Don't Confuse It, You'll Always Just Be His Prey

Stay The *** Away From Him!

I shifted uncomfortably. People, vampires passed every second. Some looked over at me with concern. Others ignored me all together.

"Are you okay, love?" Ronnie asked from beside me.

I glanced over at him. "F-Fine."

"It's very common for people to feel nervous before going on the stand." The lawyer said. I looked over at his smaller frame. He was one of the smallest doms I had ever seen, but what he lacked in muscle, he made up in brains. He was quite helpful these past few days, going over all of the things I would have to do, what I would have to say, what to wear, and everything else.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Ronnie asked. Similar to the lawyer, Ronnie was trying to be helpful. He still didn't let me do anything on my own, and every single time he had to leave for some reason; there was someone else to watch over me. Occasionally it was Monte or Craig. Frank and Patrick both came on one day that I had no company, but let's not forget Linda. Oh no, she had called every single day, twice a day since I got out of the hospital. I knew it killed her to leave, but school demanded her back or they would tell her parents that she was skipping. So, needless to say, I told her to go back.

"R-Ronnie," I sighed. "I want t-to d-do this."

"Okay," he also sighed. He kissed my forehead before looking back to the lawyer asking him how much longer it should be. The court officer came out, and we went inside.

I gripped Ronnie's hands until my knuckles were white. He gave me a reassuring smile in return. "You'll be fine." He whispered. "I'm going to be right here the entire time."

I nodded my head before stepping past the line of no return.

"Please state your name for the court." An officer said.

"M-Maxwell Gr-Green." I replied.

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?" The officer asked.

I nodded my head. "I do."

"Please take a seat, Mr. Green." The judge said.

I took my seat in front of everyone and wearily looked around. There were people I didn't know. People I'm sure didn't even care about me or this case, but just were here for the show. Ronnie was seated on the bench right behind the prosecutor. He looked concern but when he noticed me looking he tried to smile. It was obvious he was just as nervous as me. My eyes then went over to the other side to see someone I didn't want to see, to see Mortis.

He was dressed in a suit, one that was charming and form fitting. It made him look like less of a monster, a monster that I knew, knew he was. He was smirking at me. I suppressed the shivers that ran down my spine. His lawyer looked over at him with a twist between ambition and disgust. I'm sure he knew Mortis' crimes, and I'm sure he wasn't happy to defend him. At least that's what I liked to think. I didn't want to think anyone would ever want to be in the same breathing space as Mortis. I hated him. I truly and deeply hated him.

There were few people I could say that about. I didn't even hate Tulip. Did I want her to die alone? Yes. Did I hate her? No. Hating people took too much energy out of me. If I hated every single person who berated me when I was human, I wouldn't even have enough will power to get off the floor in the morning. It was too much effort. You couldn't hate everyone. You just couldn't. No one could live like that.

"Mr. Green, will you please tell us what happened May 10th?" The prosecutor asked. He gave me a look that was encouraging almost. We went over this already.

"I-I was kn-knocked out and k-kidnapped." I replied.

He nodded his head. "And, can you please tell the court who did this?"

"H-Him," I said pointing over to the monster. "M-Mortis."

"What happened when you were kidnapped?" He then asked.

"H-He t-touched me, and th-then T-Tulip b-b-b, um, b-beat me." I replied.

"Objection! Tulip is not on trial." The defending lawyer called out.

"You can't call an objection on his testimony, Mr. Smith. You know that." The judge replied. "Please, continue." He then said to us.

"Mr. Green, you said the defendant touched you, where?" The persecutor then asked.

"E-Everywhere." I answered.

"Did you ever tell him no, that you didn't want it?"

"Any s-second I c-could."

"You lying bitch! You loved it!" Mortis screamed. His entire facade dropped in a second.

His body moved faster than a cheetah after its prey. Throwing his body over the table, he ran towards me. A murderous look was in his eyes, and I tried to scramble and get away. I was too slow though. I was always too slow.

With him coming towards me, every single dom in the room was on their feet as well, but none of them could stop him. His filthy hands were on my shoulders in seconds.

"You loved it! You know you did! Come on, baby, stop lying. Just tell them the truth!" He screamed in my face. My body was shook with his words. His spit was hitting the tears falling down my face.

His arms were ripped from my body as he was thrown to the floor. Ronnie stood over him, eyes pitch black, rage coming off in waves so big they could be tsunamis. He was on top off of Mortis quicker than Mortis was on me. Punches being thrown left and right. His knuckles becoming bloody from Mortis broken nose.

"Stay the fuck away from him!" Ronnie roared in his face with violent kicks, punches, jabs thrown at the dom on the floor. "Just stay the fuck away!"

People tried to pull Ronnie away from Mortis. They really did, but it didn't work for a while. When on tried and was thrown away, another was added, and another, and another. Still, after they pried him away, he still screamed, trying to continue to attack him.

They successfully pulled him out of the room and Mortis off the floor. It happened so fast. Why was it happening so fast? I wanted to get out of here. I wanted to get away from these stranger's stares. I wanted to get out, and I wanted to see Ronnie.

"Max? Max? Are you alright?" The lawyer asked. I think I nodded my head. I didn't know. I couldn't process anything. Nothing was making sense. "Come on; let's get you out of here."

My arms were wrapped securely around myself. My legs bounced up and down, faster, and faster every second. We were back on the uncomfortable bench in the hall way. I ripped the tie off my neck and threw it next to me.

"Wh-When can I see R-Ronnie? P-Please, I just want t-to go home." I pleaded.

"It will be any minute now. I'm sure he's on his way as we speak." The lawyer said trying to calm me down. The tears didn't stop falling from my face, and it felt like I was having a seizure with the amount of shaking I was doing.

He lied. I know he did. He knows he did. It wasn't moments. It wasn't minutes. It was hours, or at least what seemed like hours. People continued to pass me. Some would look, and some would just stop and stare, literally stop and stare. I made my skin crawl.

I didn't really know how long it was but after too long, Ronnie came back down the hall. I ran to him, not caring of the people I pushed out of the way. Engulfing him in a massive hug, my sobbing slowed.

I was going to be okay now. This is where I belonged. This is where I was safe. With Ronnie, everything was going to be alright. There was too much bad that there had to be good on the way. There had to be. No one could have this much bad. They just didn't. It had to be okay now. The universe owed me. Everything was going to be fine.