Status: slow updates

Ice

What's in it for you?

Ice 3

Aurelie POV

At noon I made my way back to the Civic Arena, ready to start today's practice. 

When i walked into my office though, I was greeted with a sight I hadn't seen in years. 

" Leelee" Mario greeted, standing up. 

I stiffened. " Why are you here?" I set my bag down and leaned against the doorway. 

I had already dressed in my blue leotard, tights, and had my shoulder length blond hair pulled up into a tight bun. My skates were in my bag and I wore flats for now. 

" I heard from one of the players that you were in America. "

I scoffed,"Kris Letang."

He laughed,nodding. 

"You really haven't changed have you,Lee?"

I flinched. "You and Henri both, you have to stop calling me that. I'm not five. "

Mario smiled at me, getting up. "I'm your godfather, Lee. I can call you whatever I like. "

I nodded. I looked down and stared at my feet. 

"It's coming up soon again. " he acknowledged. 

I sniffed,"Yeah. I've been trying to avoid thinking about it. "

He sighed,"Well, I won't keep you. But, tell your Henri to give me a call, oui? I haven't heard from him in a while. Bye, Leelee. "

Mario kissed my forehead on his way out. 

"Bye Mario. " I whispered. 

I grabbed my skates and went down the hall, turning the corner to the rink. 

All five girls were all ready here, warming up 

Ashley, Erica, Michelle, Sara, and Danielle. All ranging from 14 to 17.

"Girls!" I yelled. They all stopped, lining up. 

I leaned against the rink wall, watching. 

" Today we're doing lutzes. Triples. "

They all groaned. 
I rose an eyebrow. 

" Oh? Don't like that? Well you're about to really hate it. Because to begin, we start with suicides. Test your endurance. Go!" I blew my whistle. 

They took off into suicides, running the length of the full size rink. 

While they worked, I sat down and laced my skates. 
When I was done, I skated out onto the rink. 

I blew the whistle. 

The girls stopped. 
I skated a circle around them, pulling into a 3rd formation and dropped a triple lutz. 

The girls clapped. 

" Now, copy that. "

I moved out of the way to lean on the wall. 

And I watched at Sara, the youngest, fell. 

I groaned. This is gonna be a long day. 

>>>Five hours later<<<

" Nine am tomorrow girls!"
I yelled as they all left together. 

I sighed, sitting down on the bench. 

My phone rang. 

"oui?"
"Bon soir, Aurelie!" Henri answered. (good evening)
I smiled. 
" Bon Soir. Ca va?" (good evening. How are you?)
"ehhh...je suis dieu. Qu'est-ce ce passe?" (I'm doing good. What's going on?)

I gathered my things, leaving towards the exit. 

" je suis juste de quitte la travail. C'etait une longue journee. " ( I'm just leaving work. It was a long day) I answered. 

He scoffed,"Jen suis sur. Etes-vous toujours la formation de ces  enfants? Quand rienvas-tu?" (I'm sure. Are you still training those kids? When are you coming home?)

I opened the door to the parking lot and glared, narrowing my eyes. 

"Henri? Je vais avoir a vous rappeler. Bye. " (I'm going to have to call you back. )

I hung up and stormed toward my car. 

" What are you doing here, you steroid abusing swine? Did you not get the message this morning?!!?" I yelled. 

Letang pulled himself my car, scoffing. 

" Hello to you too. I just came here to apologize about this morning because I think we got off on the wrong foot. "

I rolled my eyes," Can you please move. I would like to go home. "

He smiled charmingly," Sure...if you agree 
to go out to dinner with me. "

" What?!?" I yelled. 
I shook my head. " No. Now move. "

He laughed," Not until you go out to dinner with me. Tonight. C'mon Aurelie. S'il vous plait?"
(please)

I narrowed my eyes,"If I say yes will you leave me alone?" I bargained. 

He frowned. " If that's what it takes. "

I smirked,"Fine. Let's go. " I threw my bag into my car, slipped on my jeans over my leotard and my ballet flats. 

He rose an eyebrow. "Ok?"

I opened the door to his car, sliding in the passenger side of the restored 71 Cutlass. 

He got in the drivers side, cranking the engine. 

This is a nice car. 
Though I would never say that out loud. 

" Where are we going?" I asked. 

He smiled. 
"C'est une surprise!"

I rolled my eyes. 
"Of course"

Ten minutes later, though, we were pulling up to a rather large house. 

" C'est vous la maison? I asked. 
(is this your house?)

He nodded, parking in the driveway. 

"Why are we here? I thought we were having dinner. What are you doing?" I fired off. 

He laughed. " Calm down, Aurelie. We're still having dinner. I'm quite a good cook, if I do say so myself. "

I rose an eyebrow but nodded, following him into his house. 

"Is this the part were you rape and murder me?" I asked.

The room was dark and as he flipped the light switch. 
"murder, no. Rape? Well...can't call it that if I have you begging." he whispered in my ear. 

Regretfully, I shivered. 

He smirked, pulling me into his kitchen. 

I leaned against the counter as I watched him pull out chicken from the fridge and put it in a pan with olive oil. 

" So tell me about yourself. " he asked. 
"Why should I? After tonight you will never see me again. There's no point. "

He sighed, setting down the spatula and turning to me. 

" Why are you such a bitch?" 

My jaw dropped " What? Excuse me?"

He stepped towards me,"You heard me. Why are you such a bitch? Is it that bad that I want to get to know you?" 

I stiffened. " Why are you trying? What's in it for you?"

He stared at me, boxing me in on the counter as he leaned into me. " I don't know yet."

And then he pulled away, going back to the stove.