Being Someone Different

Jazz

“So, the one day that I manage to miss school, you end up in a food fight and some type of musical punishment detention thing with Gabe? The guy you ‘hate’ but I know you think he is ravishing.”

“More like disgusting!” Mitchy yelled as we pushed open the school doors. I stepped in front of her and attempted to cross my arms but the stupid sprain thing was getting in the way so I gave up. Mitchy had an amused look on her face.

“Shut up! This is not funny, Mitchy! You know I’ve always wanted to get in a food fight!” I whined as I looked at her. She couldn’t contain her laughter anymore. It spilled from her mouth and her entire face lit up. Mitchy’s laugh was completely different from her. It was sweet, and innocent.

“It is! Your fail at attempting to cross your arms was hilarious. And your face! Ha! Priceless!” I stuck my tongue out at her, turned on my heel and stomped down the hall.

“No! Don’t leave me with these people!” Mitchy bellowed down the hall. People turned and gave her a weird look as she jogged to catch up with me. I finally got to my locker, where Ty and Jay were waiting.

“What the fuck? Didn’t we discuss this yesterday, Mitchy? We won that bet!” I groaned, put my combo in, picked up the piece of paper that fell out, then turned to Jay and Ty.

“Chill guys, you can take us shopping this weekend.” Mitchy was staring across the hall at someone as I opened the paper.

“What’s that?” Jay asked. I shrugged and read it to myself.

Oh Jasmine. I wish you fell on your face instead of your arm. Next time I catch my boyfriend staring at you, I’ll make sure to hurt you. Love, Mary Jane Louis.

I groaned and handed them the paper as I started to get the books I needed. Mary Jane Louis…She was one of my best friends until freshman year. That year was seriously the worst year of my life. She began changing...By changing I mean, she acted completely different. First, she started hanging out with Stacy. Then, she began spreading rumors about me, saying that I slept with this person and that person. Mitchy, who has always been another best friend of mines, found out and beat the shit out of Mary. Now, Mary hates us. She even decided to steal my boyfriend, Thomas, and turn him into one of the Pops. Lately though, he has been checking me out…which I don’t get.

“Wow, jealous much.” Jay said as he handed me back the paper.

“Hey it’s almost time for class, I’ll see ya’ll later.” Ty said with a glance at Mitchy. I looked over to her and she was still transfixed in the same spot. Ty left…with Jay following him…and I pinched Mitchy on the ass.

“What the hell?!” She jumped and looked at me. I snickered and told her to get her things and go to class.

“And stop staring at Donovan’s trousers!” I yelled at her as I walked away. Everyone looked at us as she flicked me off.

“Hey, I can’t help it!”

*

“So, I’m rewriting A Midsummer’s Night Dream?” I asked Gavin and Tara. They nodded and I sighed.

“Ugh, I hate Shakespeare.” I muttered as I pulled out some paper. It was my job to write and direct the piece, and Gavin’s and Tara’s job to act it out. The assignment was due a month for now, at the end of final semester as our final grade.

“So…” Gavin said across from me. I looked up from the book in my hands to him.

“What happened to your arm?” I looked down at the wrist brace I was forced to wear by my doctor. Ty, Jay, and Mitchy each decided to sign it when I got home last night. Let’s just say I need to keep on the sling or I would be suspended.

“I was skateboarding and this little kid got in my way, so instead of ramming into him, I jumped off my board and…well, you can see the outcome.” He nodded and I went back to attempting to understand the gibberish in the book. After a few more seconds I groaned and slammed the book against the desk. Tara, who was sitting in front of me, jumped slightly.

“This shit is retarded.” I muttered under my breath then sat up in my seat.

“Hey Tara, Gavin?” They each turned my way.

“Do you guys just want to pick a scene than I’ll direct and write and shit?”

“But, you’re supposed to pick the scene. That’s what the directions say.” Tara said softly. I sighed again and rubbed my face with my good arm.

“How about I just go home and do this shit, then I’ll give it to you tomorrow?” They both nodded and another awkward silence engulfed us.

“So…I like your hat, Tara.” Her face turned beet red and she nodded. Giving up all hope on getting her to communicate, I turned to Gavin.

“I hear you’re in that band with that one kid. Gabe, right?” Gavin’s entire face lit up at the mention of music.

“Yea, we’re called The GGGG’s. How did you know that? You don’t seem the type to watch what Pops are doing.”

“I don’t, but my locker is next to some fan girls, so you can’t help but notice.” He smiled.

“Aren’t you in a band too? With your friends?”

“Yes sir. We’re still untitled at the moment.”

“Maybe one day we can share lyrics?”

“Ha, maybe. No promises though.”

Then the bell rang, cutting through our conversation. We said our goodbyes to each other, than to Tara, and went our separate ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
In all honesty I like the new Mibba...except for the story layout. It still needs some work lol

But anyway, this is pretty much a filler but it isn’t at the same time lol Its some important shit in this here chapter that is going to be used later…Hope ya’ll enjoyed and sorry for the wait. I’m a lazy bum. Feedback is much appreciated! <3