Family Matters

Chapter Five

Ryan pulled the car in front of Tom and Naia’s Pets. I got out and grabbed my crutches. We all walked into the store, Jace still half asleep, but as soon as he saw the dogs he perked up and smiled.

“Hi, welcome to Tom and Naia’s Pets. I’m Naia can I help you with anything?” A lady asked.

“We’re looking for a puppy.” I said. She smiled and walked forward. We followed her and we stopped at a cage holding about twelve puppies. Jace walked up to the glass and a puppy walked up to him and they ‘touched’ noses.

“Awe that’s cute!” I said.

“That’s Kai. She is 7 weeks old. She’s a pure bred Border Collie.” Naia said.

“How much for her?” I asked.

“$721.33” She said. I looked at Ryan and he sighed, taking out his wallet.

“We’ll take her.” He said as he wrote out a check for eight hundred.

“Why 800?” I asked.

“Dog needs other stuff too.” He said. I nodded and Ryan looked at Deryk, who nodded, sighed and walked over to the dog foods and bowls. He grabbed a big bag of puppy chow and a food bowl and water bowl.

“We’ll get the kennel at a pet supply store.” He said and we put everything up on the counter.

“Ok, total is 793.” Naia said. Ryan handed her the check and smiled.

“Keep the change.” He said. She smiled and got a leash and walked over to the cage and got Kai out. Jace grabbed the leash and smiled.

“I wanna walk Kai!” He said. I gave Ben a look and he nodded. We all walked out and I got in the front seat. Ryan pulled out of the spot and drove down the road to the pet supply store. I looked in the mirror and Jace was sleeping again.

“When you go into the store, I’m staying out here with Jace.” I said. Ryan nodded and looked in the mirror. He pulled into a spot and stopped the car. Him, Ben, and Deryk all got out and walked inside. Kai somehow made her way up to the front and climbed on my lap. I pet her head and she leaned against me and looked out the window. I looked at Jace and he was out cold. I smiled and leaned back in the chair. I looked up and closed my eyes slowly. I was just about asleep when the back door opened and I heard the rattling of the kennel. I sat up and watched as Ryan got in the car.

“Ok, home now?” He asked. I nodded and he started the car.

~Time Lapse~

Today is the cook out. Taylor, Teah, Jaime, Miranda, Elise, And Alex and his crew were all coming over. So many people. Oh my gosh. Ryan was sitting at the computer doing something and I was in the kitchen cooking. Deryk was gone with Nick getting the dessert. Jace was napping and Ben was reading at the table. I heard a knock on the door and wobbled to the door.

“Hey.” I said as I opened the door to Taylor and Teah. They walked in and I wobbled back to the kitchen.

“Hey Ben. Whatchya reading?” Taylor asked.

“Harry Potter.” He said. I smiled and put the food in the oven.

“Ok, Ben watch this. It has to be in for ten minutes. I’m going to go get Jace up and dressed and then get dressed myself. Don’t let it burn.” I told Ben. He waved me off and I wobbled to the stairs and up them. I walked into Ben and Jace’s room and Jace was laying, on top of his blankets, shirt half way up his belly. I smiled and walked up to him.

“Jace, wake up baby. His eyes popped open and looked at me. He reached his hands up and rubbed his eyes.

“Let’s get dressed. Tay Tay is here.” I said.

“Tay Tay?!” He exclaimed. I nodded and went to his dresser and got out a pair of jeans and a shirt.

“Ok, honey get dressed for mommy while she gets dressed.” I said. He nodded and grabbed his clothes. I walked out and walked to my room. I went to my closet and got out an outfit and changed. I looked out the window and saw Alex and Evie, and their kids pull up to the house. I got dressed quickly, and walked out of my room and went to Jace. He was putting his clothes in the hamper.

“Come on Jace, Uncle Alex is here!” I exclaimed. He got wide eyed and ran out of his room and down the stairs. I walked out of the room and Kai came out of Deryk’s room. Kai likes Deryk, they’ve gotten close. I wobbled down the stairs and saw Jace hugging Alex.

“Hey little guy. Did you just wake up?” He asked.

“No....”Jace said.

“Yes he did.” I said and got to the bottom.

“Nice outfit sis.” He said and side hugged me. Josie was texting on her phone and Danny was by Ryan, probably pleading him for the computer.

“Alex, do your kids know how to socialize?” I asked. He looked up at Josie.

“Put the phone away Josephina.” He said. She looked up and gave him a dirty look and put her phone in her pocket.

“Why am I even here?” She asked.

“Because you have gotten into way to much trouble lately and you are grounded. And speaking of being grounded, why do you have your phone?” Alex asked.

“Mom gave it back.” She said.

“Well, I took it away, I decide when you get it back. Hand it over.” He said. She groaned and handed it to him.

“Josie, why don’t you take Harley and Jace outside?” I asked. She sighed and walked out. I looked at Alex.

“What kind of trouble has she gotten in?” I asked.

“Ask Evie.” He said and walked to the kitchen. I looked at Evie.

“She was caught doing weed in the basement, and Alex grounded her till further notice.” She said.

“That’s not all is it?” I asked. She shook her head.

“Nope, she’s also been skipping school to go ‘hang out’ with Matt, and is failing school. Alex is pissed at her and she isn’t used to him being to strict.” She said. I nodded.

“Mkay. Well, Ryan and Alex are going to grill and we are going to relax.” I said. She laughed and we walked into the kitchen. Kai was looking up at Ben with pleading eyes.

“Ben, pet the dog.” I said. He pulled his face away from the book and looked down.

“Actually, take her outside and go play with Harley and Jace.” I said. He looked at me, sighed, closed the book and walked outside. Kai following close behind.

“Still the strict one I see.” Taylor said.

“Yes I am. But Ryan’s getting better.” I said.

“At what?” I heard Ryan ask as him and Danny walked in.

“Being the strict parent.” I said. He nodded and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

“You guys are so cute.” Alex said.

“Thank you. Taylor did Ben take the food out?” I asked.

“Yeah. It’s on top of the stove.” He said. I nodded and turned to the stove. The doorbell rang just as I got to the stove.

“Go get the door Ryan.” I said. He walked out and came back in with Jaime, Miranda, and Elise.

“Where’s Deryk?” Elise asked.

“Not here.” I said. She pouted and walked out in the back. And, as if on cue, Deryk and Nick walked in.

“Hey Uncle Alex.” He said. Alex nodded to him.

“Alright, Alex, Ryan, Jaime, Taylor, go to the grill.” I said. They all groaned slightly before getting up and walking out back. I smiled and followed. I turned and went to my lounge chairs out back, and sat down. The girls all sat down and I looked at Teah.

“So when are you and Taylor gonna have kids?” I asked.

“I told him I want to wait for a while, since my career is just hitting off.” She said.

“So Taylor wants kids?” Evie asked.

“Yeah, more than anything. He even told me names he would name his kids.” She said.

“And they are?” I asked.

“For a boy Noah Robert, and for a girl Jonahlynn Marie.” She said.

“He is so creative.” I said.

“What about you?” Teah asked.

“What about me?” I asked.

“You and Ryan having any more kids?” She asked.

“Um, hun, I’m 37, I don’t see having more kids.” I said.

“You’ve always wanted a girl though.” Evie said. I nodded.

“I know, but I’m ok with my three boys.” I said.

“If, and it’s a huge if, you would get pregnant again, would you be ok with it?” Evie asked.

“Yeah probably, but I just need to focus on my job right now.” I said. She nodded and crossed her legs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boring chapter, I know. But keep reading please! So you met the whole family. That's good. So, should I make Karli have another kid?

Comment/Subscribe/Promote

© 2012 Dallas Bryher All Rights Reserved