Holding Onto What I'm Feeling

Triumphant

Amanda’s P.O.V.

I quickly left Carly's apartment building. Jeph was standing a little ways down the sidewalk, waiting for me. I could see he was talking to someone, I just couldn't see who it was. Anyways, Carly just made me so mad. Before she left, she had always been able to tell me anything no matter what. Now it seemed like she didn't want me around. She couldn't even tell me why she was upset. When I got next to Jeph, he looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. I looked at who he was talking to and saw that it was Bert.

"Amanda," said Jeph. I looked at him. "Bert was just telling me about this girl he met when he knocked on the wrong apartment door. He was on his way to ask her out to dinner, and he just invited us to come. So, want to go out with them? I think a double date would be fun."

"Yeah," I said. I looked at Bert and smiled. "That would be great."

"Awesome," said Bert. He smiled at me and looked back at Jeph. I immediately blocked out the rest of the conversation and looked at Jeph. He was so great. I know we had only been going out for a day, but I think I already loved him. Well, I have known him for a long time. I don't know how Carly could leave him. I mean, I know why she did. She always told me what happened sometimes. But I'm sure Jeph would have cut back on his drinking if Carly had asked him too.

Bert's P.O.V.

After telling Jeph and Amanda where to meet me, I headed for Carly's apartment building. I probably wouldn't be doing this, but Carly was really beautiful. Any guy would be lucky to haver her. She seemed nice too.

When I reached Carly's apartment door, I knocked quickly and put a smile on my face.

"Surprise," I said, when Carly finally answered the door. She definately looked surprised when she saw me and then she smiled.

"What are you doing here, Bert?" she said.

"I wanted to invite you to dinner tonight," I said. I could see hesitance all over her face.

"I don't know," she said.

"Come on," I said. "Just come tonight, and if you find out that you hate my guts, you'll never see me again. Plus, I invited two of my friends. It'll be fun."

I could tell she was now thinking about it. I found myself wondering what was holding her back. Maybe she was just shy.

"Fine," she finally said. I smiled. "I'll go."

"Great!" I said. "Is 6:30 ok?"

"Yeah," Carly said, smiling a little. "That'll be fine."

"Ok," I said. "Then I'll be back to get you at 6:30. See you later."

"Bye," she said as I was walking away. I smiled triumphantly to myself and hoped 6:30 could come earlier than usual.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait. I was thinking I wasn't going to be able to update today, but I was able to. ^_^ I don't know how often I'll be updating because I have a job now. I start tomorrow. But hopefully I'll still be able to update in less than a week, same for my other story. But I'll update whenever I can :D In the meantime, Feedback please?
-Sally