Killjoy Lips

True Pain

Korse grabbed a chair and sat to the side of Party and I. He held a gun in his hand playing with it.

“Do you want to know?” Korse questioned looking at me

“Want to know what?” I spat

“What happened to you, why you’re here and what not”

“Enlighten me” I said

Party just listened to the story as well as me.

“Well, it all began when you were born of course. Your mothers name was Alice. After you were born, some very very vengeful people I had a past with came after Alice and you while I was away”

I didn’t say anything. I just looked down.

“They killed her and took you from me. YOUR adoptive father RICK shot your dearest mother Alice. I’ve been chasing that bastard who took my daughter and killed my love for YEARS”

“Don’t forget the part where you turned into a psychopath and enslaved an ENTIRE city” Party said coldly

“I was getting to that BOY” Korse said

I sat there, still shocked. I didn’t know what to think at all.

“I became to Vengeful, vengeful enough to enslave a city” Korse said

I hate him. I hate his guts. I have no sympathy. Even if he REALLY is my father.

“Then I finally found you, my lovely Kaitlin” he rubbed my cheek with his thumb

“My name is ELIZABETH” I clenched my teeth

“It broke my heart when I found out that Rick had changed your name, he doesn’t even have the decency to keep your name after he stole you from me”

“I’m not property, you DON’T own ME” I said

“YOU’RE RIGHTFULLY MINE GOD DAMNIT!” Korse shouted in my face slamming his hands down on the armrests of my chair

I was scared. I thought I was going to burst into tears. He noticed he had scared me and backed away. I looked at Party, he gave me a sly smirk. All of a sudden Partys hands were free! He had loosened his tied hands. He hit Korse knocking him to the floor. Party quickly untied his feet from the chair. He untied my hands. He helped me from my still shocked state. I stood up looking at Korse on the ground.

“Come on!” Party desperately pulled at my jacket

“Wait” is said quietly

“NO come on NOW! Leave him be!” Party pulled my jacket. I followed still dazed.

He and I ran down the halls. We ran into Fun Ghoul and Kobra Kid along with their group of people. Party still held my hand as we all half ran while talking.

“What happened?!” Kobra asked

“Korse caught us, HE IS PISSED” Party said

“Did you get into the mainframe?” Fun asked

“We did, but that’s when we got caught, he had Grace”

“He had Grace?!” Kobra asked

“Yeah but she’s safe now, in the tunnel” Party reassured him

A group of Dracs stood at the end of the hallway we were running down. They shot at us hitting a man part of our group behind me. Party let go of my hand and started to shoot. I didn’t even know how he got his gun back from Korse. Somehow the battle was taken into a very large lobby room of some sort. I spotted the Japanese woman in the suit joining the battle. She sure as hell didn’t have a gun though. She had a freaking Samurai Sword. SHIT. Party protected me. Shooting every Drac down that came toward us. I however had my own problems. The woman just watched me. I don’t think she was allowed to hurt me, however she was just waiting for the perfect time to pounce on her prey. I picked up a gun a dead Drac had dropped. I pointed it at the woman. She just laughed.

“Whatever are you going to do with that? Do you even know how to work it?” she said cheekily

I shot it. It missed her head by an inch. She looked at me, then the hole in the wall beside her head. She was angry now. But not allowed to touch me. A drac ran into me making me fall to the ground. Dead weight was on top of me. Party noticed my dismay and immediately tried to help. That’s when the woman attacked. She swiped at him narrowly missing him. I however was trying to bet a dead body off of me. Finally I was free, just in time to hit the woman over the head seconds from her nearly killing Party who was lying on the ground. I kneeled and helped him up. Strangely in the middle of all this chaos I Party held me in his arms. Protecting me. Out of the corner of my eye, before I could even think, the woman had gotten up and came at the back of Party holding me. I didn’t even think, I just reacted and turned, making Party turn away and me in the way as his shield. I felt a jabbing sharp pain through back. Everything stopped. It was silent. I couldn’t breathe. I looked, and everyone had stopped. Everyone was looking at me and Party. I felt my hands beginning to tremble uncontrollably. Party read horror in his face as he looked into my eyes then down. I was scared to look, yet I did.

A silver blade protruded out from my rib just under my heart.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???!?!?!?!” I heard yelling. It was Korse.

My breathing trembled. The blade was pulled out from my back. I fell into Party. He kneeled down holding me. I felt nothing but pain. I could hardly even think.

“You’re going to be ok!” Party said crying holding me

“YOU” Korse attacked the woman

Party picked me up into his arms. I screamed in pain.

“We have to go, NOW” Kobra said

We weren’t stopped. Korse didn’t give any orders. He let us go. They ran holding me, straight out of Battery City. It was hard for me to stay focused, stay alive. The bus was equipped with a small aid kit. Party lay me on the hood of his car. Fun tried to tend to me. I had lost a lot of blood. Party squeezed my hand standing over me. He was covered in my blood.

“Party…………..she’s not -----“ Fun Goul started

“DON’T! DON’T TELL ME THAT! SHE WILL MAKE IT, SHE WILL” Party half yelled

Fun ghoul left us be. I held Partys hand as he stood over me. Everyone else watched from a distance. Party got on the hood sitting over me. I could feel myself slipping away.

“Why did you do that?” he said his voice shaking. His voice was soft.

“Be---because, I l-ov—e y-you” I tried to speak

I used what energy I had and lifted my hand to cup his face. His warm tears rolled down my hand.

“I love you” he said softly and kissed my hand

That was the last thing I saw. His face. My angel crying. Then everything went dark.