Status: updates when inspiration and free time collide.

Reinvent Love

remembering the summer.

Jøhn.

When we were little, we would spend every spring break in Mexico and every summer at our grandparents’ lake house. She liked Mexico because of the beaches, and I liked Mexico because of the food. Our grandparents’ beach house was fun, too.

They had a beach house on Jekyll Island, and we would fly over to spend the summers with them, just me and Jasper. Ross never wanted to go and Shane had always had some sports camp. Mom and dad had stuff to do, but that was fine with us. Jekyll was always so much fun because we had so much freedom.

We could bike everywhere we needed to go – the beach, the town center, the grocery store. Jasper loved biking because it “kept her in shape”, but I liked biking because I liked being outdoors. Jasper liked the beach because she loved to tan, but I liked the beach because I liked to swim. Jasper was such a girl sometimes.

“John, I’m tired,” Jasper sighed as she stopped biking. “Can we take a break?”

“We barely biked anywhere! I’m gonna leave you behind,” I threatened, continuing to bike on. I biked until I rounded a corner and she left my line of sight before I stopped and grudgingly turned around, biking back to her.

“Hi, John,” Jasper said cheerfully, not even surprised that I came back.

Scowling, I propped up my bike next to hers and got off it. “Want some water?” I offered her the water bottle on my bike, which she took.

I could never say no to Jasper, and she knew it, too. She also knew that I could never be mean to her, and even if I was, I was only mean before I was about to be nice to her. We had that kind of relationship where I picked on her all the time, but no one else was allowed to pick on her. I was nicer and closer to Jasper than my own brothers…Probably because we were twins.

She sat down and shook her hair out so she could fishtail braid it. Waiting was getting boring, so I started kicking some dirt around…until I found an anthill. Grinning to myself, I grabbed a rock and a branch before returning to the massive anthill. I chucked the rock at it, laughing to myself when I saw the ants starting to scramble all over it. Then I used the branch to poke holes in it and move the rock around to mess it up some more.

“John!” Jasper scolded, slapping the back of my head. “Stop it!”

“Shut up.” I just kicked the anthill, getting dirt onto Jasper. She screamed and frantically brushed the dirt off. I just laughed.

“John, it’s not funny! I could get ant bites!” Jasper whined, taking off her shoes to shake them out, too. “What did those ants ever do to you, huh, John? Nothing!”

“Yeah, but messing with ants is just too much fun!”

Just like messing with you is too much fun, Jasper…
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading; hope you liked it!
this was just a prologue.
anyways, feedback would be lovely and greatly appreciated! :D