My New Parents Are Who

Lucky 13

The next morning we were up late and the only reason we woke up was because Amy’s mom called to see what time she would be home. After a quick conversation of “I don’t know’s” and “Yeah, I’ll call later” we tried to go back to sleep but it was hopeless. We were wide awake now. After wrapping ourselves up in blankets we went down to the kitchen.
The living room was still a little messy and Bob was asleep on the couch and Mikey on the chair. Jamia was in the kitchen making French toast and Gerard, Frank, and Ray were at the table having coffee.

“Morning sleepy heads,” Jamia said. “I was going to wake you up at noon.”

It was eleven forty-five.

“My mom called and woke us up,” Amy said.

“Does she want you home at a specific time?”

“No, I just have to call in a few hours.”

“Ok. Well you know how the boys pulled that prank last night?” she glared at Frank, Ray, and Gerard who just smiled back sheepishly. We nodded and took some of the French toast she handed us. “I thought of the perfect payback!”

“Shouldn’t they not hear it then?” Rose asked, pouring some syrup on her toast.

“Oh no, they’ll want to hear this. Today, if it’s ok with your parents, they are going to take you to the mall.”

“What?!” they shouted.

And they have to stay with you three the whole time, no walking off.”

“But Jamia-” Gerard started.

“You brought this upon yourselves. If you can’t take the punishment then don’t scare the girls!”

“But I bet they don’t want their first time at the mall together to be with us,” Frank said.

“I’m fine with it,” I said with a smile.

“Yeah, how often do we get the chance to go to the mall with My Chemical Romance?” Amy smirked.

“It sounds like fun!” Rose added.

“Looks like their minds are made up. Girls, why don’t you check with your parents then I’ll drop you off to get ready. And boys, I know you wanted to go out today but you can do that tonight.”

“What were they going to do?” I asked while Amy called her mom and Rose ran upstairs to get her phone.

“They were going to go out for the day or something but I think it would better to do at night.”

“Oh, ok.”

“Hey mom,” Amy said. “Can I go to the mall with Sadie and Rose? Uh huh. Yeah. One second. My mom wants to talk to you,” she said, handing Jamia the phone.

“Hello? Hi, Mrs. Simple. Yeah the boys played a trick on them last night so I thought that a good payback would be for them to bring the girls out to the mall. Ok, bye.” she hung and handed the phone to Amy. “She says it’s fine.”

“Whoo!”

“My parents are cool with it too!” Rose shouted, running into the kitchen.

“What are the happy girls screaming about?” Bob asked, coming into the kitchen.

“You boys are taking them to the mall as punishment for last night.”

He looked like he wanted to say something but instead got some coffee.

“One of you wake up Mikey and tell him,” Jamia said.

“Brother’s job!” we all said.

“Fine, I’ll tell him. But he’s not going to be happy,” Gerard grumbled.

“He’ll get over it.”

Gerard went into the living room and it sounded like he pushed the chair or something because there was a crash and a string of curses.

“Jamia made me do it!” Gerard shouted.

“I didn’t tell you to hurt him,” she shouted back. With a sigh she turned back to us. “Once you finish eating why don’t you get your stuff and I’ll drive you home.”

We finished our food and ran upstairs. They changed back into their costumes but without all the extra dressy stuff. In the car we put the radio on and Misery Business was playing. We were singing at the top of our lungs and Jamia laughed at our silliness.

Our first stop was Amy’s house. She said she would just take a minute so we waited in front of her house and continued to listen to the radio. About five minutes later she came running out in jeans and a hoodie and her purse swung off her shoulder.

“Told you I wouldn’t be long,” she panted as she got in the back of the car.

“I be I can beat your time,” Rose said with a smirk.

“You could not, especially in your costume. Plus your mom will want to know every little detail about last night.”

“You’re on!”

They shook hands as we pulled up in front of Rose’s house. She jumped out of the car and raced to the front door. Amy started the timer on her phone. While we waited for her we played I Spy.

“Aw man!” Amy groaned.

I looked to the door and saw Rose running to the car. Then I glanced down at Amy’s phone and saw four minutes and forty-three seconds.

“I win,” she said, hopping into the car.

Jamia turned the car around and started towards the house. When we got there the guys’ cars were gone.

“Frank, where are they?” Jamia asked when we were inside.

“They left to get ready; they’ll be back in about ten minutes.”

I ran upstairs to get my purse then we helped clean up the living room until the guys came back.

“Who’s going in which car?” Frank asked when we were outside.

“I think it should be you and the girls and us in one of our cars. So you can spend some time with your daughter and her friends. See you there!” Bob said and they all ran to Mikey’s car.

We got in the back of Frank’s car and he followed Mikey’s car.

“You three won’t get hyper right?” he asked.

“You can count on it,” Amy smirked.

“We’re doomed aren’t we?”

“Probably,” Rose said.

“Great.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for Jess cause she wanted it :]