My New Parents Are Who

15

The next morning I was up early to clean the house. When Jamia came into the kitchen the dishes were done and I had straightened up the living room.

"What're you doing up so early?"she yawned.

"I'm just a little nervous. I really want to stay here and this meeting will decide everything."

"Don't worry about it. Why don't you go shower and change, I'll take care of everything down here."

I went upstairs and showered quickly then came the question of what to wear. I didn't want to dress normally so the adoption lady wouldn't be freaked but I didn't want to be overly dressy.

"Jamia!" I called down the stairs, giving up on choosing something.

She came up the stairs and first told Frank to get up then she came in my room.

"What's up?"

"I don't know what to wear."

"Hm...do you have black dress pants?"

"Yeah," I dug them out of the dresser.

"And for a shirt...what about that green and brown striped one?"

"My mint shirt."

"What?"

"It reminds me on mints so it's my mint shirt."

"Ok, I'll be downstairs or making sure Frank didn't fall back asleep."

She left and I changed then did my hair. When I was done I went to the kitchen and had a bagel. Frank was at the table having coffee and Jamia was making pancakes.

For the rest of the morning I cleaned. Close to one I just sat in the living room and waited. When the doorbell rang I jumped up and answered the door.

"Hi, Ms. Cleethy."

"Hi, Sadie. This is Mrs. Carson, she works at the adoption agency."

"Hi."

"Hello."

"Come on in."

I led them to the living room and everyone said hi.

"So, Sadie, how do you like it here?" Mrs. Carson asked. She had a notebook out and pen ready to write down everything.

"I love it! Frank and Jamia are great parents and their friends are nice."

"Can we speak with her alone?" Mrs. Carson asked Frank and Jamia.

"Um, sure," Jamia said. They left and she turned back to me.

"Do you get enough attention from them? You don't feel neglected?"

"Not at all. We hang out a lot every night. On Halloween Frank took my friends and I trick-or-treating then we came back here for Frank's surprise party. Then yesterday he and his friends took us shopping."

She wrote something down. "Alright. And you said you made friends?"

"Yes, Rose and Amy."

"Ok, now do you want to stay with Frank and Jamia permanently?"

"Definetly, I don't think you could've found me a better family."

"Let me just speak to them for a minute."

She left the room and I was alone with Ms. Cleethy.

"So how's school?"

"Good, same as usual. How's being a cop?"

She chuckled, "Same as usual."

The three of them came back into the room and took their seats.

"Well, Sadie, I think everything's in order. I'll have your answer in a few days," Mrs. Carson said, putting her notebook away.

"Ok."

"Thanks for coming," Jamia said, showing them the door.

"Bye," Ms. Cleethy said.

When they were gone Jamia, Frank, and I sat in the kitchen.

"That went smoother then I expected," I said.

"Yeah. I can't wait for them to call!" Frank said.

That night I went to bed excited to see what Amy and Rose had planned for the Frank lovers tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in forever! This month has been really hectic. I'll try to update sooner.