Status: slow updates

Ice

On an office desk

Ice 13

Aurelie POV

I was sitting in my office after the girls left from practice, signing some papers the arena manager gave me, when there was a knock on the door. 

I rubbed my temples and didn't bother to look up," Come in!"

I heard the door open and footsteps, and then a delicious smell. 

Being that I was starved, I looked up to see Kris holding two take out bags from Izzo's Illegal Burrito. 

I smiled," You have no idea how happy I am to see you...especially holding food. "

Kris laughed, setting down the paper bags in my desk, moving to walk behind me. 

I felt his hands on my shoulders and sighed when he started to rub the knots out my neck. 

" You are a saint." I whispered, grabbing a burrito out of the bag. 

Taking a bite, I moaned. 

Delicious. 

" Well, I learned something today. "

" Oh really?" I asked," Was it interesting?" 

He made a "mhmm" sound from behind me. 

" It's about you and Mario"

I stiffened. " Yeah?"

He stopped rubbing my neck, and moved around to my right to sit on my desk. 

I rested my elbows on his knees. 

" Why didn't you tell me Mario was your godfather?"

I groaned, chewing," It wasn't relevant at the time. "

Kris scoffed, playing with the ends of my hair. 

" Not relevant? Mario owns my team, sweetheart. "

I nodded," I know. Sorry. I just...don't have the best relationship with him. "

" yes he told me that. "

I looked up," Are you trying to accuse me of something? Because I've had a hard day. I'm not in the mood for that. "

Kris sighed, leaning down to kiss the top of my head. 
" I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound so harsh. What's wrong?"

What's wrong?
I'm a failure at life, that's what's wrong. 

" I think it finally hit me - that I'll never compete again. " I said in a shaky breath. 

Kris frowned, his dark hair falling in his face.
" I'm sure things will get better. There's other things in the world beside skating. "

And that's when I blew up," Are you kidding me?! Skating is my life! I don't know how to do anything else! I have no clue how to be a girlfriend! No idea how to coach a team! No clue how to be a good friend! Who am I without skating??!! No one! I'm a nobody! A failure!"
By the end I was crying, my face soaked with tears. 

Kris pulled me up out of the chair, holding me in his arms until I calmed. 

" I know who you are" he smiles softly, wiping my cheeks with the pad of his thumb. "You're passionate, you're determined. You're a wonderful cook. You're  have a wicked sense of humor. You get along with my team. You, Aurelie, are perfect the way you are. You don't need anything else."

I sniffled, kissing him gently. 
" I need you, don't I? I'm a mess without you" I whispered. 

He grinned, capturing my lips with his as we kissed furiously, and all of the sudden, I was pushed to my back on my desk, on top of all my papers. 

" Ive always wanted to have sex on an office desk" kris whispered into my ear. 

I shivered, nodding with a wicked smile.