Holding Onto What I'm Feeling

Nautious

Carly's P.O.V.

Bert arrived at my apartment a little after 6:30.

"Ready to go?" he asked when I opened the door.

"Depends," I said. "Where are we eating?"

"You know that nice Italian restaurant a few blocks from here?" Bert asked. I nodded my head. "Well, we're eating at the shitty diner next to it."

"That diner is not shitty," I said, laughing.

"It is compared to the Italian restaurant next to it," he said.

"Whatever," I said. I stepped out into the hallway of my apartment building and closed and locked my door behind me. "Let's go."

"Ok," Bert said. "I hope you don't mind that we're walking."

"I don't," I said.

-------------------------------------------------------

When we got to the diner, Bert held open the door for me to go in.

"Thanks," I said. I looked around the diner and assumed Bert's friends weren't here yet seeing as everyone who was in the diner was by themselves.

"No problem," he said, smiling. "Let's sit over here."

I followed Bert to a booth and sat on the inside. Bert sat next to me. Our backs were facing the door. A waitress came and gave us each a menu and took our drink order. As we were looking at our menus, I heard the little bell chime that signals someone coming into or leaving the restaurant. I saw Bert turn his head to look out of the corner of my eye.

"Hey dude," Bert said. Over here. I saw two people come over and stand next to the table. Bert started talking to one of them. I finally looked to see who it was and I felt the blood drain from my face. It was Jeph and Amanda. I looked at Amanda, who also looked a bit pale. I looked away. I was going to have to deal with this on my own. I could make it through dinner. I just had to try and not make any eye contact with Jeph.

"Oh Jeph," I heard Bert say. "This is Carly. The girl I was telling you about earlier."

I looked at Jeph and at the same time he looked at me, unfortunately making eye contact. I saw his smile falter for a second.

"Nice to meet you," he said.

"Same here," I said, forcing a small smile that didn't last long. I was starting to feel really nervous and really nautious. Amanda slid into the seat across from me and Jeph sat down next to her. Bert started talking to Jeph again, but I knew Jeph was still staring at me. I looked at Amanda, who also knew Jeph was looking at me and she looked worried.

"Bert," I said. Bert looked at me. "I have to go. I don't feel well."

Without waiting for a reply, I climbed over Bert and rushed out of the diner. I went straight to a nearby ally and threw up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, I'm a little mad now. I've been writing and storing my story in the Drafts section, and I had just finished typing up the first version of this chapter and I went to delete something and it went back instead of deleting. So I had to rewrite this chapter T_T I'm very upset. I think this 2nd version isn't as good as the first version. I just want to cry ; ; lol
Cheer me up with some comments please? *gives puppy dog eyes*
-Sally