To The End

Chapter 1

Story of my life. Kind of typical, really. Well, I guess I can't really say 'story of my life' or 'typical'.
Because it's only happened once.
I guess I could say I'mnot particularly surprised that it happened to me, because it seems that my whole life, I've had ridiculously BAD LUCK.
You're probably wondering, 'What the hell is this girl on about?' Well, I suppose I'll tell you. Heard of that band 'My Chemical Romance'? I doubt you haven't. You either love them or hate them. But you have to know who they are. I overheard a group of teenagers calling them the 'biggest band on earth' the other day. They're probably right.
Anyway.
The lead singer.
Gerard Way.
Gorgeous. Funny. Bold. Interesting.
We used to be best friends.
No joke.
But one day, there was one stupid fight that ruined everything.
I remember that fight, every day of my life.

*Flashback*

"Gerard, why did you invite that bitch over anyway? She probably, like, is in love with you and that's why she hangs around you and follows you all the time."
I overheard Gerard's skanky girlfriend Gina bitching about me as I walked downstairs to the Way's basement for the guys' band practice.
"Shut the hell up.." I heard Frank mutter under his breath.
I opened the door, said hello to everyone, and sat down on the couch, all without looking at Gina, but I could feel her eyes staring at the back of my head.
Gina was tall, blonde, a cheerleader and a totally rich spoilt bitch, I had no idea how Gerard could tolerate someone so rude and superficial.
Me? I was the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of Gina. Short, dark chestnut-y brown hair (the colour you can't really name, it's just kind of blah), always listening to rock music and wearing dark clothes.
You hear about outcasts like that all the time. A lot of the time though, none of them cross paths.
Lucky for me, I have Gee, Mikey, Frank, Ray and Matt.
I sat in the basement, doing homework, listening to the guys play. After a while, I went upstairs to get myself a drink. On my way back down, I (literally) bumped into Gina.
"Watch where you're going, you gothic tramp."
I rolled my eyes and tried to sidestep around her, but she wouldn't move.
"I see the way you look at MY boyfriend. Back off. He's MINE."
"You don't own him, you know. He's a human being for God's sake. Now move."
I brushed her out of my way.
And that's when things got crazy.
I don't exactly remember too much of that part. All I know is that cow lunged at me, a chunk of my hair went missing and the next thing I know, Gerard was pulling us apart and saying he'd drive me home.
He knew how much Gina and I hated eachother. Anyone could look at us and see we were no Wilma and Betty, gossiping and hanging out whle our boyfriends did their thing.
It also would've helped if I had a boyfriend.
He walked me to my door.
"Annie, I don't know why you and Gina can't just get along." He sighed.
"Gerard, I don't know why you're dating that shallow, superficial bitch."
For the first time in the whole time I'd known him, which was like my whole life, Gerard looked really mad at me.
"Don't ever call her that! If anyone's being the bitch here, it's you!"
I felt genuinely hurt. I gave him a good hard slap, and slammed the door in his face/

*End Flashback*

The next two weeks were the last of my senior year in high school. I pretty much avoided Gerard and Gna, but I'd still hang out with the other guys occasionally. After that, I said goodbye to everyone and packed my bags for college.
That was the last time I saw any of them.