Family Matters

Chapter Six

After the cookout and everyone left I sat on the couch and curled up on Ryan’s side. The boys are in bed and it is 1:30 in the morning. I hold the hand of Ryan’s arm that is around my waist. I looked at the TV, and sighed.

“What’s wrong?” Ryan asked.

“Evie asked a really interesting question earlier.” I said. He down at me.

“And what was that question?” He asked.

“She asked if we were gonna have any more kids.” I said. He sat there quiet for a few minutes.

“That would be up to you.” He said. I sat up and looked at him.

“I know, and I do want more kids, I just want to focus on my job.” I said. Ryan looked in my eyes.

“You really want another kid don’t you?” He asked with a smirk. I looked at him and bit my bottom lip.

“I’ve always wanted a daughter.” I confessed.

“I know, everytime you were pregnant you hoped for a girl, but always ended up with a boy.” He grinned.

“And it’s all your fault.” I said.

“Hey half of you is in them too.” He said.

“Yeah, but I don’t decide what the sex is.” I said. He laughed.

“Neither do I.” He laughed. I giggled and looked at him.

“If we were to have another kid, we’d have to move.” I said. He crunched his eye brows.

“Why?” He asked.

“Um, three bed rooms, three boys, new baby, we’d need to move.” I said. He thought for a second and nodded.

“Yeah. How about this, when your leg heals, we can try for another baby.” He said. I looked at him and nodded.

“Sounds like a deal.” I said and held out my hand.

“Come here.” He said and pulled me to him. I planted my lips on his and he put his hands on my hips. I straddled him and put my arms around his neck. He moved his hands up to my sides and, tickled me. I pulled away and burst out laughing. He smirked and continued tickling me.

“Ryan, you jerk.” I said and slapped his shoulder. I heard someone breath from the stairs. I looked up and saw Jace sitting on the stairs with his bear. I pointed and Ryan looked.

“What’s up Jace.” He said. Jace just jutted out his bottom lip and sniffled. Ryan got up and walked over to him. Jace looked up at him and his jaw quiverred. Ryan bent over and picked him up. Jace put his head in Ryan’s neck and cried. They walked back over and Ryan sat down. I shifted so I was sitting up. Jace looked at me and his face was shiney.

“Did you have a bad dream?” I asked. He nodded in Ryan’s neck.

“You wanna sleep with mommy and daddy tonight?” I asked. He nodded and cried more. I looked at Ryan and he nodded. We stood and Ryan went ahead of me and walked upstairs. I turned off the TV and turned off the lights and walked up the stairs. I walked into my room and Ryan was putting Jace down in the middle. I nodded and turned and walked out and looked in Deryk’s room. He was facing the wall and had his legs bent. I smiled and closed the door most of the way. Kai was probably in there. I walked to Ben and Jace’s room. I opened the door and saw Ben, on his back, his arms behind his head and his legs straight next to each other. I nodded and looked at Jace’s bed the blankets were all the way against the wall. I walked in and grabbed his blanket and walked out, closing the door behind me. I walked back to my room and Jace was crying into the pillow. I walked over and climbed in the bed.

“Baby, don’t cry. Come here.” I said. He turned and looked at me and scooted over and wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him and looked at Ryan. He sighed and changed his shirt. I laid down and turned off my light and covered me and Jace. Jace cried into me for a few moments before getting quiet. I looked down at him and he was asleep. I laid down on the pillow and Ryan got in bed. I sighed and smiled. He nodded and turned off his light.

The next morning. I opened my eyes to Jace half on top of me half on the bed. I yawned and looked over to Ryan’s spot. He wasn’t there. I looked at the clock and it said nine thirty. I moved Jace and got up. I walked out and downstairs. I went to the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee before realizing, Deryk and Ben aren’t here. I looked around and looked at the calander.

“Duh, it’s Monday.” I said. I grabbed my coffee and went to my office and closed the door. I went to my computer and went online. I should probably search for a house. I pulled my good leg up and scrolled. The door to my office opened and I saw Kai out of the corner of my eye. She looked up at me and I put my hand down and she rubbed her nose on it. I scratched her head and continued searching.

“Karli, where are you?” I heard Ryan ask.

“In my office.” I said. He walked in shortly after and walked over.

“I dropped the boys off at school and went to Nick’s and got a whole shit load of empty boxes.” He said. I nodded and looked at the screen.

“What you looking at?” He asked.

“A house. I really like this one.” I said.

“It looks ok. How much?” He asked.

“A little over a Million, but we can drop the price. You are Ryan Sheckler, you have power.” I said. He nodded and put his fingers under my chin and pulled my head up and kissed me.

“I should go check on Jace.” I said. He nodded and I got up and walked out. Kai following close behind. I walked to my room and saw Jace sitting up rubbing his eyes. His hair out everywhere. I laughed and walked up to him. He looked at me and put his arms out. I picked him up and we walked downstairs.

“You hungry?” I asked. He nodded and I got started with making waffles. Ryan walked in and went to the fridge and grabbed a Monster and walked to the garage. I grabbed a plate and the syrup and the waffles and set it in front of Jace.

“Eat nicely.” I said. He nodded and dug in. I opened the garage door and saw Ryan working on the old Camaro he bought and is restoring.

“So, how far do you have left?” I asked. He came out from under it and looked at me, his face having a little grease on it.

“Um, I’m almost done building the engine. So, not too long. After the engines done, I’m gonna do a test drive then take it to the paint shop. Once this baby’s done, I’m giving it to Deryk.” He said. I nodded and sipped my coffee. Ryan smiled and went back under. I heard the phone ring in the house and walked inside, the door closing behind me. I went to the phone and looked at Jace. He was just about done with his food. I grabbed the phone and hit TALK.

“Hello.” I said.

“Can I speak to a Mr. Ryan Sheckler or a Mrs. Karli Sheckler?” I heard.

“Um, this is Karli, can I ask who’s speaking?” I asked.

“This is the principle of San Clemente High School.” He said.

“OK? And why are you calling?” I asked.

“I have a miss Josephina Gaskarth here and I couldn’t get ahold of her parents.” He said. I sighed and walked over by Jace.

“Would you like me to come down and get her?” I asked.

“If you would. She has been suspended for one week.” He said. I put Jace’s dish in the sink.

“Can I ask why?” I asked.

“I would like to wait until you are here.” He said.

“Alright, I’ll be there soon.” I said. I hit END and grabbed Jace and brought him upstairs. I changed him quickly and changed myself. We walked downstairs and I grabbed my keys and purse and grabbed Jace’s hand and walked out of the house through the garage door. I got Jace in Ryan’s car and closed the door.

“Where ya going?” Ryan asked.

“To go get Josie from school.” I sighed.

“Why?” He asked.

“She’s suspended, and the principle couldn’t get a hold of Alex or Evie, so they called us.” I said. He nodded and wiped his hand on a grease towel. I got into the car and hit the garage door button and started the car. I buckled and pulled out. Ryan hit the button in the garage to close the door and I drove down the road. Jace was watching the outside.

When I got into the parking lot of the school, I found and spot and got out, grabbing Jace and going into the school. I walked to the office, Jace’s hand in mine, the students were walking through the halls and Jace was freaking out slightly. Some girls smiled at Jace, and some said hi, they know Deryk. I walked into the office and went to the front desk.

“I’m here to see the principle.” I said. The lady pointed to an office and I smiled, thanking her. I walked to the door and knocked twice. The door opened and I saw Josie sitting in a chair her arms crossed. I gave her a look and she looked down.

“Hello Mrs. Sheckler.” The principle said.

“Hi, now, what did Josie do?” I asked, sitting in a chair, pulling Jace on my lap.

“One of the teachers here found her engaged in intercourse with a Mr. Matthew Rayce in an empty classroom.” He said. I took a breath and looked at him.

“Oh, any thing else?” I asked.

“Not only was she doing that, but she has missed so much school, we marked her truent and she hasn’t paid the tickets.” He said.

“Tickets?” I asked.

“She has four of them.” He said. I looked at her.

“Josie, does your father know about this?” I asked. She looked at me and swallowed.

“By that reaction, I’m guessing no. So she’s suspended for a week?” I asked. He nodded.

“Ok. Now, being curious, because she has missed so much school, would she graduate on time?” I asked.

“Well, if she keeps going on like this, she would have only 12 credits, and she need 22 to graduate.” He said. I nodded.

“So if she took either online or summer school, she would graduate on time?” I asked. He nodded.

“Alright, well thank you, I’m going to take her home now.” I said. He nodded and stood, shaking my hand. I grabbed her arm, and Jace’s hand and walked out. We left the office and the school, and went to the car. She got in while I put Jace in his car seat. When I finished with him I closed the door and got in myself. I buckled and started the car. Josie was sitting there, texting. I looked at her.

“Didn’t your dad take that away?” I asked.

“Mom gave it back.” She said with attitude.

“Yes, I realise that but, your father took it away. Hand it over.” I said. She looked at me laughed.

“You aren’t my parent.” She said.

“No, but I am your aunt, and honey, you were suspended. And once I tell your dad, let’s just say, you won’t get anything, for a while.” I said. She looked at me.

“Phone.” I said. After a few minutes she handed it over. I set it in my purse and pulled onto her street. I drove down a little and turned into her driveway. I stopped the car and saw Evie’s car. I raised an eye brow. I got out, grabbed Jace and followed Josie inside. Evie was sitting at the kitchen table with Harley.

“Hey Evie.” I said. She looked up smiling and then saw Josie and frowned.

“Why is she home?” She asked.

“She was suspended.” I said. Evie looked at me and then at Josie.

“Is that true Josephina?” She asked. Josie looked down.

“Josephina Jenelle Gaskarth!” She yelled.

“Yeah.” Josie said quietly.

“And why is that?” She asked Josie.

“I was caught.” She said.

“Doing what?” Evie asked. Josie stayed quiet. I grabbed Harley and took him and Jace into the basement to play with Harley’s toys. I turned on the TV and walked back upstairs, after putting the gate at the bottom of the stairs.

“Josephina Jenelle! Why were you suspended!” Evie yelled. She stayed quiet. I looked at Josie.

“She was caught having sex with Matt in an empty class room and she hasn’t paid off the four truency tickets she has.” I said. Evie looked over at me and then back at Josie. I saw it in her face, she was beyond angry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sixth chapter!!!!!!! Ok, so Josie's in a little trouble. Ok not a little, a lot. Ryan and Karli are, maybe, going to have another baby! And they're moving!!!!!!!!

Comment/Subscribe/Promote

© 2012 Dallas Bryher All Rights Reserved