Status: On hiatus, for now.

Hold onto the Feeling

swoon worthy;

Image

Wondering around school seemed like a good idea at the time. It really did. How I managed to get lost in a school I've gone to for years now is beyond me. Maybe it was the fact that I stopped paying attention to where I was going halfway through my walk.

It was around three- thirty and I should have been on my way to football (soccer, for those of you who aren't used to its European name) practice but I had still had a half hour. So, wondering around sounded like a perfect way to kill time. It did, too. I was already fifteen minutes late for practice. I couldn't skip again, either, or else I'd have to run twenty laps around the field. Not an enjoyable task, let me tell you.

I rounded the corner, to find myself in the athletic wing. I sighed in relief, glad to finally recognize something. I pushed open the door of the boy's locker room, a short cut that saved me about five minutes when making my way to the football pitch. Now, usually, the boy's locker room was empty when I went through but that was not the case this time. Instead, I was greeted by a very half-naked Max Jones.

My eyes widened as I stared at his well-toned abs. When he noticed me, he smiled a charming smile.

"Oh, hey, Jess," he said. "What brings you to the... Boy's locker room?"

"Short cut," I squeaked out. I then realized I was still staring at his naked upper half. "I- I'm s-sorr- I'll just- go." I slapped my hand over my eyes and turned around, all intentions of leaving. Instead, I ran right into the door, successfully falling on my butt. I laid back, my hand still obscuring my vision, in defeat as Max began to laugh uncontrollably. How wonderful.

"Are you alright, Jess?" he asked. His voice sounded like it was right up above me, so I assumed he had knelt down beside me.

I removed my hand to see that he had put on a shirt. Thank God. Now I could at least put focus on his face. "Oh, yeah. I'm wonderful. I was just working on a new sport. Do you think Extreme Slamming-Into-Walls will catch on?"

Max laughed. And I nearly had a heart attack. He was laughing at something I said. I could feel my fangirl mode activate. "You're a laugh, you know that?"

I could have died. He thought I was funny! "I- I try."

"Well, it works," he said, still grinning. Swoon worthy. "Hey, what are you doing on Saturday?"

"Probably thinking of a better name for my new sport," I replied. Now I was jut fishing for a laugh. It was like music to my ears when he did. "Nothing, really, though."

"Great. Would like to see a movie with me, then?"

I could feel the blush that was creeping up on my face immediately. Max Jones was asking me on a date! Why was I so happy about that? I just told Becca that I didn't like him two days ago. I would be lying to her and Harry if I said yes to Max. But one little date doesn't mean I fancy him, does it? It couldn't hurt. "Oh, uh, sure. I'd love to. But first, can you help me up? It smells like feet in here."

-----

I ended up having to run the twenty laps anyway, considering I arrived at practice when it was halfway over. It was definitely worth it, though. When I got home, my mother noticed my wonderful mood. I must have looked like a schoolgirl in love.

"Who's the boy?" she asked, with a grin. "Is it Harry? Did he finally admit his undying love for you?"

"Don't be silly," I replied, rolling my eyes. "Why do there have to be a boy? Can't I be happy without there being a boy?"

She arched an eyebrow at me and I cracked. I let out a squeal and told her about what happened with Max. It was like one of those cheesy mother-daughter scenes you see in movies but I didn't care.

"Mom, he is swoon worthy," I said to her, still smiling widely.

Her eyes went wide. "Oh, no. He must be gorgeous. You've only called a few men 'swoon worthy.' Darren Criss, Ryan Gosling, and Robert Downing Jr. What did you say his name was?"

"Oh, he is right there with them," I replied. "Max Jones."

"The boy you used to be in love with when you were younger?" she asked, tilting her head to the side, thinking.

"How did you remember that? I didn't even remember that!"

My mom laughed and shook her head. "You only came home everyday from school talking about the kid like he was the greatest thing ever. That is, until he moved away. Oh, you were so devastated."

It's times like these were I'm not sure whether I'm glad to have a mother who remembers every little thing about me or frightened.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOOOOO IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AND YOU GUYS ARE GETTING AN UPDATE! :D
i'm 18 now if you were wondering. i'm going to try and update my other stories, too, just for the occasion.

i have lots of excuses for not updating. i will now list them:

i'm a senior in high school, so i'm stressing
i got a new kitten and she takes up a lot of my attention
i'm trying (and failing) at having a social life
i got adopted by my step-dad (yay! :D)
i kind of lost inspiration for this story. :(
and others that aren't worth mentioning.
but i'm hopefully back at updating now.

so i'm sorry. have some gifs!
Image
Image
Image