Status: slow updates

Ice

Royally Screwed

Nothingness.
Can you imagine it? Fathom it?
Comprehend it?
No thoughts, no sights, smells, images.
Just strange, dark, silent existence.

I was surrounded by nothingness.

And slowly, the nothingness faded.
It started with feeling; i could feel that i was lying down, and there was a weight on my chest.
An aching in my stomach.

Then sounds.
I could hear a steady beeping, and then whispers. I could hear my name being mentioned.
I heard footsteps in a far beyond place.

I could smell now.
I could smell Kris's familiar cologne near me, covered by the over whelming hospital smell: Bleach and antiseptic.

My eyes opened, but my vision was blurry.
I coughed.

The blur cleared, and all of the sudden i had so much rushed at me all together.

Kris's face was right in mine, eyes string at me.

Sidney was playing with the fingers on my other hand, glaring at the end of my bed, where Julia sat, glaring back.

" Aury? Aury, sweetie are you okay? Can you hear me?" Kris rambled.

" Welcome back, Comatosis," Jules greeted, sarcastic as always.

Sidney just smiled.

" Hey" my voice rasped." What happened?" I asked.

Kris placed a kiss on my forehead,' You passed out. You've been out for a couple hours. The doctors cleared me a few hours ago and i've been here ever since. Sidney went and picked up Julia for you, i figured you'd want to see her."

I nodded, sending a smile to Sidney and kicking Julia lightly under the thin blankets.
" Hey there, killer." I called. Julia rolled her eyes.

" That was one time. You can't let it go? Just one time?" she whined.

Sidney's eyes widened,'' You killed someone?" he asked, shocked.

Jules rolled her eyes again, huffing,'' No, stupid. But i fucked his pretty little face up, though. Shit man, he deserved it."

I rose an eyebrow," Oh really? And what did he do to you again?" i asked sarcastically, already knowing the answer.

The sniffed, tossing her hair over her shoulder," He looked at me funny"

Kris laughed," Julia, you have anger issues."

She nodded, shrugging,' Yeah. Sure i do. But everyone has issues. Aury's a control freak, you're a slob, and Captain over here has a pea brain. Guess we're all screwed." she smirked.

Sid scowled, but before he could respond, a man in a white doctor's coat walked in, knocking on the door as he entered.

" Mr. and Mrs. Letang?" He asked.

Kris and i looked over at him,
" I need to speak with you two, alone."

Kris and i shared a worried look, and Sid and Julia walked out slowly, looking back at us over their shoulders as they went into the hall.

The man smiled," Hello, I'm Dr. Weiss. How are you feeling...Aurelie?" He asked, checking his charts.

I shrugged," Fine," Kris squeezed my hand," Kind of nauseous. And hungry. No biggie." I answered.

" Is Aury okay?" Kris asked quietly, looking back down at me.

" Well yes," Dr. Weiss answered," Blood pressure is a bit high for her condition, but other than that it was a simply dizzy spell, exhaustion." he explained, making me frown.

" My condition?" I asked, confused.

His brow furrowed, looking back down at his clipboard, " You don't know?"

My heart sped up," Know what?"

Dr. Weiss smiled," Mr. Letang, you're pregnant, 4 months. Congratulations."

My eyes bulged out of my head.

" What?!" Kris exclaimed, " Aury?" he looked down at me," You didn't know?"

i shook my head, throat dry,'Non! No! I mean, there were never any signs! No morning sickness, no swings, no gained weight, missed periods....." i drifted off.

The doctor sighed," Some women never experience morning sickness, and for the first few months, bleeding, or spotting is common. If you haven't gained weight yet, it is probable you will experience significant weight gain very soon.As far as mood swings go, they could be mild, hardly noticeable. But you are pregnant, Mrs. Letang. I'll prescribe you some prenatal vitamins, and something to help stabilize your blood pressure. I suggest limited activity if not bed rest, for at least a week. When you leave, see the nurse at the desk about making an appoint meant for the OBGYN. I'll leave you to your thoughts."

My eyes were watering as he left, and i looked up at Kris, who was equally as shocked," Kris? What are you thinking?"

He licked his lips, reached his hand down, resting it over my stomach.
Sure enough, there was a slight raised curve to my stomach, but i had though it to be all of the junk food i ate today and bloating.

" Four months and we didn't know" He whispered. His dark eyes snapped over at mine.

" Il est fou" he said. ( This is crazy) I nodded.

" What, what are going to do?" I asked tentatively.

He smiled," Go out, and buy a crib."

I smiled a watery smile, leaning over and kissing him.

We shared a gentle, loving kiss.

" This is all happening way to fast. " I admitted, staring at the ceiling.

Kris slipped his hand into mine, making me look over at him.

" I though this is what you wanted?" He asked, frowning.

I nodded slowly,' It is. It is. But, i had no idea it would happen this quickly, like this. "

" Do you want his baby?" He asked quickly.

My eyes widened," Yes! Yes i do. I'm just overwhelmed. It hasn't sank in yet."

Kris leaned over and kissed me again.

" So whats the verdict, Amigo?" Jules asked just then, walking in with Sidney behind her.

She took one look at our watery eyes and took it the wrong way.

" Oh my god. Its bad, right? Well fuck. Cancer? TB? HIV? Ebola?" She sputtered, panicking.

Sidney elbowed her, shaking his head.

I let out a nervous chuckle.

" No. I'm pregnant. Apparently i have been for a while" I answered.

Both of them looked shocked.

Sidney mustered up his words first," H-How long is a while?"

Kris sighed, running a hand through his hair," Four months?"

I looked over to Julia," You okay?"

Her eyes were still wide.
She snapped out of it, smiling wide.

" You whore! I'm so excited! This is going to be the sexiest kid ever!" she yelled.

The three of us looked over at her, surprised.

" What?" She snapped," Just saying."

There was a pause.

" Your parents know?" Sidney asked.

The world stopped spinning.

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck .

No. Not only do they not know about the baby. They don't even know we're married.

" Merde!" Kris spat.

I nodded solemnly, " Oui"

" You two are royally screwed" Julia smirked.

I threw her a glared, she just smiled, blowing me a kiss.

I rolled my eyes.

Kris and i shared a look.

" Well this'll be a fun phone call!"
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its so short! But i just needed to get his out and didn't have a lot of time!