Status: slow updates

Ice

I googled her.

Ice 4

"did you poison this? Should I be worried?" I asked Kris, dubiously eyeing the (delicious looking) dinner. 

He groaned,"Ma Bella, s'il vous plait!! Do you trust anyone?"

I rose an eyebrow, taking a bite of the chicken. I could feel his eyes watching my face for a reaction as I restrained myself from moaning out loud. 

Sacre bleu! Delicious!

"so?" he asked jokingly. 
His dark chocolate eyes glinted with a mixture of humor and lust. 
Deadly combination. 

"it's...." I swallowed, twirling my fork in my hand," Decent. "

He smirked,shaking his head. 
"You are ridiculous. "

My eyebrows shot strait up. 
" Excuse me?!" 

He just laughed. 
It was a sexy, gut busting, full laugh. It was real. 

" You. You have this whole ice queen,diva thing. It's kinda cute. But do you ever get tired of it? Of being alone?"

Who the hell does he think is?
I haven't known him a day and he already thinks he knows me. 

"I think I should go." i said, standing up from the table. 

Kris got out of his seat, running around to my side before I could go anywhere. 

"Wait,wait. Je regrette! I didnt mean any offense. Sorry. Don't go."I felt his warm palm on my shoulder and my eyes closed momentarily. 

Snap out of it, Aurelie. 

I nodded, but looked to the clock. 

"it's eight thirty, I have to get up at three. I need to go home. "

His eyes softened, and he ran a hand through his silky hair, my eyes following the movement.

" Your car is still at the Civic. I'll take you there. "

He grabbed his jacket, shrugging it on and I watched and waited patiently, silently. 

" Are you done yet?" I finally asked as he patted his pockets for the keys. "table, by the door. " I answered for him. 

He rose an eyebrow, strutting down the hall to the door and there, on top of the small glass table, were his keys. 

" How did you remember that? I can't even remember and they're mine!"

I shrugged.

He smiled,"Okay, let's go. Oui?" 

I nodded, stepping out the door as he opened it, shutting it after he exited as well. 

I climbed inside the beautiful metal specimen of a car and waited for him to lock his front door. 

"It is strange. " I said, once he got in. 

" What is?" he asked, cranking the engine, letting it roar to life then settle into a quiet purr. 

I almost smiled, but held it back. " Locking doors. Back in France, I never had to worry about things like that. Americans, you can't trust most of them. "

He chuckled, backing out of his driveway. 

" Ehh, some of them are okay."

I closed my eyes, leaning my head against the cool window, and felt myself doze off. 

When I woke up it was morning, and I was laying in my bed. 

What?

Slowly I drug myself out of bed, and looked out the window, seeing my car in the lot down below the apartment building. 

Did yesterday happen. 

I stepped slowly out of my room and into the den area, seeing my roommate Julia sitting at the table in the kitchen, eating cereal 

" Good morning, sleeping beauty. " she droned. 

I wet my lips, coughing,"Morning?"

Julia looked my way, smirking. 
" You better be grateful I had a late night in, or I would have never came. "

I rose an eyebrow,"Huh?"

She sighed,"Oh, I forgot, when you sleep you are dead to the world. Let me guess, you're wondering how you got home?"

I nodded, grabbing a mug and pouring some coffee. 

Julia shoveled a spoon of Cheerios in her mouth,"Well,princess, at about nine, I get a call from some guy named Kristipher, sexy accent, saying you fell asleep on the way back to the civic, and he convinced me to catch a taxi over there and take your car to drive you home. How considerate? little did I know it was KRIS LETANG of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Huh. Guess you had a fun night. Passed out right after?" she smirked. 

My jaw dropped. Kris called her to take me home?

I sat down at the table, silent. "It wasn't like that. We didn't have sex. Just dinner. I don't even like him. "

She rose an eyebrow, chuckling,"Whatever you say, sunshine. But hey, you don't have to like someone to fuck them. Remember that. " she winked. 

I cringed at her crude American humor. 
Uncivilized. Ugh. 

I glanced up at the clock. 
7:30am. 

"Shit!! Sacre Bleu!!" I jumped up, running around like a madman getting all my things together and running out to the car. 

I was supposed to be at the Civic an hour ago!

I drove recklessly, luckily not getting a ticket, and ten minutes later I pulled up at the arena. 

Running inside, panting, I reached the rink. 

The girls were all there. 
They're loyal, I'll give them that. 

" Where have you been, Ms. Girad? Are you okay?" the youngest girl, Sara, asked. 

I caught my breath,"Oui. Girls, I    am so, so s-sorry I am late. It it inexcusable, please, forgi-"

One of the older girls,Danielle, cleared her throat, gesturing with her eyes to the benches. 

Kris sat there, looking amused, holding two cups of coffee. 

I narrowed my eyes,"You! You-You..."

"Me?Me what? I think you should be thanking me. " he got up, walking over and handing me one of the coffees. 

I glared at him. 

The girls giggled when he smiled. 

I handed Ashley the coffee, and grabbed Kris's arm, pulling him with me around the corner. 

" Ow! Hey! That's my shooting arm! You know, ma chere, for a girl you are unusually strong!" he complained. 

I huffed,"Okay, look. You will STOP showing up here. You will NOT talk to me. You will leave me ALONE. Are we clear?" I asked through gritted teeth. 

He grinned, shaking his beautiful head, leaning against the wall. 

"No. We're not. Why won't you let us be friends?"
 
I rolled my eyes. "There is no us. We are not friends. Guys like you could never be friends with a girl. "

He smirked, playing with a piece of my hair as I spoke, before I slapped his hand away. 

" Okay, you caught me. I don't want to be friends. " this took me by surprise. "I want to be more" he stepped closer and closer to me, until my back hit the wall,"I want to kiss you. Take you out. Love you," he whispered in my ear,"all of you." his hot breath on my face made my knees weak, shaking. 

His lips grazed my neck and I fought  not to moan. 

" Why won't you let me? Don't you want me?" he asked. 

I snapped out of it, pushing him off me and away. 

" Tu es tres un egoiste! Asshole. No! I do not want you! Je n'aime pas tu! Leave me be! You promised you would leave me alone if we had dinner. We did. Now be a man of your word an leave me alone!" I stormed off to the rink, not looking back. 

(you are so full of yourself!)(I do not like you!)

"Ms Girad?" Danielle asked nervously. 

I shook my head, taking my coffee from Ashley, gulping down a sip. 

I frowned. 
Good coffee. 

Kris POV

I grinned as she stomped off angrily, turning the corner. 

Turning around, I exited the arena, and went to my car. 

I drove to the Consol quietly, planning my next move with Aurelie. 

Why can't I get her out of my head?
I've never wanted anyone this bad? No woman has tormented me so. 

"Tanger! How'd it go?" Dupuis asked as I entered the locker room. 

I threw my bag down on the bench under my stall, wiping my face. 

" Not so good" I answered. 

" So why you smile?" Evgeni asked. 

I shrugged at the big Russian. 
" I'm one step closer. " 

" Why do you really want her? Is it just for sex?"
Sid asked. 

Jordan glared at him, rolling his eyes,"There's nothing wrong with just sex, Crosby. "

He frowned at him.
I shook my head,"No, no. Not just sex. I mean- yes I want her, but not only for that, she's so beautiful, but she's firery and...well...I googled her."

Fleury choked on laughter,"What was that? Come again?"

I sighed, " I googled her. I was curious!"

Sid chuckled, lacing his skates," And?find anything interesting?" 

" Ehh, she has a brother, Henri. Catholic. She's 22."
I frowned,"Found out why she retired so early."

He looked up, waiting. 
A couple other guys looked over too. 

" the day her parents died, was the last night of Worlds, a big international competition. She found out right before her skate, but went on the ice anyway. Messed up- bad" I flinched,"got hurt. Torn ACL, broken shin, shattered knee cap, she can never compete again. "

" Damn" Staal wheezed, rubbing his knee. 

I nodded, standing up fully dressed and grabbed my stick. 

" I just have to be persistent. She'll give in. She has to. "

Geno slapped me on the back as we all walked into the rink. 
" Good luck Kris. You get girl, you'll see. "

I smiled. " Thanks Geno. "

He nodded, and stepped onto the ice. 

I followed him, grinning as my skates his the polished, frozen ice. 

At least I have this. This is my place to relax. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments! Subscribe! Appreciate!