Status: Still a work in progress.

Juvie in New Jersey

Who Knew Juvie Would be so Great?

"Fate," I heard Arniah's voice over me. "Fate, honey," she was calm and collected. "C'mon, sis. Breathe. Fate, can you hear me?"

I groaned and sat up "S-Sis?" I studdered. I rubbed my eyes as she gently persuaded me back down.

"Did I say that? Sorry. I guess you're the closest I've ever come to family." She dabbed my head with a wet washcloth.

I shivered under the cold but smiled at the thought of my own family again. Someone I could count on. "No, it's okay. It's refreshing. Where am I?"

"We're in the isolation room."

"Why?"

"It's only the safest place to be. Especially when those around you are insane, psychopathic, lunatics bent on revenge and driven by an inhuman bloodlust."

I smiled wryly. "But aren't YOU an insane, psychopathic, lunatics bent on revenge and driven by an inhuman bloodlust?" She laughed and, though it sent bullets through my head, the sound was refreshing.

"Aren't you?" she countered.

"Well yeah, but I'm a vampire. I have a right."

She smiled and sat beside me. "Nice."

"That doesn't freak you out?"

"Well it woulld, but a little blood-fix every now and again is one of my many guilty secrets."

I smiled. "Who knew juvie would be so great?"

"It'll be even better when I can walk, talk, and skip meals without an escort. We can rule here."

"You think so, huh?"

We laughed again then we were escorted back to our cell, both laughing maniacally.