopefully Chase's life would take a turn for the better once he left Vegas to start his new life.

“Yeah, he’s changed quite a bit from the last time you saw him.” I spoke, looking embarrassed at what my family had become. Max got up from off the group, pulling me into a hug. The warmth made me feel at home. I was wrapped in the arms of an angel. "What’s this for?" I asked shyly.

He smiled, pulling away, making me instantly frown from the lack of touch. His hands went up to pinch my cheeks as he cooed at me. My playful glare made him chuckle.

“Ronnie, who made those marks all over your body?” Max spoke lightly, trying not to offend me or make me feel cornered.

I twitched from the sudden outburst, bringing back memories of what my father had done to me. The raw feeling came into mind, making me feel insecure all over again. I didn’t want to tell him what was going on, I didn’t trust him enough yet, it wasn’t any of his business anyway. I’d tell him when I felt comfortable enough and right now it wasn’t the time. I’d just forgave him for what he’d done, it didn’t mean I had to tell him about everything that went on in my life. Especially not something like this.

“I told you I got jumped” I tried to look convincing, he obviously wasn’t buying it.

“Ronnie, I know you’re lying. What really happened? You can trust me.” No I can’t. I can’t trust anyone, I’ve learn that over the years. You were one of the people that taught me that.

“I’m telling the truth, Max.” I spoke boldly, but the look on his face showed me he still wasn’t buying it but he didn’t try to push the subject any further, he knew I’d tell him when the time was right. He knew I wasn’t the kind to spill my guts out to someone I hardly knew.

"You should meet my friends."

The expression on his face showed question. He was probably surprised I even had friends or at my weak attempt at trying to change the subject. All he got out of him was a sure.

The trip down to Roberts, where the guys usually hanged, was long and silent. Not the awkward kind of silent, it showed content. This is exactly how I felt. Max and I were finally getting along and this time I felt he was sincere. He was finally showing emotions other than anger and joy in making other people feel sad.

As soon as we reached his place, you could immediately hear the ruckus caused from the guys playing there loud instruments. They had been wanting to start a band for a long time, but they couldn't find all the members. They were still searching for a lead singer and a bass player.

Instead of trying to knock on the door, we just headed straight to the garage. The sound of drums and guitars became one, mixing beautifully with the peaceful sounds of the neighborhood.

"Hey Ronnie!" Omar called once he saw me, bringing me into a hug. They were all staring at the unexpected guest that was Max. As introductions were made they invited him into the group quickly, acting like they had all known each other for years. They were joking around and having little arguments just like siblings would. It felt like family.

"So from what I heard, you guys are pretty good at playing your instruments" Max spoke, taking interest in their music.

"Yeah man, we're trying to start a band." Robert shot back.

"We just need a lead and a bassist." Bryan continued.

Max eyebrows raised as soon as that left Bryan's mouth. "I can play bass!" He practically shouted. "I've always wanted to be in a band."

"Really? Hey let's see what you got Green." Robert smirk trying to hide his excitement. They've been trying to find the perfect bassist, that they could all also get along with well, for a long time.

Robert got out a bass from one of the cabinets in the dusty looking garage. He handed it to Max. Max's hunger for the shiny new bass showed through his body language. He reached out for it, getting use to the feel of it. Before we knew it, his fingers glided around the strings perfectly. The boys watched in amazement at the talent Max held. He was the perfect candidate to be in their band.

A sudden chime of a guitar came into the picture, harmonizing beautifully with the bass. Soon enough, Omar joined in along with Robert. The instrumentals all went together, not a single out of tune. I just sat back enjoying the music, and humming along to it.

"C'mon Ronnie, sing something for us!" Max smiled at me urging me to complete the circle.

I nervously got up, and walked over to the mic. I had wrote songs in my notebook before so I tried my best to see what I had memorized from the last time I wrote in it. Before long, the words started flowing out of my mouth to the tune of the beat. The feeling of utter control took over my body, the music mixing with the words I sang out.

"Oh, I hate to be the one to bear the bad news
Yes it is true, I finally fell in love
I fell for hard that I'm killing myself
Yes I need help
Out of this grave that I've dug
And all the friends that I have gone through
And how much I deserve the pain, it's a shame
So hold your head, hold it up high
Here’s to the friend that were alibis"

My deep breaths in the mic now sounded as I finished the lyrics I had already laid out. As they music stopped I turned around to the shock that were on all of their faces. None of them have ever heard me sing, and now that they have they finally know that I can.

"Ronnie, Why didn't you ever tell us you could sing like that?!" Bryan's voice rang through my ears, making me laugh in amusement.

"You guys never asked me."

"Well I think we've finally found the missing pieces of our band!" Robert exclaimed, putting his arm over me and Max's shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
21 comments, 44 readers & 14 subscribers! Thank you everybody! :) I know I haven't updated in about a week, I promise it won't take that long for the next one. I'll try my best to get it out by Thursday or sooner if i have time. Kind of boring chapter. Please Comment, it gives me inspiration to keep going! (: